News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Nurse/Patient Confidentiality - A Brief Respite from 'The Naked When'

Started by Zhukdrashar Mrekrerhas, November 28, 2022, 06:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhukdrashar Mrekrerhas

[Ensign Zhukdra'shar Mrekrerhas | Deck Seven | Sickbay | USS Challenger NCC-40117-A] (Shortly after S5:E9)

"I appreciate it. I will be sure to ask if such a situation arises," He reassured her, after her offer to explain unfamiliar terms to him. That was nice, for certain. Not that he made such embarrassing mistakes since Academy.

After she asked him to wait, he offered a sole nod, patiently waiting for her return with the tools. Once another glance at this section of the Medical Bay was taken, he proceeded to return over to his P.A.D.D., seeking to research what he would require to modify the replicator in order to make their plan work. He really wished that he could ask Lahr for a favor but... that could make him ask questions that endangered both him and Chloe. He just hoped that this theory here would be enough to allow him to put it into practice.

Some time passed until Chloe returned. He offered her a small smile, as he took a glance over at the items. After some thorough check, he offered her a sole nod.

"It will indeed do. Fortunately, for the two of us, this modification should be relatively easy, and within my area of expertise. Still, could you be so kind as to indicate to me what replicator should I modify?" Zhuk also took a look at the cameras, accessing them with his P.A.D.D. and preparing to either shut them off or make them move away from his general location while he worked his 'magic'.

Zhuk's Biography and Career Service: Caitian (Male). 5'3'' ft (160 cm). Main Character.
NPCs: Crewman Zala Ferengi (Female)

ShranLahr ch'Verret

NPC Lieutenant JG Chloe Davies, Head Nurse
[USS Challenger-A - Deck 7 - Sickbay] (Shortly after S5: E9)

The long and careful way he study the items she handed over had Chloe wondering if she'd brought the wrong stuff.  She was relieved when he said they were the right items and that the modification should be relatively easy for him.

When Zhuk asked for her to point out which replicator, Chloe nodded to the unit near the back of the room.  "That's the one all us nurses use."

She glanced about.   "Should I cause a distraction, or would that just draw attention more?"

Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Zhukdrashar Mrekrerhas

[Ensign Zhukdra'shar Mrekrerhas | Deck Seven | Sickbay | USS Challenger NCC-40117-A] (Shortly after S5:E9)

Zhuk almost immediately stepped from the medical bed, preparing to head over toward the replicator that she had indicated. He offered a smirk at her, nodding, though as he gave a few steps towards it, he stopped, getting close and lowering the volume of his voice to make sure no one listened.

"Hm... I was planning to turn off the cameras over at that section. But a distraction too would be welcomed. Please, if you could do so, I would appreciate it."

With this set in motion, Zhuk proceeded to point over to the machine once more, stating with a louder, audible voice to further befuddle anyone who could be watching, "This one was malfunctioning, yes? I will try to use my mechanical skills to fix it. Thank you, Head Nurse Davies. You have been most helpful to my condition."

Then, he got to it, popping open his tricorder, and analyzing the replicator, making sure that he got a good reading of where the main control panel was. Once it was located, Zhukdra'shar popped the cover open and made a pause to see what he required to change in the memory section. And, got right to it, seeking to adjust the date and time to a day before.

Zhuk's Biography and Career Service: Caitian (Male). 5'3'' ft (160 cm). Main Character.

ShranLahr ch'Verret

Chloe nodded when Zhuk indicated that a distraction at the nurses' desk would be helpful.

She thought it was rather creative of him to come up with a 'repair job' request as a reason for his being at the replicator if he should happen to be seen.

As for her distraction, Chloe moved over to the nurses' station and requested an updated inventory of all medical instruments - tricorders, regenerators etc - which were stored in the backroom.   Then she went to speak to the doctor on duty to go over next week's roster.  She positioned herself so the doctor would have to face away from the replicator, and so she could keep an eye on Zhuk's progress. 

