Third Simm

Started by Rayek trLhoell, August 04, 2023, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayek trLhoell

Given our current increasing numbers of active crew, we are getting to the point where the admin are thinking about the potential for a third sim.

However, we would like the players input on this topic.  What manner of sim do you feel would be best for Shadow Fleet's next sim - a ship or a base of some manner?  Please vote and share your thoughts.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Kyan Mackenzie

Since we have 2 ships already, my vote is for a starbase/station sim. Planetary base, space station...alien space station. Lots of possibilities!

Sydney Reid

I voted for Starbase since it only seems right we stay the course and create our own non-Holodeck "Deep Space 9"-Type.  If we wanted to, STO* could provide some inspiration:

1. Similar to the mechanism used to reach the Gamma Quadrant, we could find a permanent Transwarp Tunnel between the Alpha and Delta Quadrants. Having a new Starbase in the Delta Quadrant to protect this conduit on that side could allow us to deal with the threats and species there. PIC S2 [spoiler]Picard Season 2 sets up the regrowth of a "nicer" Borg Collective growing there to replace the one decimated in Voyager effectively.[/spoiler]

2. With the way Romulus has played out, and we won't have a combined N'Var until several centuries into the future (post-Burn), we could do our own "New Romulus" to reignite some tensions with the Klingons. Starfleet could commission a New Starbase there to provide logistical and diplomatic support to the regrowing society. PIC S1 [spoiler]While there is Vashti, the combined Human/Romulan colony planet, I do imagine that the revelations that come out of Picard Season 1 will spike tensions between the two species, resulting in the Post-Zhat Vash Romulans wanting to find a different home. This could be the result of Starfleet or another faction finding a suitable small Planet or Moon that would better serve the Romulans, and be a way to continue the fragile peace between the Romulan Free State and UFOP.[/spoiler]

Personally, I prefer the 'New Romulus' idea more since there seems to be a decent number of Players interested in Romulan Characters. It would also allow us to have a more logical way to reflect/restore the majority of Romulan Culture and Institutions that were present before the destruction of Romulus presented in Picard Season 1.

*While Initial Voting is already trending the other way, if there ends up being the desire for a new ship, I would like to suggest a Class that was pulled from STO into Canon in Picard S3 [spoiler] The Odyssey-Class was introduced into STO in 2012, but was brought into Canon during this season, with (I believe) 12 of these models being present at the 2401 Frontier Day Incident, which I don't believe we've dealt with, yet.[/spoiler]

Alt Rules Note: If a Third Simm is opened up, I would like to petition to have the 3rd Alt Character Rules modified to reduce the required Active Participation Fleet Time from 1 Year to 6 Months, and the Post Count Requirement changed to something fitting that would combine the Post Counts of BOTH Original(First) and Alt(Second) Characters. At the moment, it requires there to be more emphasis on solely the Alt(Second) Character Post Count, as opposed to keeping Both Characters actively posting.

Kyan Mackenzie

Quote from: Sydney Reid on August 04, 2023, 06:56:00 AM

2. With the way Romulus has played out, and we won't have a combined N'Var until several centuries into the future (post-Burn), we could do our own "New Romulus" to reignite some tensions with the Klingons. Starfleet could commission a New Starbase there to provide logistical and diplomatic support to the regrowing society.

I like this one! It would be alot of fun to take over a Romulan space station, or even a Klingon made one as a sort of buffer between the new Romulan world and the Klingons. Or even a ground based facility. Lots of potential there.

Lorut Vila

Crap!! I meant to click Starbase. Oh, well. I think a DS9 kinda thing would be cool. Maybe don't let Vila near it, though  :

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

We have 2 ships... I may even bring Hrafn and her mob back if we had a base. :)

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Neva Cordon

I think at least a small base would be good. Nothing huge.

Female Human/Betazoid
"The first thing you must do is to acknowledge that the fear is yours, and you can bid it come and go at will." Father Master, Darkover MZB

J.B Dersch

Quote from: Lorut Vila on August 04, 2023, 10:37:20 PM

Crap!! I meant to click Starbase. Oh, well. I think a DS9 kinda thing would be cool. Maybe don't let Vila near it, though  :

(Whistling as saying this) OH What Could Go Wrong

"Nothing Is Unknown If It has not Been Discovered" Lt. JG JB Dersch
| Human Male | Age:28 | 1.82m | Deputy Chief Sec/Tac Officer | Outpost Solaere |

Rayek trLhoell

Thank you all for your input.   We now have a clear interest in a station/starbase simm.  I'll be posting a new poll shortly to further clarify the direction of the potential third simm. 

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.