News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Office Hours (Jess Willar/Lorut Vila)

Started by Jess Willard, August 27, 2023, 05:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorut Vila

Vila considered the woman's words. "œPerhaps. I think, though, that I've repelled some people. Besides, I wouldn't know where to start. I've stopped drinking alcohol and until I figure out some hobbies or other interests, I think I'd be boring to talk to."

She sighed. "œI understand why I do that. I need something else to train my anger towards. Besides my ex husband and the Cardassians. We're supposed to be friends now. I personally don't think I could ever be friends with someone who tried to invade my planet, but I also DO understand that most of the newer generation had nothing to do with it. That doesn't make it better." She said. "œI'm more restricted in Star Fleet than I was in the Militia, and even as a civilian ON ships and stations. Im not allowed to use the Holodecks at a whim. I have to ask permission for everything-I'm used to being a self-starter and I'm also used to constantly going. I have never been idle. I don't know how to relax. Im always tense, alert for danger. But."

"œIm exhausted."

Jess Willard

Quote from: Lorut Vila on September 06, 2023, 12:39:06 AM

Vila considered the woman's words. "œPerhaps. I think, though, that I've repelled some people. Besides, I wouldn't know where to start. I've stopped drinking alcohol and until I figure out some hobbies or other interests, I think I'd be boring to talk to."

She sighed. "œI understand why I do that. I need something else to train my anger towards. Besides my ex husband and the Cardassians. We're supposed to be friends now. I personally don't think I could ever be friends with someone who tried to invade my planet, but I also DO understand that most of the newer generation had nothing to do with it. That doesn't make it better." She said. "œI'm more restricted in Star Fleet than I was in the Militia, and even as a civilian ON ships and stations. Im not allowed to use the Holodecks at a whim. I have to ask permission for everything-I'm used to being a self-starter and I'm also used to constantly going. I have never been idle. I don't know how to relax. Im always tense, alert for danger. But."

"œIm exhausted."

Jess furrowed her brow slightly as she listened to Vila intently. "Then that's where we start. We find something or somewhere you feel safe. Hopefully, this space becomes safe for you at some point, but if not hopefully we can find a place where you don't have to feel on guard. Obviously, I also want to help you work through your trauma. But I think before we get to help with your past, I think we should work on making your present more comfortable." Her voice was soft like silk as she spoke now. "And to be clear, I'll never force you into doing things you don't want to do. I do have some extra access to the holodeck because of how my job works. So as a part of that, I'd like to take you to some places. There's this little cafe back in Seattle I love dearly I think you should join me at."

She/Her - Human

Lorut Vila

"I don't feel safe ANYWHERE," she said. "I learned early that danger lurks around every corner. And just when you think you're finally safe, the person who is supposed to help you keep safe lets you down," she said. "And it starts over again." Even here, she was tense, alert, ready to act if she needed to.

The Counselor continued. Insisting.

"Sol?" Vila asked. Her face flickered in interest for a moment. "That might be...interesting." Vila never had fun anymore. The only "fun" she had was when she was blacked out enough to sleep through the nightmares that haunted her. "I am willing to try that. Once." If she was going to be forced into this, she might as well show them it didn't work. It never had, so why now?!

"Can we do that soon?" She asked.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.