News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

An Introduction (Nira & Taja)

Started by Dr Taja Grippen, November 10, 2023, 03:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Taja Grippen

Quote from: Nira Said on November 10, 2023, 12:32:22 PM

[Commander Nira Said | Bridge >- Ready Room >- Bridge | Deck One | USS Challenger NCC-40117-A]

Hearing Doctor Grippen's reply, Nira headed for her ready room, handing the conn to Commander Catalan. A moment later, Doctor Grippen came to the ready room.

At first glance, Nira was surprised. Taja Grippen was as blond as can be. Nonetheless, she was Risian, owing to what was on her forehead...and yet, there was something familiar about him.

"It's good to meet you, Doctor," she said. "I wished to formally welcome you aboard the Challenger. I didn't know how I missed you on the duty roster...I wanted to speak to you, of course, on a personal matter...your surname, Grippen...are you related, by any chance to a Malik Grippen?"

[First Officer's Ready Room]

Taja smiled warmly at the cordial introduction. The Risan studied the commander's jet-black eyes, a trait of one from Betazed. One could get lost in those glistening orbs, like two bottomless pools of the darkest obsidian...
Taja cleared her throat, setting her mind back to focus.

"Thank you commander for the warm welcome. It's a pleasure to be here. And I am, we're siblings. You have met him before?"

Her mind flashed briefly to that of Malik's current fate, opening up the small compartment she had siphoned thoughts of his wellbeing to earlier. He was right in the thick of Frontier Day, the Borg and the assimilated/unassimilated alike. Taja steeled her mind once more, she would be but one of many who were currently wondering of the fate of their family and loved ones.

Species: Risian | Age: 30 | Profile | Character Images

Nira Said

Quote from: Dr Taja Grippen on November 10, 2023, 03:51:23 PM

Taja smiled warmly at the cordial introduction. The Risan studied the commander's jet-black eyes, a trait of one from Betazed. One could get lost in those glistening orbs, like two bottomless pools of the darkest obsidian...
Taja cleared her throat, setting her mind back to focus.

"Thank you commander for the warm welcome. It's a pleasure to be here. And I am, we're siblings. You have met him before?"

Her mind flashed briefly to that of Malik's current fate, opening up the small compartment she had siphoned thoughts of his wellbeing to earlier. He was right in the thick of Frontier Day, the Borg and the assimilated/unassimilated alike. Taja steeled her mind once more, she would be but one of many who were currently wondering of the fate of their family and loved ones.

[Commander Nira Said | First Officer's Ready Room | Deck One | USS Challenger NCC-40117-A]

Nira blinked when Taja mentioned that they were siblings. She was astonished. The two didn't seem to look alike, given Risans were dark-haired. A blonde Risan seemed rare...but on the other hand, she was a Muslim Betazoid, so they seemed to go well.

"As a matter of fact, yes," said Nira. "Worked with each other some times, and a great deal more..."

She paused a moment and then got her courage up. "In fact we had pleasure of enjoying each other's company...and enjoying the pleasures of Risan passions...you could say I'm a sort-of girlfriend. We haven't had contact much, but we enjoy each other's company..."

She braced herself for a potential explosion, realizing that talking love about her brother upon first meeting her could get awkward, but she hoped otherwise, considering how well Betazoids and Risans get along.

First Officer, Outpost Solaere
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Dr Taja Grippen

Quote from: Nira Said on November 10, 2023, 04:52:04 PM

[Commander Nira Said | First Officer's Ready Room | Deck One | USS Challenger NCC-40117-A]

Nira blinked when Taja mentioned that they were siblings. She was astonished. The two didn't seem to look alike, given Risans were dark-haired. A blonde Risan seemed rare...but on the other hand, she was a Muslim Betazoid, so they seemed to go well.

"As a matter of fact, yes," said Nira. "Worked with each other some times, and a great deal more..."

She paused a moment and then got her courage up. "In fact we had pleasure of enjoying each other's company...and enjoying the pleasures of Risan passions...you could say I'm a sort-of girlfriend. We haven't had contact much, but we enjoy each other's company..."

She braced herself for a potential explosion, realizing that talking love about her brother upon first meeting her could get awkward, but she hoped otherwise, considering how well Betazoids and Risans get along.