Zhukdrashar Mrekrerhas

Zhukdra'shar, after a few tense minutes of working with the machine, finally added the finishing touches, popping the cover back on. He returned over to Head Nurse Davies, casually, glancing around as he reassured himself that no one had seen, waiting until she was done speaking to the doctor.

Once that was done, and she was once more available, he proceeded to offer a small smile over to her. A hint that the plan was in motion.

"I believe I have successfully managed to repair the device. Hopefully, it will properly dispense the items as they are requested. But, perhaps you would care to see if it works properly? I once more feel that my technical skills require some honing. So if you were to make sure that it functions as it should, Head Nurse Davies, you would do me a great favour."

He motioned towards the device, still holding the tools in his hands. He took a quick glance around once more, before offering her a quick, telling wink, so that she would know to request the 'special hair treatment' for Ruth.

ShranLahr ch'Verret

Chloe felt so nervous as she distracted the doctor.  She worried that somehow her intentions were readable to others who knew her.   But despite her fears, the doctor didn't comment on how unethical her actions were, instead the roster was finished up for next week.  By the time they were done, Zhuk was seemed to be awaiting her.

Before she could ask how it went he answered her question, playing up that she'd asked him to fix the replicator.

"Thank you very much Ensign... saves me a call to engineering and risking Lahr showing up."  Even when play acting she couldn't stop from snarking about the Andorian.

Chloe went over to the replicator, and typed in the additional ingredients to the prescription, and then replicated a bottle of Ruth's the 'dandruff shampoo.'  She checked the date on the bottle and it showed from a day or so prior when Sickbay was in the midst of the polywater virus.

She tucked the bottle into her pocket for later.

"Everything looks good." she commented even as  "Ooh wait, something is misaligned. Just one more tweak should do it... if you don't mind."

With that final 'tweak' Zhuk should be able to reinitialize the proper date on the replicator.  No one would be the wiser to the time difference and when Ruth next ordered her dandruff shampoo, the medical staff would find a computer note that the prescription was already replicated and waiting to be picked up.

"Thank you so much Ensign.  You don't know how much I appreciate all your help." She smiled to Caitian hoping it could express all the things she couldn't say.

"Your treatment is done for now.  You can return to your duties.  Your next application isn't for another 12 hours."

Chloe, of course, wouldn't be on shift then - not unless she offered to work a double shift. Or...

"It doesn't need to be done here, but there are spots you won't be able to reach on your own.  If you are reluctant to have others apply the treatment, I'd be willing to stop by your quarters say around 2200hrs and apply the salve myself outside of sickbay."

Zhukdrashar Mrekrerhas

Zhukdra'shar let out a chuckle at her mention of Lahr. Real sly maneuver, he thought. But now everything was set up for Chloe to do her part. "It is a pleasure to assist, Head Nurse Davies."

He stated, a small smile on his face that betrayed the grin that he truly wanted to express. For now, though, he proceeded to accompany her, seeing her introduce the details on the Replicator. He remained somewhat nervous as she did so, hoping that he had not made a mistake on his modifications. Else, he would have to do it again, and people could begin to suspect something was off. Though maybe there was a chance that they would believe that he really had no knack for engineering.

He seemed to be overthinking things, however, as Chloe soon confirmed that everything was correct... though she asked for some more modifications to be made. Even when she pocketed the bottle of shampoo. That was a subtle signal that sent a wave of relief through him.

"Ah, yes. My mistake. I shalt proceed to fix it at once."

Zhuk went back to it, opening the Replicator with care and cautiously looking over the components once again, as he fixed the date, and left everything as good as new. After he closed the panel, he took a look around to make sure all was neat, before turning over towards Chloe.

"Very well. It should all work properly now, I believe." He held the tools with one hand, while he placed the other on his hip, a sense of pride coming over him. Everything had been smooth, his partner in crime had been excellent, and he believed that there was no evidence to trace this back to them, even if he were not to tamper with the recordings.

