[u]Previous Role-Playing Experience[/u]:
[u]Department Preference[/u]:
[u]Secondary Department Preference[/u]:
[u]Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian[/u]:

[u]Sample post[/u]:

[u]Additional information[/u]:

[u]How did you find Shadow Fleet?[/u]

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Derek Rodwell

Character Details

Character Name: Derek Rodwell
Character Age: 25
Character DOB: 31 August 2373
Character Image: (FC: Jason Cook)
Character Species:Human
Character Family:
Father: Lieutenant Joseph Rodwell, age 50, retired Starfleet Engineer
Mother: Lieutenant Abigail (Tyler) Rodwell, age 48, retired Starfleet Engineer

Character Bio: Derek was born on Seran T-1. Both of his parents were junior officers and were stationed there. Derek spend the first 17 years of his life on the outpost. As there wasn't much more for a kid to do there, he had watched and learned from his parents and the other engineers and had come quite adapt at repairs and such himself. When he turned 17, both of his parents retired and they returned home to Earth. Being planet side for the first time in his life, Derek disappointed his parents by not applying to Starfleet right away. He instead wanted to spend some time exploring. He took a few years to travel and learned more skills during his adventures. When he finally returned home at the age of 20, he finally appeased his mother and father by taking the Academy entrance exam and passing. Upon his acceptance, he entered the Academy and Majored in propulsion systems. After his initial four years were complete, he opted to take the Academy Extension Course #4077. In this course, students studied the engineering developments of non-humanoid societies. He figured that if he was going to space, there was bound to be some non-humanoid tech out there. Once the course was done, he was promoted to the rank of Ensign and assigned to a posting in the prestigious Shadow Fleet.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Kyle Briggs
Department Preference: Engineering (Preferably on SBC)
Secondary Department Preference: Security
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian:Commisioned

Sample post:

Nothing pissed Derek off more than someone telling him that he was wrong. Especially when he knew he was right. The class had been discussing the dilithium crystal chamber aboard the USS Enterprise-D. Though he was born a couple of years after it was produced for the ship, he was born on the outpost that manufactured it and he did grow up reading and hearing about it his whole life. His parents were junior officers on the project when they met and got married and had him. It was his father's favorite topic.

"They got lucky." argued one Cadet. "Anyone could have made a lunchbox to hold the crystals."

"Luck had nothing to do with it." replied Derek. "Even Professor Leah Brahms was quoted as saying, "some of the Federation's best engineering minds participated in its development."

"You just agree because mommy and daddy helped out." taunted another Cadet.

Derek quickly jumped up and snatched the man up by his collar.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!!" called out the Instructor. "All 3 of you are confined to your quarters this weekend instead of having a pass. I'll let Security know right after class. You're all dismissed. Mister Rodwell. See me before you leave."

Derek remained seated as everyone else filed out of the room. Once the last person closed the door behind them, he stood and made his way to the front. He stood at attention and waited on the Lieutenant.

"Have a seat, Derek." He was told. "Listen. I'm sure the Academy is hard enough without you getting ribbed about who your parents are but people are going to find out and they are going to tease you about it. You just have to let it go."

"I know Uncle Martin." Derek replied.

Lieutenant Commander Martin Foster had been stationed with Derek's parents when the chamber for the Big E was developed. Instead of retiring, he'd opted for an Academy Instructor position in Engineering and as luck would have it, Derek got his course.

"It just makes me mad when someone doesn't know what they're talking about." he continued.

"I completely understand. But you can't go around beating people up over it. I meant what I said about not getting a pass. I want you to stay in and cool off this weekend. We'll pick up the subject again on Monday and hopefully you'll be a little more level headed by then. Dismissed." said Foster.

"Aye, Sir." Answered Derek.

Level headed my ass. he thought as he returned to his dorm room and spent the weekend thinking of ways to get back at the other two Cadets that had mocked him.

Additional information:

Height: 5ft 11in
Weight: 210 lbs
Build/Body Type: Athletic
Complexion: Tan
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Already a member

Rayek trLhoell

Thank you Derek for your application.

We've confirmed you have approval of your main characters CLO for this alt.
Your placement vote has taken place and you should be contacted shortly by your simm's CLO begin your posting with them.

Cheers!

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Derek Rodwell

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.