Taja blinked in surprise. "Oh..." but not at what a human would be expected to react to. For Risans, the coupling of people especially involving the sacred 'jamaharon ritual' was something to be celebrated. Taja was happy that the commander had gotten to experience the pleasures of Risan culture first hand. No, what surprised Taja was that Malik hadn't told her anything about this. Especially since he knew what ship she would be stationed on.

Taja smiled warmly, "Malik tends to keep his love-life private, even from his own family. Which is a very odd trait for a Risan if you ask me. I'm pleased you and my brother have experienced first hand a sacred part of Risan culture." She imagined that a human's reaction would be very different to hers right now.

"Though, he did mention to me of a betazoid that he'd invited to the family villa a couple years back, I'm assuming that you are the very same. This is great to hear if I'm honest. You're practically like a sister-in-jamaharon to me! I don't know anyone here yet, so it's really nice to find someone with a shared bond."

She then collected herself, remembering that this was her first officer and that a degree of decorum was required. Her brow furrowed slightly, "I have to ask, have you heard anything about him? He's part of the Frontier Day celebrations..."

Nira Said

Quote from: Dr Taja Grippen on November 11, 2023, 03:25:56 PM

Taja blinked in surprise. "Oh..." but not at what a human would be expected to react to. For Risans, the coupling of people especially involving the sacred 'jamaharon ritual' was something to be celebrated. Taja was happy that the commander had gotten to experience the pleasures of Risan culture first hand. No, what surprised Taja was that Malik hadn't told her anything about this. Especially since he knew what ship she would be stationed on.

Taja smiled warmly, "Malik tends to keep his love-life private, even from his own family. Which is a very odd trait for a Risan if you ask me. I'm pleased you and my brother have experienced first hand a sacred part of Risan culture." She imagined that a human's reaction would be very different to hers right now.

"Though, he did mention to me of a betazoid that he'd invited to the family villa a couple years back, I'm assuming that you are the very same. This is great to hear if I'm honest. You're practically like a sister-in-jamaharon to me! I don't know anyone here yet, so it's really nice to find someone with a shared bond."

She then collected herself, remembering that this was her first officer and that a degree of decorum was required. Her brow furrowed slightly, "I have to ask, have you heard anything about him? He's part of the Frontier Day celebrations..."

Nira noticed Taja's surprise. Did Malik not tell his sister about her?

But she smiled warmly when Taja mentioned she was glad Nira went through Risan culture, and even more so when she mentioned Malik had taken a Betazoid to his private villa.

"As a matter of fact, I am," she said with bubbliness. "He took me to his villa. We swam the reefs, we enjoyed the scenery...made such wonderful love there...it's the most beautiful place I've been to on Risa..."

She cringed at mention that Malik was taking part in the Frontier Day celebrations. She said an inward prayer to Allah with the hopes that he makes it alive and then said, "Not recently. And I hope he makes it out alive."

And she made a note to contact him much more frequently if he does. She even wondered if she ask for his transfer, she did not want to be parted from him. She won't stand it if he dies...but there was the problem of Savar to consider...

Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."

Dr Taja Grippen

Quote from: Nira Said on November 13, 2023, 11:23:24 AM

Nira noticed Taja's surprise. Did Malik not tell his sister about her?

But she smiled warmly when Taja mentioned she was glad Nira went through Risan culture, and even more so when she mentioned Malik had taken a Betazoid to his private villa.

"As a matter of fact, I am," she said with bubbliness. "He took me to his villa. We swam the reefs, we enjoyed the scenery...made such wonderful love there...it's the most beautiful place I've been to on Risa..."

She cringed at mention that Malik was taking part in the Frontier Day celebrations. She said an inward prayer to Allah with the hopes that he makes it alive and then said, "Not recently. And I hope he makes it out alive."

And she made a note to contact him much more frequently if he does. She even wondered if she ask for his transfer, she did not want to be parted from him. She won't stand it if he dies...but there was the problem of Savar to consider...

Nira's mention of the Grippen family villa brought back a flood of warm and fond memories. She had spent ample time there in her youth, enjoying the private beach and swimming in Risa's crystal clear ocean. Taja hadn't been to the villa in years what with her education taken up most of her time and now Starfleet.

"Ahh the family villa, I do miss it. At least Malik made use of it, I haven't been there for a while."

Then the mention of Malik and Frontier Day brought her back to the present. "I'm sure he's fine, I probably won't even get a message if he is!" She then tried to lighten the mood and talk about what Risan's loved to talk about. "So you mention you two were, or are, an item? How do you deal with the lack of physical love for so long?" As a Risan, she wouldn't last a week without a lover. She had no idea what Malik was doing to keep himself occupied whilst away from Nira.

