I See, I See (Judy/Stryker)

Started by Judith Eastman, December 31, 2018, 07:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

Sven composed himself,

"He-He was the only person that I could really talk to. The only one that understood me. And now there is no one."

He felt stupid and childish, and angry.

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

Judy nodded in understanding, the streaks of grey and white in her hair feeding into the appearance of a sympathetic auntie/granny figure.

"I see, I see," she replied. "I understand."

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

He felt insulted for a moment, then realized that she too had lost someone close to her.

"Was the person you were close to the only person that understood you?"

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"I've lost a great many people, some of whom were close to me," Judy replied. "My grandfather, on my mother's side, is the one who taught me how to bake cookies."

She hadn't technically answered the question, but talking about her beloved mother was probably not gonna be conducive. The woman was Judy's mentor, friend, confidante, companion, and most significantly alive and well despite the stent in her left knee.

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

Sven took a moment to compose himself.

"He was the only person I felt that truly understood me. I wish he was alive after the incident. I couldn't really talk to anyone about it. Not fully anyway."

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"I see," Judy reiterated, nodding again. "That's rough, and finding someone new to have that sort of connection with isn't easy."

Judy sighed. As a therapist, this was a vacuum she should theoretically be able to fill. However, the fact of her relationship with Sven wasn't half that simple.

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

Sven shook his head. It was obvious that he hadn't found a substitute to confide in to.

"You're right. I haven't found anyone else."

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

Judy had to make Sven ask for help somehow. He needed it - she knew that, and he seemed to know as well - but he had yet to admit it, and that was a critical step.

"I could help you, if you trust me to," she offered. "But only if you feel a need."

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

He had finally gotten to that point. He couldn't keep living his life avoiding everyone, and in fear. Something had to change. He had to change.

"I need help, Judy."

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

Judy nodded silently at that statement, not saying a word yet. Perhaps, at last, they were ready to begin.

"You also have to want my help. I can only help if you want me to."

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

"I want your help."
There, he said it. He admitted it. He wanted help and was ready to turn a new leaf over

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"Very well, then. Let's begin," Judy said. She adjusted her glasses, and then had a change of heart.
"Actually, maybe we'd better begin a little later. I'll have them release you, and we'll have a call in...
3 days?"

Judy made a written note to suggest to his XO that gym privileges be restored as well.

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

"What do I do in the mean time?"

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"In the meantime? You work, you take it easy," Judy suggested, not too helpful.

Then, she took her glasses off, and pensively brushed them against her cheek, as she often did when contemplating something or other.

"And I'll see what I can do about those gym privileges while I'm at it. We might be able to work something out there."

Stryker

[Brig, USS Athena]

Sven looked up and into the screen, "I would appreciate that."he said.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.