Bird's Eye Physique (Gideon and Dr Xiiv)

Started by Gideon Drake, April 25, 2021, 10:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gideon Drake

[Ensign Gideon Drake | Main Medbay | Deck Twenty-Two | Katra Station]

Gideon was waiting for the CMO for his physical. He had to admit, this being all the way down, close enough to the bloody bowels.

It was usual for new officers to undergo a physical, especially when they had just transferred to a new post. Protocol, even. His own folks were especially used to it, the military family always expected them.

Of course, Gideon felt it was likely to be interesting to be examined by this Doctor Xiiv. He never met the doctor before. He was also interested in the name. Xiiv? XI-IV. Eleven-four. Interesting sounding name, two Roman Numerals meshed together.

Amarande Xiiv

[Main Medbay | Deck Twenty-Two | Katra Station]

It had been the sort of day that was winding down into a thankfully quiet evening. With the ongoing search and rescue, she had adopted a slightly harried look that came from lack of sleep and her general on-call status. But today, Amarande Xiiv was left to do a quick physical on Gideon Drake, the redheaded gentleman from Flight Control. A living, breathing, person was nice after the last few who were decidedly neither.

"Ensign Drake, I'm Doctor Amarande Xiiv, your acting Chief Medical Officer," she said, (Zeeve in pronunciation) pulling up his information on her padd for the second time today.

"You're here for just a routine physical, correct? Or is there something else troubling you." She moved around him taking scans as she went. The padd chirped obligingly, displaying results, as she came to rest on a stool, looking up at Gideon.

What we do now echoes in eternity. â€" Marcus Aurelius

Gideon Drake

Quote from: Amarande Xiiv on April 25, 2021, 11:03:27 AM

It had been the sort of day that was winding down into a thankfully quiet evening. With the ongoing search and rescue, she had adopted a slightly harried look that came from lack of sleep and her general on-call status. But today, Amarande Xiiv was left to do a quick physical on Gideon Drake, the redheaded gentleman from Flight Control. A living, breathing, person was nice after the last few who were decidedly neither.

"Ensign Drake, I'm Doctor Amarande Xiiv, your acting Chief Medical Officer," she said, (Zeeve in pronunciation) pulling up his information on her padd for the second time today.

"You're here for just a routine physical, correct? Or is there something else troubling you." She moved around him taking scans as she went. The padd chirped obligingly, displaying results, as she came to rest on a stool, looking up at Gideon.

Gideon took one look at Doctor Xiiv...Zeeve...? And suddenly he was smitten. Blimey, this woman was beautiful! And acting CMO? He'd be delighted to have her operate on him.

Then he noticed the gray streak in her hair. Odds were, she was bound to be a lot older than he was. Then, when he got a better look at her, he could see the spots. She was a Trill. Odds were, she lived loads of lives before. She could even have been a man at one point, too. Mostly since Trill Symbiotes retained memories of every host and lived a long time.

"Uh..yes, routine physical, Doctor," he said. "Usual stuff."

Amarande Xiiv

Quote from: Gideon Drake on April 25, 2021, 12:04:14 PM

Gideon took one look at Doctor Xiiv...Zeeve...? And suddenly he was smitten. Blimey, this woman was beautiful! And acting CMO? He'd be delighted to have her operate on him.

Then he noticed the gray streak in her hair. Odds were, she was bound to be a lot older than he was. Then, when he got a better look at her, he could see the spots. She was a Trill. Odds were, she lived loads of lives before. She could even have been a man at one point, too. Mostly since Trill Symbiotes retained memories of every host and lived a long time.

"Uh..yes, routine physical, Doctor," he said. "Usual stuff."

"Seems like everything is as it should be, Ensign," she said quietly, her blue eyes steady as she thumbed through the results, then took a few blood samples via the hypospray for the system. As far as she could see, nothing was out of the ordinary but the system was due for a physical update as part of transfers, so it stood to reason that was why he was here.

"Any questions for me?" she asked, a hint of amusement in her voice.

Gideon Drake

Quote from: Amarande Xiiv on April 26, 2021, 02:27:24 PM

"Seems like everything is as it should be, Ensign," she said quietly, her blue eyes steady as she thumbed through the results, then took a few blood samples via the hypospray for the system. As far as she could see, nothing was out of the ordinary but the system was due for a physical update as part of transfers, so it stood to reason that was why he was here.

"Any questions for me?" she asked, a hint of amusement in her voice.

Gideon looked up, still somewhat taken with Doctor Xiiv. That beautiful face...then he shook himself. He lost plenty of potential girlfriends because he was a bit of a flirt. Sometimes he got told off, big signal of a breakup in the making. He was resolving to tone that down a bit, especially since he found a new potential: Serena King, the most beautiful woman in the quadrant, in his opinion. He was determined to be the Gryphon for her, the noble creature he was nicknamed with at the Academy.

"Well...a few have crossed my mind," said Gideon. "It's...a little difficult on where to begin. After all, I never met you before..."

Amarande Xiiv

"Please, go ahead, Ensign. I don't bite. If they're personal questions, I'll do what I can to answer them."

She supposed that anyone would have questions since Trill's secrets had all been spilt long enough ago for it to still impact them all. Humans were nosy and liked to delve into things that might seem invasive to other cultures but she didn't mind.  She was curious herself at the nature of the questions, anyway, her hazel eyes attentive and fixed on Gideon, her hands clasped loosely together as she sat on the stool.

Gideon Drake

Quote from: Amarande Xiiv on April 26, 2021, 10:39:41 PM

"Please, go ahead, Ensign. I don't bite. If they're personal questions, I'll do what I can to answer them."

She supposed that anyone would have questions since Trill's secrets had all been spilt long enough ago for it to still impact them all. Humans were nosy and liked to delve into things that might seem invasive to other cultures but she didn't mind.  She was curious herself at the nature of the questions, anyway, her hazel eyes attentive and fixed on Gideon, her hands clasped loosely together as she sat on the stool.

At Doctor Xiiv's reply, and the way her eyes were fixed on his, Gideon replied, "Well, it's just...you look smashing, but the hair..."

He gestured at the gray hairs she had and added, "Well, how old are you? You look quite young to be acting CMO, what with the face and all."

Amarande Xiiv

Quote from: Gideon Drake on April 26, 2021, 10:51:09 PM

At Doctor Xiiv's reply, and the way her eyes were fixed on his, Gideon replied, "Well, it's just...you look smashing, but the hair..."

He gestured at the gray hairs she had and added, "Well, how old are you? You look quite young to be acting CMO, what with the face and all."

"The hair is a family trait," she said, unperturbed by the question or the fact that she apparently was quite good-looking, from his comment. Her hair had always been a subject for conversation give how she looked younger than her years in some ways. "I was born with it and each year it gets whiter. I don't mind it. Right now, I'm thirty-six and the seventh host of the Xiiv symbiont."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.