I See, I See (Judy/Stryker)

Started by Judith Eastman, December 31, 2018, 07:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"Oh, you misunderstand, and on two counts. First of all, as a commissioned officer, you still have considerable authority over NCOs. Secondly, I never meant to suggest that you're analogous to me in this situation. Unless half the engineerng department calls you 'Auntie', that is."
Judy found that thought amusing, at the very least.

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Stryker

He shook his head. "No, most everyone ignores me, or leaves me alone." he said.

"In one way, I prefer it. In another, I wish I could just walk up to someone and have a conversation."

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

Judy shook her head. Sven didn't seem to get it.
"No, Sven. They don't ignore you; they avoid you. If you try to be more gentlemanly, and therefore more pleasant, that will change before too long."

If they were to keep going in circles, this wasn't going to work out.

Stryker

Sven's quarters

"Okay, so it looks like I have some homework then. Practice smiling and being a gentleman. Should I keep a diary or something to record and keep track of any, if there is any, progress?"

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

Judy smiled. This was much, much, much better. Finally, they were moving forwards instead of backwards.

"If you think it'll help encourage you to keep going, then yes, go right ahead. I don't need you to keep a journal for this."

Dreams about the beating were something she'd need him to record eventually, but she knew not to bite off more than she could chew.

Stryker

Sven's quarters

The large man gave Judy a thumbs up.

"I think that is about it for our hour. I'll work on smiling and being friendly and a gentleman. I hope this all works." he said.

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"I hope so too," Judy answered with a smile. "Give me another call next week, and we'll follow up. Buh-bye"

With that, she hung up. There were more patients to see, forms to fill, and inspections to make around sickbay. Never a dull moment.

Stryker

Sven's quarters

A week had gone by, and the bodybuilding engineer was enjoying some down time. His appointment with Judy was about to start. He tapped the screen and ordered the computer to patch him through on subspace.

As the screen materialized he sat back. This time he went shirtless, and wore a simple pair of red board shorts.

"Hi Judy." he opened with working on being friendly. "Calling in for my weekly appointment."

Judith Eastman

[Lt. Cmdr. Judith Eastman-Williams, PhD, PsyD, MBA, MS - CMO's Office, SBC - a week later]

Judy averted her eyes from Sven's bare chest, focusing on his forehead.

"Sven," she acknowledged him. "I have to say, I'm a little uncomfortable with your... attire."

Her tone was that of a disappointed mother, conveying still some authority behind the polite mask of an 'I' statement.

Stryker

Sven's Quarters

"Oh, sorry, I was invited to a pool party. I stepped away to do the session." he said getting up, "I cut it a bit close but Crewman Mayweather is a chatter box." he rifled through a chest of drawers, pulling out a white ribbed tank top, pulling it over his head to cover his exposed chest, "But I wanted to make sure I honored our appointment."

He finished, sitting back down.

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"A pool party?" Judy asked, a smile crossing her face. This sounded like some real, good, really good progress. "That sounds lovely."

Her smile grew wider at the memory of a few of those from her younger days.

"Do tell me more about this party."

Stryker

Sven's quarters

Pulling his shirt down, he faced the view screen.
"There's a pool, and there's a party." he said simply.

"I'm amazed that I was invited in the first place. But I was. And I also decided not to go, but I figured it would be a good opportunity to practice on my social skills. It's been pretty nice actually. Sun, cool water, and some interesting conversation."

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"That's wonderful. I'm glad you enjoyed it," Judy answered. "Parties are an absolutely lovely place to mingle and make all sorts of acquaintances - believe me, I've been to a lot of them, back before, well, this."
Judy gestured at the thick, horn-rimmed glasses and at the white hair re-growth she'd decided to let loose.

"Unfortunately, they're not the end all, be all of socialization."

Stryker

Sven's quarters

"I suppose that's true. There's water cooler talk, but that sort of office talk annoys the hell out of me."

He paused,"What other kinds of socialization is there?"

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

Judy had anticipated this question, and so she had an answer ready.

"There's all sorts of interactions in smaller groups, or one on one. To give an example from my life, Max and I like to invite one or two people over for dinner, and that's a whole different dynamic from a big ol' party."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.