"As always, it is a pleasure to assist anyone within the USS Challenger. I also appreciate your assistance with my... condition, Head Nurse Davies." He made sure to state, being as humble as he could be, resisting the urge to further discuss with her the plan concocted, and cheer alongside her. He remained professional, however.

"I shalt return to my duties in that case," He prepared to head off, however, he stopped as she overheard her offer about applying the treatment, "Ah- well," He couldn't help but slightly stammer, as he mused on the offer. It was certainly not unwelcome, and he would like to keep talking to her, but it was unexpected.

"Why, yes... I loathe to ask more of your time, Head Nurse Davies. But I do believe that in this situation, to have you apply the salve again would be a great boon to me. I shalt wait for you at 2200, in that case." Zhuk's tail swished fast behind as he spoke up, before coming to an abrupt end as he realized what he was doing, "You have truly made my stay within Sickbay a rather pleasant one, I must say."

ShranLahr ch'Verret

If anyone would have asked Chloe an hour ago whether she thought it possible that she would actually follow through on her desire for revenge against Sigurdsdottir for stealing Lahr, Chloe would have scowled knowing the answer would be 'not a chance'.   Yet here she was with the revenge within her grasp (or rather her pocket); and it was all thanks to Zhuk, the Caitian security officer.  He was unlike others she knew.  He seemed sensitve yet was a bit of a risk-taker.

She found his formality in speaking very refreshing - especially after Lahr who was so informal that he'd been rumored to have called the Commander 'babe' on more than one occasion while on the bridge or in the field.

Chloe still remembered the very last time he'd used that term with her... in his recorded message the day he left with Captain Siggurdsdottir for Trondheim.  The trip that had ended their relationship.

Chloe picked up on Zhuk's hesitation after she made her offer.  Maybe it was too personal a thing to suggest?  But then to her delight he agreed.

Chloe nodded in response. "2200hrs.  I'll be there... and you are quite welcome.  I'm glad that it's been pleasant... I know that's a rare thing for this place." Most who came here did not do so willingly or were in pain when they did arrive... and then after all the medical staff's hard work with treatments, most were eager to leave quickly and not return. Having Zhuk thank her and say it was pleasant made Chloe smile in appreciation.

Then realizing they were in eyesight of the Chief's office, Chloe donned a more professional demeanor.  "I should get back to work.  Be sure not to scratch at the patches when the fur begins to regrow." she advised, then gave a parting nod before turning back to the treatment alcove to sterilize the area.

Zhukdrashar Mrekrerhas

Zhuk was more than pleased with meeting Head Nurse Chloe Davies. And of course, her more than adequate and gentle treatment. She had tried to cater to his every worry, and for that, the Caitian now held her in rather high regard. It certainly helped that he now had someone that he could trust within Medbay, as deep down, he felt rather uncomfortable when getting medical attention. It made him feel vulnerable and exposed, something that he had surmised, came from his experiences as a slave to others, though he believed it had especially become significant after his time as a bodyguard to Xenclen, his Romulan master.

He had been led to believe that the Remans he came to know, and himself, were expendable. So, getting injured, such as when he was training, meant that there was a possibility of him getting the boot. And that did not precisely mean being fired...

There was also the fact that there was an Orion nurse working her rounds in Medbay. And he wanted nothing to do with her. In both instances, it was something he was still working on, yet this interaction with Head Nurse Davies had significantly shifted his opinion towards a more positive view of Sickbay. He just hoped to have her tend to him more often, which was somewhat unrealistic.

Oh well. One can only hope, yes?

He smiled over at her comment, and nodded back,"You have... a rather gentle touch, I must say. And a salubrious demeanor."

As his tail swished lightly behind him, he noted her change in disposition, and soon enough, realized that he should too return back to his own duties. His smile disappeared, and his tail ceased all movement, as he adopted his serious stance once more, "Of course. May you have a good day, Head Nurse Davies. Goodbye."

And, he walked back to the hallway.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.