Pizza Poll!

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, March 07, 2017, 03:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Judy Eastman on October 12, 2018, 07:48:03 PM

I believe he finds it using google

The power of Google compels you!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Jeric Th'Zan

Judith Eastman

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Jada

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/the-scientific-reason-why-pineapples-belong-on-pizza

There are two kinds of people in this debate: those with a good sense of taste who appreciate a complex flavour profile, and those who mindlessly regurgitate an obsolete internet meme that started with a dumb joke by an Icelandic PM trying to win votes and was never an issue before.

This debate has only made me appreciate the Hawaiian pizza as among the very best of pizzas.

But it's had real-world harm: pizza restaurants here have stopped doing Hawaiian and only sell a boring-arse ham-and-cheese, leaving us with no way of sneaking fruit inside a child on pizza night. We have to add our own pineapple to make it enjoyable.

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Jeric Th'Zan

It really is for us sophisticated gents, isn't it?

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Judith Eastman

Quote from: Jada on October 13, 2018, 05:51:58 AM

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/the-scientific-reason-why-pineapples-belong-on-pizza

There are two kinds of people in this debate: those with a good sense of taste who appreciate a complex flavour profile, and those who mindlessly regurgitate an obsolete internet meme that started with a dumb joke by an Icelandic PM trying to win votes and was never an issue before.

This debate has only made me appreciate the Hawaiian pizza as among the very best of pizzas.

But it's had real-world harm: pizza restaurants here have stopped doing Hawaiian and only sell a boring-arse ham-and-cheese, leaving us with no way of sneaking fruit inside a child on pizza night. We have to add our own pineapple to make it enjoyable.

The person who wrote the article you cited tagged in under "stupid". I find it hard to take seriously.

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Judy Eastman on October 13, 2018, 01:35:51 PM

The person who wrote the article you cited tagged in under "stupid". I find it hard to take seriously.

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." -Sir Winston Churchill

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Judith Eastman

Quote from: Alexander Wu on October 14, 2018, 01:22:26 AM

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." -Sir Winston Churchill

But they're usually not. That's why they're called fools. Counting on the less probable outcome to be true is not a sensible course of action.

Jada

Quote from: Judy Eastman on October 13, 2018, 01:35:51 PM

I think the "Stupid" refers to the baseless argument that pineapple doesn't belong on pizza.
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Judith Eastman

Quote from: Jada on October 14, 2018, 02:11:11 AM

I think the "Stupid" refers to the baseless argument that pineapple doesn't belong on pizza.

No, it refers to the subject of the article as a whole. That's how tagging an article works on this sort of site.
Also, and I should've said this earlier, that was as far removed from a peer-reviewed scientific journal as you can find. Reliability points deduced further.

Jeric Th'Zan

"A man takes a drink, the drink takes a drink, the drink takes the man."

Felicity Ellis

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Kirok

Quote from: Jeric Th'Zan on October 12, 2018, 11:36:21 PM

nice
PS - Just a gentle reminder to keep the conversation friendly and non-judgmental.  We don't want any hurt feeling ;-)

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Susan Markington

pineapple on pizza is yummy if it's with canadian bacon!  :P

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.