I See, I See (Judy/Stryker)

Started by Judith Eastman, December 31, 2018, 07:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office -a day later]

Apparently Sven's misbehavior had landed him in the brig, where he couldn't escape the call. It fell to Judy to evaluate whether he was fit to be allowed back on duty.

She dialed, glasses resting on her nose, and saw Sven's image appear in his cell. He didn't have any way to escape.

"Good morning, Sven," she said.

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

Sven's continence had changed. He sat with his shorn head in his hands.

"Judy."

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"How did we end up here?" Judy asked, launching her line of questioning for the day.

She straightened her note-taking implements, seeming to imply that Humphrey wasn't there.

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

"I lost my temper."
He said into his hands.

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"That's what we call a mathematician's answer. It's technically true, but it tells us nothing of use."

Judy jotted a note, then turned back to Sven.
"Why did you lose your temper? Walk me through it, from your perspective."

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

"I was angry, Judy. Pissed that you conspired to revoke my privelages, and then brought in that sleezy assistant with you. I don't care if he's learning the ropes. I don't want to disclose personal information with you, let alone some added intern. I felt powerless and out of control."

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

Judy wasn't going to comment on the gym matter anymore. That argument was petty and not worth her degrees.

"In the future, Sven, when you feel that way, tell me. If you don't, we can't work to make it better."

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

Okay.

He paused, "Now what."

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"Now, darling, we talk," Judy replied with a faint smile.
She glanced down and to the side, where (off-screen) sat both an intern and 5 of the corgi puppies. Then, she returned to Sven.
"Have you given any thought to how you can keep these outbursts from happening again?" she asked.

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

He shrugged, "Obviously what I've been doing, doesn't work. Besides you're the one with the degree, isn't it your job to help me?"

For the first time, he admitted, even if it was subconsciously, that he needed help.

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"You have to want help to get it, otherwise nothing I try will work," Judy explained. "So far, you've avoided my help, so I'm not really feeling like you want it. It feels more like you're doing just enough to stay in Starfleet."
Judy had a feeling this was going to hit hard. He could punch the screen again, in which case he'd stay in the brig another night, or he could show some character.

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

It did strike hard, and it was true. Sven was putting in the minimal effort to appease Starfleet, and even then somewhere someone called him out on it, and that ended in a series of events that landed him in the brig.

"You're right. I've been avoiding it. I'm scared of what this might bring up, or out."

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office - SBC]

Judy maintained her neutral face, but she knew she was going somewhere. She was making him say aloud things he'd already thought. He was going to hate this session, but it had to happen if they were to get anywhere at all.

"And have you been doing anything in its stead?" she asked.

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

He looked confused, "I don't understand? What do you mean by 'doing anything in its stead?"

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"If you're not getting my help with your issues, what are you doing?"

Judy asked the question with her usual cool, not letting herself get frustrated with his questions or gleeful at the coming kill. She was the image of compassion, at least outwardly, as she always was.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.