Nira Said

Quote from: Dr Taja Grippen on November 13, 2023, 04:55:17 PM

Nira's mention of the Grippen family villa brought back a flood of warm and fond memories. She had spent ample time there in her youth, enjoying the private beach and swimming in Risa's crystal clear ocean. Taja hadn't been to the villa in years what with her education taken up most of her time and now Starfleet.

"Ahh the family villa, I do miss it. At least Malik made use of it, I haven't been there for a while."

Then the mention of Malik and Frontier Day brought her back to the present. "I'm sure he's fine, I probably won't even get a message if he is!" She then tried to lighten the mood and talk about what Risan's loved to talk about. "So you mention you two were, or are, an item? How do you deal with the lack of physical love for so long?" As a Risan, she wouldn't last a week without a lover. She had no idea what Malik was doing to keep himself occupied whilst away from Nira.

"I suppose my hormones keep me going," said Nira. "I also have someone else as well. I found another man, of course, but Malik is never far from my mind. I wish I could've talked to him more...and for all I know...and with the communication blackout from Earth..."

She let the sentence hang to drive the point home. For all she knew, Malik was dead or assimilated...most likely dead, if the youth had been assimilated...

Betazoid

Dr Taja Grippen

Taja leaned in closer, her eyes lighting up with the mention of a mystery man, the thought of Malik secondary now as the discussion turned to love interests. It was a sure fire way to grab a Risan's attention.

"Oh, who is this person to have captured one as beautiful as yourself?"

There was no denying it, the commander was a beautiful betazed woman and Taja could fully appreciate why Malik had brought her back to the family Villa. Not every gal got that special treatment. Heck, Taja had never brought anyone back to the villa yet what with her medical studies taking up so much damn time. She'd missed out on a lot of what your typical Risan woman her age would have experienced.

The Risan's eyes focused in on Nira's, in the way that only a Risan could do to illicit a response.

Nira Said

Quote from: Dr Taja Grippen on November 18, 2023, 04:21:25 PM

Taja leaned in closer, her eyes lighting up with the mention of a mystery man, the thought of Malik secondary now as the discussion turned to love interests. It was a sure fire way to grab a Risan's attention.

"Oh, who is this person to have captured one as beautiful as yourself?"

There was no denying it, the commander was a beautiful betazed woman and Taja could fully appreciate why Malik had brought her back to the family Villa. Not every gal got that special treatment. Heck, Taja had never brought anyone back to the villa yet what with her medical studies taking up so much damn time. She'd missed out on a lot of what your typical Risan woman her age would have experienced.

The Risan's eyes focused in on Nira's, in the way that only a Risan could do to illicit a response.

Nira blinked in surprise when Taja focused on her eyes. Whoa. She was feeling a hormornal jolt. She momentarily thought of the symptoms she had when exposed to genetically enhanced pollen from the corrupted Yanmarr. When the Phase had manifested itself extremely early because of it. Was there something in Taja's eyes that's doing something? Or was this something in Risan females?

Naturally, she couldn't resist talking. "His name is Savar. He's a Vulcan. He had been undergoing Pon Farr when we first met, and so he chose me as his mate. However, in the aftermath, he's okay with having off again and on again relationships. Uniquely, he's from a dying culture of the V'tosh Ka'tur. The Vulcans Without Emotion, Vulcans who utilize emotions in addition to logic. He's gorgeous, but not as gorgeous as Malik."

Betazoid

Dr Taja Grippen

Quote from: Nira Said on November 18, 2023, 05:10:20 PM

Nira blinked in surprise when Taja focused on her eyes. Whoa. She was feeling a hormornal jolt. She momentarily thought of the symptoms she had when exposed to genetically enhanced pollen from the corrupted Yanmarr. When the Phase had manifested itself extremely early because of it. Was there something in Taja's eyes that's doing something? Or was this something in Risan females?

Naturally, she couldn't resist talking. "His name is Savar. He's a Vulcan. He had been undergoing Pon Farr when we first met, and so he chose me as his mate. However, in the aftermath, he's okay with having off again and on again relationships. Uniquely, he's from a dying culture of the V'tosh Ka'tur. The Vulcans Without Emotion, Vulcans who utilize emotions in addition to logic. He's gorgeous, but not as gorgeous as Malik."

