I See, I See (Judy/Stryker)

Started by Judith Eastman, December 31, 2018, 07:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Office]

"No promises, but I'll see what I can do," Judy replied.

"Now, buh-bye, Sven."

The call ended, and Judy went to review her notes, hoping that this breakthrough was real.

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Stryker

[Sven's quarters, USS Athena]

It had been 3 days since their last meeting, and in that time Sven had been released from the brig, and extreamly grateful that Judy had restored his gym privileges. It was his true love, and most people couldn't understand that.

He sat at a desk and reached over to turn on his monitor.

"Computer, open a subspace link to doctor Judy Eastman, Starbase Columbia."

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Judith Eastman

[Study, Judy's Quarters]

Today was Judy's day off. It was also Shabbat, which naturally factored in. She wasn't normally one of those Jews who wouldn't push the button on the turbolift on Shabbat, but now she was the kind to make her gentile fiancé do it for her.
Voice-activation, on the other hand, was okay, as was buttoning the pink button-up she was wearing under a dark cardigan.

=/\="Computer, answer call" =/\= she ordered, taking the only work-related call she had encroaching on her day of rest.

"Morning, Sven," she said. "Happy Saturday."

Stryker

[Sven's quarters]

Sven frowned. He was sure that this was the appointment time. Knowing his luck, he got it worng.

I'm sorry, I thought we had an appointment at this time. Am I mistaken?" he asked.

Judith Eastman

[Study, Judy's Quarters]

"Yes, we do," Judy confirmed. "My only appointment this weekend."

Judy reclined in her chair, moving a little closer to the guitars and bass guitars behind her. There were at least a dozen, some acoustic and other electric.

"So, how have you been?"

Stryker

[Sven's quarters]

The large man shook his head. The last three days have been rough. Admitting that he needed help, but with no practical tools to cope left him with a feeling of being stranded and out of control.

"I've been better. he admitted, "I haven't broken any consoles or noses but, I feel tense and angry, all the time."

Judith Eastman

[Study, Judy's Quarters]

"Have you tried any of the techniques we talked about during our first meeting, like the breathing exercises or the guitar?" Judy asked.

Instinctively, she glanced back at her own guitars. The resonator, with its large steel body, naturally grabbed attention, but the aging shrink was quick to refocus herself on Sven.

Stryker

[Sven's Quarters]

He nodded.

"I have, and it helps somewhat. But I feel angry at the smallest provocation. And it didn't use to be like that." he admitted.

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Quarters]

Judy sighed.

"Anger is a complicated emotion. It's very much defined by how much we dwell on the things that make us angry," Judy explained. "The best way to deal with anger in the short term is to distract yourself with other thoughts."

She adjusted, punctuating the fact that her hair was wavier than its natural state today (the result of hair rollers, of course), and then continued.
"That leads to the question, what has been on your mind lately?"

Stryker

[Sven's Quarters]

Sven fidgeted with his fingers.

"Hurting someone."

He didn't want to admit this, and knew that this might end his career, but if he was ever going to be delivered from this torment, he was going to have to talk.

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Quarters]

"Oy vey."

Judy sounded concerned, and she was. Concerned for whoever this poor person was. Concerned for Sven, with his anger issues. Concerned over the efficacy of her techniques.

"Hurting who?" she asked.

Stryker

[Sven's Quarters]

He continued to look down at his hands.

"Petty Officer McDonald." Sven said with a sigh.

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Quarters]

Judy sighed. The extent of Sven's social maladjustment kept being revealed all the time, to an almost frustrating level.

"I'm guessing PO McDonald is a colleague?" She asked rhetorically. "What led to this level of anger?"

Stryker

[Sven's Quarters]

He looked up at the screen.

"He's incompetent, and worthless. He's lazy. I work hard, doing everything I can to promote my career, and he undermines it because he lacks ambition and integrity."

Judith Eastman

[Judy's Quarters]

Judy sighed again. This was a classic situation.

"That's pretty rough," she said. "It's also common. You will never truly be free of ineffective colleagues."

She adjusted a little in her chair.
"Have you tried working with other people instead?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.