Forward and Onward - Please Respond

Started by James Carter, April 15, 2020, 03:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Carter

Greetings ShadowFleet!

It is no secret that there have been quite a few concerns shared about things that have happened both on the site and via discord. We want to make the unequivocal statement that Shadowfleet is an inclusive environment. While we know we are not perfect we expect everyone to feel welcome and safe here at SF. After all, this is a game and our paramount belief is that it should be fun for everyone that chooses to play here. And we are hopeful that many of you will choose to continue with a renewed focus on the player experience.

In response to recent events we have made the bold decision to restructure parts of the site and the way our command structure operates. There were mistakes made and as a site we have to own those, learn and grow. We will push forward with significant change to our structure. These changes are specifically designed to put the game back at the forefront of the site and make players the primary focus. Going forward we will separate site administration from the game itself. There will be 2-3 Admins that solely oversee administrative functions, site maintenance. These leaders will also be responsible for assigning players, managing and enforcing site rules, conflict resolution and selecting command level officers. To keep with the spirit and history of SF these Admins will also be required to manage a minimum of 1 alt character which CANNOT be a CLO. This character may be a department head but will report to their CO with any in game concerns.

I would also like to take this moment to announce that Julia Rellek will be returning to the site to fill that above mentioned Admin role. Julia first joined SF in 2012 and previously served on the site as an administrator, CO, XO and department head. Along with that experience Julia has been an administrator on other successful RPG's. Julia is one of the most over-qualified people at SF's disposal and I can honestly think of no one better to have at the helm here. Please join me in welcoming Julia back to the site.

With changes to the Admin role we will also be making some minor changes to the CO role. CO's will serve as the primary game masters for SF and will not hold much of the current administrative responsibilities that they now have. We have decided that the most important thing for the CO to focus on is the players in their care. However, they will maintain heavy influence in the direction of the site and all of the responsibilities of running their SIMM. We WILL maintain an active "CLO" group and chat that includes the CO's and XO's to ensure that all feedback is included in any decision making process.

So at this point you're probably asking; where do we go from here?

The first thing we need to do is ascertain exactly how many active characters we have so we can build the appropriate rosters. By 2200 EST on Thursday 04/16/2020 we need everyone to reply to this with all characters that they intend to keep active. Every prime can be accompanied by up to 2 alts for a maximum of three characters per player. It would also be helpful if you list your current rank and department when you post. For example;

Lieutenant Suzy Smith - Medical
Ensign John Smith - Sec/Tact

This format will make it easier for us to build roster. If you have any questions please contact an Admin. We also understand that this is a tight turnaround request so if you miss the deadline please send a message to either Admin and we'll see to it that your characters are included.

As we make adjustments to the rosters based on the new current crew count we will have to make some adjustments to rank and positions. We are asking you to take a big leap with us and make the shift from a focus on rank to a focus on the game. Promotions can and will still occur but as we restructure there simply won't be enough high ranking positions to go around. Our ultimate goal is to get this info in 24 hours, have new rosters posted and the site opened up by sometime Friday. Thank you for a quick turn around.

These are trying times for SF but we have been through worse and we will get through this as well. Thank you for your continued focus and dedication. We would also like to thank you for having an open heart and an open mind as we move the site forward to some new ways of thinking.

Thank you,
James Carter

Julia Rellek

Hello SF!

It is fantastic to be back here with y'all. I'm looking forward to getting back in touch with everyone. I will use Julia as the Admin account. My playable character will be;

Ensign Leela Kaz - Science

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Solluk

Hello,

My characters are

Mondo'li Nari - Enlisted Security Petty Officer 2nd Class
Solluk - Command

Cheers.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Tess tLhoell

Welcome Julia.

My character is:

Lt. Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell - Medical, DH, 2O
Katra Station

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Beja

Hello,

My character is Beja - Counselor

Amarande Xiiv

This is Kitty with:
Ensign Amarande Xiiv - Medical

What we do now echoes in eternity. â€" Marcus Aurelius

John Saxon

Lt John Saxon - Strategic Operations/Chief Tactical Officer.

Catherine Goodspeed

Hello

Lt JG Catherine Goodspeed  - Engineering

Never turn your back on a species with tusks, teeth or claws sharper than your own wit.

Charles Stratton

Charles Stratton - Enlisted Crewman - Operations - Starbase Columbus

Michael Deus

Ensign Michael Deus - Sec/Tac

"Great men are forged in fire. It's the privilege of lesser men to light the flame."

Jada

Welcome back, Julia!

I play:
* Senior Chief Petty Officer Jada, Security/Tactical, Katra Station
* Lieutenant (j.g.) Alice, Operations [reserved]

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Welcome back Julia!

My chars are:

Capt. Ruth Sigurdsdottir - CO, Challenger
Lt. Hrafn Falleg - CSO, Katra Station
Cadet (4th Year) Lucy Belle (known as Luby) Wentock - Medical Technician, SBC/Shran merge

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Nira Said

Pleased to make your acquaintance, Julia.

My characters are:

Lieutenant JG Nira Said - Sec/Tac, Discovery
Ensign Gid Sherem - Engineering, Athena

First Officer, Outpost Solaere
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Tekin Nevir

I will continue to be present for now.

Captain Tekin Nevir - Commanding Officer, USS Discovery

L'mar Camili Rhade

My character is:

L'mar Camili Rhade - Engineering, Katra

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.