Quote from: Nira Said on November 18, 2023, 05:10:20 PM

'A Vulcan?', she thought. Now there was a surprise. She would never have expected a deeply empathetic species like a betazed to be drawn to the Vulcans. Perhaps this Vulcan was different, and Taja wasn't familiar with the V'tosh Ka'tur sect. Her medical training had briefly covered the Pon Farr, but she'd never experienced it first hand. The Starfleet medical standard practice was to leave that to the Vulcan physicians.

"I'll have to keep an eye out for this, Savar. He sounds like an interesting character indeed. Have you two ever, mind-melded? I hear it's almost as intense as the jamaharon. Though, more mental than physical - the jamaharon is both, but more physical in nature..." Taja drifted off for a moment, playfully twirling a finger through her hair as she remembered her last jamaharon back on Risa...she gently bit her lip remembering.

Nira Said

Quote from: Dr Taja Grippen on November 18, 2023, 05:39:55 PM

'A Vulcan?', she thought. Now there was a surprise. She would never have expected a deeply empathetic species like a betazed to be drawn to the Vulcans. Perhaps this Vulcan was different, and Taja wasn't familiar with the V'tosh Ka'tur sect. Her medical training had briefly covered the Pon Farr, but she'd never experienced it first hand. The Starfleet medical standard practice was to leave that to the Vulcan physicians.

"I'll have to keep an eye out for this, Savar. He sounds like an interesting character indeed. Have you two ever, mind-melded? I hear it's almost as intense as the jamaharon. Though, more mental than physical - the jamaharon is both, but more physical in nature..." Taja drifted off for a moment, playfully twirling a finger through her hair as she remembered her last jamaharon back on Risa...she gently bit her lip remembering.

"We have," said Nira. "In many ways, it's an intimate experience. We share our memories a lot. I had not idea it was more like that with Jamaharon," she added. "I can say it's...."

She sighed deeply at the memory. "It's the most ecstatic thing I ever experienced. When Savar mind melds, a great deal of the time, we're sharing our memories, as I said. I show him what I experienced when we're separated, and vice versa with him. You might be able to see him a great deal, he's often next to Lieutenant Randall on the bridge. Science 2, but often 3."

She blinked a moment and then said, "Out of curiosity, Taja...is there something with your eyes? I just feel like telling everything...I've never seen a Risan do something like that. I don't even know if Malik did that when I looked into his eyes..."

Betazoid

Dr Taja Grippen

Quote from: Nira Said on November 18, 2023, 06:13:20 PM

"We have," said Nira. "In many ways, it's an intimate experience. We share our memories a lot. I had not idea it was more like that with Jamaharon," she added. "I can say it's...."

She sighed deeply at the memory. "It's the most ecstatic thing I ever experienced. When Savar mind melds, a great deal of the time, we're sharing our memories, as I said. I show him what I experienced when we're separated, and vice versa with him. You might be able to see him a great deal, he's often next to Lieutenant Randall on the bridge. Science 2, but often 3."

She blinked a moment and then said, "Out of curiosity, Taja...is there something with your eyes? I just feel like telling everything...I've never seen a Risan do something like that. I don't even know if Malik did that when I looked into his eyes..."

Taja had to get a mind-meld, it sounded exhilarating. But she still couldn't imagine being intimate with a stoic-Vulcan, they just seemed to be emotionless husks of meat. And Taja needed emotions, feelings, and the company of others, they sustained her like fuel.

"Oh, I apologise, commander"¦" Her cheeks blushed slightly in embarrassment. "I forget this isn't common knowledge. There are some Risans that seem to illicit strong responses in others with nothing more than a gaze."

"We don't fully understand it, but I do seem to be able to make people relax more easily with a look, than other Risans. Perhaps it's the colour, I have my mother's eyes, she said they were like the tropical ocean of home."

"œBetazoids also posses some favourable eyeballs! They're so mysterious. Malik and Savar are very lucky if you ask me"¦"

"That's amazing," said Nira. "It must be a rare trait in Risans. Almost seems to have an effect like Orion pheromones. I wouldn't know about my eyes," she added at the comment about her eyes. "I know that with hostiles or people that get under my skin...I have practiced good and well; I can be scary when I want to. But yes, beautiful. The boys are definitely lucky..."

Suddenly, a klaxon blared loudly. Red Alert. What had happened?

"Pardon me, Taja, but I think something's coming up," she said, and headed onto the bridge.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.