Farewell and Adieu

Started by Dylan Torngate, May 05, 2019, 11:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Torngate

Hello everyone,

Over the past four years or so, I have been proud and amazed to be a member of this community that we have fostered here. I've loved my time as a player here, and have enjoyed being both a CLO here and the site's go-to tech staff for any issues that have arisen, from the full site wipe to some of the more minor day-to-day crises.

However, as they say, all good things must come to an end. With the rise of my own entering college,  new taxes that have arisen on my free time, new projects and work that I have entered into, and finally my growing burnout from month after month of running my SIMM have culminated in a situation I just don't think I can recover from. Over the past few months, I have been distancing myself from my character and my duties of the site, and finally, it's time for me to say goodbye.

I feel that the time is right to step down from my Administration position and hand off the duties of the site to the next generation of leaders to allow the site to grow and expand to the heights that I know it can reach. I will, of course, always be around for people to talk to, and my Discord is always open if anyone needs to talk. By the grace of the Admins, I have volunteered my services as site tech - so if something breaks I will be able to fix this.

From my time as a wide-eyed Ensign on the Athena, working my way up to the CO and later Admiral of the Challenger, I have loved every moment of my time here with you and would not trade it for the world. I wish each and every one of you the best of luck, fair winds, and following seas.

Sincerely,

David (Dylan)

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Solluk

They say you can't go home again.

But that's a fracking lie.

When things change, and when you're ready, we'll be here.

There will be a chair for you by the fire.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Judith Eastman

By God, am I going to miss you. In addition to being immensely helpful, you were also so much fun!

Goodbye, and thank you for both everything you've done and what you've agreed to continue doing.

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Rayek trLhoell

I'm glad to have had the honor of serving under Dylan.

"O Captain, my Captain!"

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Jada

Goodbye and good fortune to you.

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Arrun Dihsar

Best of luck, good travels, and may your services to the Fleet never be forgot. :D

Katheryn Brighton

As sad as I am to see you go, I will never forget your friendship and advice. Good luck with everything and I don't see this as goodbye but farewell for now.

Also I'm really happy that you're staying around on discord and as our technical guru :-)

Academy Commandant

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

So long but I'll use another French parting 'Au revoir'... literally 'to see again'.

My friend always David, I'll look after the Challenger for you, your spirit is still with her.

May the four winds blow you back to us some day.

Much love and hugs,

Peace... Pol (Ruth/Hrafn/Lawrie) x

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Stryker

Farewell, David.

When I first jumped into this site, you were so helpful, kind and worked really hard to ensure that I felt immediately a part of the community. You were fantastic at resolving any issues and your presence will be sorely missed.

I wishe you the best experience as you enter into college!

Take care man!

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Felicity Ellis

Shadow Fleet was lucky to have you for as long as it did. You always went above and beyond.

SO SAY WE ALL!

;P

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Malik Grippen

All the best in whatever you choose to do, thank you for all your work and dedication.

Species: Risian | Age: 29 | Profile | Personal Log | Character Images

Klizh

Sorry to see you go, man. But may the winds be ever in your favor.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

William Waring

I have never been good at goodbyes, especially those to good friends. I realize I will still see you around campus but that doesn't lessen our loss for the site.

To tweak a Cave Johnson quote slightly "As long as you keep yourself in top form, there'll always be a limo waiting for you"

Hope you see you In-Character again one day.
LLAP

RESERVED

Felicity Ellis

I would just like to add that I've had 'Spanish Ladies' stuck in my head for two days now. What a parting gift. Thanks pal. XD

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Auzual Knox

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.