I See, I See (Judy/Stryker)

Started by Judith Eastman, December 31, 2018, 07:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stryker

[Sven's Quarters]

He sat in his chair, wearing his engineering gold uniform. It looked as if it were about to burst at the seams, holding in all that muscle and the collar looked tight about his thick neck.

He sighed, "Computer, patch me through to Dr. Judith Eastman, Starbase Columbia"

The computer did its job, and and her bispecicaled face popped up on the small view screen.

"Doctor." his face was sour.

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

Judy peered at the screen over the rims of her reading glasses. She could tell that Sven didn't want to be talking with her.

"Sven," she greeted. "How was your week?"
This time, they weren't going to talk about her that much.

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Stryker

[Sven's Quarters]

"Lets get the obvious out of the way. I don't appreciate you going to my XO and revoking my gym privelages. That's a low dirty tactic."

Although Sven had no idea if it was Just, he had just assumed it was.

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"I'd never do anything of the sort!" Judy exclaimed.
"My new intern, on the other hand... he's very discreet," she thought but didn't say.

"Actually, there's someone I'd like you to meet," she added. "Humphrey!"

A young man walked in and wheeled a smaller chair around to Judy's side.
"Cadet Steven Humphrey, at your service, sir," the young man introduced himself.
"Humphrey's my new intern. He'll be sitting in, to learn the trade."

Stryker

[Sven's Quarters]

The vein in his head was prominant and throbbing. He was pissed.

"Then who did?" he demanded.

He gave a cold stare at the cadet. "I don't want him on our sessions." not realizing that the offending party might be just him.

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"Sven, you can't accuse me of things, then tell me how to run my office," Judy admonished, her voice silent but betraying a tightly-controlled, simmering anger. "This isn't acceptable behavior."

Steven instinctively backed away, fearful of both the loudly angry man on the screen and the silently deadly woman that was his boss, but Judy put her hand on his armrest.
"Humphrey, stay," she ordered.
"Yes, Commander."

Stryker

[Sven's quarters]

The large man sat back, folding his arms, the sleeves bulging to burst. His face was cold fury.

"Fine."

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"I'll take notes," Steven offered.
"If you think that's the best use of your efforts," Judy accepted, as she turned to Sven. She leaned back in her chair, assuming an open, relaxed posture, and prepared for the grilling.

"So, what's this about your gym privileges being revoked?" she asked.

Stryker

[Sven's Quarters]

His face was a stone of cold fury,

"My privileges were revoked because, according to the XO, I haven't made any progress with therapy." he said in low angry growl.

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"Haven't made progress," Steven muttered as he took notes. "You did spend the last session asking the Commander about her wedding, didn't you?"

"You'll have to forgive Humphrey's grilling. His parents are both lawyers," Judy explained. "Anyway, how does not being able to lift make you feel?"

Stryker

[Sven's quarters]

He gave Steven a dark look.

"How do you know, and why do you care how I spend my time in these sessions? I was being friendly and interested in my counselor."

His eyes went to Judy.

"It pisses me off." he said in response to her question about his lack of lifting.

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

Judy held up a finger to Steven, instructing the intern to let it slide.

"I'd imagine it does," Judy answered. "I know I'd be upset if someone were to take away my kitchen."

Now, she glanced towards Steven, to see whether he had any ideas.
"So how have you used your free time instead?" the intern asked, sounding rather unsure of himself. Judy then snuck him a little thumbs-up, which drew a smile as he realized that he was fine.

Stryker

[Sven's office]

He gave Steven another dirty look,

"Doctor? What is your definition of 'sitting in' because in my trade, sitting in is being quiet,watching, and taking notes. Is he a licensed practitioner? I'm not answering his questions. Just yours.

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"I believe in learning by doing," Judy answered. "That's the whole point of an internship, as opposed to more courses."
There was no instructing this former professor on instruction. She'd developed her educational philosophy, and she wasn't easily moved to give it up.

"Answer his questions as if they were my own," she ordered. "If he asks any question that isn't acceptable, I'll intervene."

Steven just sat there, looking sometimes at his boots, and sometimes at Judy's pedicured toes. Why didn't the woman wear shoes in her office?

Stryker

[Sven's quarters]

The man was actually grinding his teeth.

With a sudden outburst, he punched the screen, shattering it. The image faded away ending the session.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.