Help Needed for an Idea

Started by Lance Krol, February 22, 2013, 11:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

This has a lot of big words that I would usually take as an insult since I don't understand them. I have nothing to contribute here. If it's fun I'll do it...that's as cerebral as I get!

Lance Krol

Quote from: Rennan Protheus on February 22, 2013, 02:06:37 PM

I truly love this idea, kind of a god modding universe idea but you can only do it so much because of the points.

And would we get points as the story progresses

I dunno if points are too rigid for it, actually... Basically, the admins decide how much NPCs will give you and people decide individually how much they give you. You can take these resources and make your way in the world. The only limit is how much of any material it takes to make something i.e. you need one kilogram of metal x to make a particular weapon, for example. It'll operate like real life but in the future, and it's roleplaying so you can't die.

Quote from: Luke Stafford on February 22, 2013, 02:06:59 PM

This has a lot of big words that I would usually take as an insult since I don't understand them. I have nothing to contribute here. If it's fun I'll do it...that's as cerebral as I get!

Thankee-sai for the sentiment! If you have an idea don't hesitate to suggest one!

We also need artists to do original artwork we can use. But that'll come after we actually have a universe to inhabit. I figure we'll start out on one colony world and its surrounding two moons and add to it. Of course, you're free to travel beyond that but the main static roleplay will be on this colony. There'll also be a forum for 'no fixed location' for travellers and people who can't qualify a location for a fixed forum to roleplay in. The colony itself will be basically like present-day earth in terms of population density to allow for maximum roleplay variety on the one planet.

Rennan Protheus

So instead of points we buy raw materials with credits or whatever and then use them to make things?

Species: Betazoid       Age:33
If itââ,¬â,,¢s bold italics then itââ,¬â,,¢s telepathic!

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Rennan Protheus on February 22, 2013, 02:14:54 PM

So instead of points we buy raw materials with credits or whatever and then use them to make things?

You get a bilge pump

I put in a gazelle carcass...

...oh wait, wrong topic  :P

Lance Krol

Quote from: Rennan Protheus on February 22, 2013, 02:14:54 PM

Credits, dollars, real, xorbos, whatever the currency of the nation you're in is.

Malcolm Adeyemi

All right, I'll stop making fun. It's clearer to me now and I like the idea. As long as there's a cap on things it should be very fun.

What kind of rates of pay are we talking about here, or will that vary across profession, level, etc?

Lance Krol

Quote from: Luke Stafford on February 22, 2013, 02:20:26 PM

All right, I'll stop making fun. It's clearer to me now and I like the idea. As long as there's a cap on things it should be very fun.

What kind of rates of pay are we talking about here, or will that vary across profession, level, etc?

It'll vary across profession, pay grade, in fact it'll vary from player to player and you'll be paid in whatever currency your employer deals in. if he's a player, your pay is dependant on him and he's responsible for your benefits too.

Rennan Protheus

Quote from: Lance Krol on February 22, 2013, 02:22:48 PM

It'll vary across profession, pay grade, in fact it'll vary from player to player and you'll be paid in whatever currency your employer deals in. if he's a player, your pay is dependant on him and he's responsible for your benefits too.

This is a great idea when we going to put it into action

Lance Krol

Quote from: Rennan Protheus on February 22, 2013, 02:25:20 PM

This is a great idea when we going to put it into action

Well, for a start I need everyone to start populating this universe with ideas; space stations, buildings, cities, people, THINGS. Anything. A corporation that bottles baby oil and a government branch that regulates the sale of cheese. Stuff like that. Gimme ideas. GO.

Also, I'd ask that any and all ideas be original at least in name and that you name anything you put up, like a race or weapon. You don't have to name planets.

And I need INTEREST. Before we start up an entire forum we need people to play on it.

Rennan Protheus

So we could say that humans are a client race for another hierarchy?

Lance Krol

Quote from: Rennan Protheus on February 22, 2013, 02:33:59 PM

So we could say that humans are a client race for another hierarchy?

Yep. My original idea is that they're extinct, but we could do anything. Shall we say they're endangered?

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Lance Krol on February 22, 2013, 02:39:01 PM

Yep. My original idea is that they're extinct, but we could do anything. Shall we say they're endangered?

So we've evolved to the point where we can create anything?

Rennan Protheus

Quote from: Lance Krol on February 22, 2013, 02:39:01 PM

Yup and then go on to say that whats left of the human race is a client race for a group known as the talon hierarchy.

Lance Krol

Quote from: Luke Stafford on February 22, 2013, 02:42:57 PM

So we've evolved to the point where we can create anything?

We're not in a post-scarcity society, no, but in terms of gameplay the edge of space is the limit. Suggest an idea! If the community likes it and it seems plausible, it's canon.

Quote from: Rennan Protheus on February 22, 2013, 02:43:41 PM

Yup and then go on to say that whats left of the human race is a client race for a group known as the talon hierarchy.

And the Talon Hierarchy are aliens?
EDIT: Going away for a bit, tell your friends about this idea, send them to this thread, start building a universe! GO GO GO!

Rennan Protheus

Quote from: Lance Krol on February 22, 2013, 02:44:19 PM

And the Talon Hierarchy are aliens?

EDIT: Going away for a bit, tell your friends about this idea, send them to this thread, start building a universe! GO GO GO!

Yup and we lost earth to a failed synthetic experiment, it grew concious and took earth and humans have been living on worlds belonging to the Talon hierarchy scince trying to take back earth.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.