Third Simm - Station Option poll

Started by Rayek trLhoell, August 11, 2023, 02:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayek trLhoell

Katra Station details -  Small Frontier station formerly  :'(  orbiting Meridian in the Gamma Quadrant

Starbase Columbus details - Large starbase located near Ferenginar in the Alpha Quadrant

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Sydney Reid

Depending on how deep into the territory controlled by the Romulan Free State you'd want this station to be, there are two good options I see, for different purposes.

Achernar Prime - Achernar System: Deep in the RFS territory, the station or base (if on the planet's surface) would be wholly controlled by the Romulans but could have Starfleet diplomatic offices.

Rator III - Rator System: Located at the edge of the RFS territory, this system has a history of changing hands between the UFOP/Starfleet and the Romulans. A small, Starfleet-controlled station set here, serving to support the RFS, would make sense.

Both planets were described in literature (novels so sourced from Memory Beta) as potential new Capital Planets of the new Romulan Republic, in our case, the Romulan Free State. Abraxas V was another planet discussed as a potential option, but there's basically no data on it besides the mention. All three were described as "Colony Worlds" prior to and after the destruction of Romulus.

Of the three, Rator has the most "canon" info, and looks like the best of my offered suggestions for a Starfleet-controlled (or RFS shared controlled like DS9 with Bajor) station, in my opinion.

ADD: According to an IG comment made by the PIC S1 Showrunner, "Vvalti" was the name of the Capital Planet of the Romulan Free State, but there is zero info on it besides that specifc IG mention. The name comes from a settlement formerly on Romulus that I assume was then given to the selected planet.

Rayek trLhoell

Thank you for your suggestions.   The Admin and CLO's will look at various options.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.