Re: Of Course It Hurts (Judy/Saya)

Started by Ozu Saya, January 14, 2019, 03:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judith Eastman

[Boat]

Judy cringed inwardly when Saya expelled her food.

"Maybe this was a bad idea," she muttered.

She motioned for Kyo to go towards Saya as she got to work on bleeding the fish out.

"We're going to cut this short," she announced, deeming it to be the ideal for everyone. "We can buy another fish."

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Ozu Saya

[Boat]

Kyo acknowledged Judy's signal and grabbed the bottle of water before hurrying to Saya's side just as she leaned over and retched again.

As she sat up with a groan, Kyo handed her the bottle, saying, Just rinse, and grabbing a napkin from the food bag for her to wipe her mouth with.

Saya obediently swished the water around her mouth and spat over the side of the boat, taking the napkin from Kyo gratefully and wiping at her watering eyes, then mouth.

I'm sorry, she said miserably. I didn't even think about how, um, that part would affect me. Saya kept her eyes very carefully averted from where Judy was handling the grisly task.

It's fine, Kyo answered, sitting next to Saya and rubbing her back with one large hand, ready to help steady her if she turned to vomit again.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Judith Eastman

[Boat]

"No, it's on me," Judy answered. "I should've taken into account just how disgusting this part is to the uninitiated... and in general, actually."

Finally, the task was done; Judy put the fish in an icebox, dumped the blood into the sea, and then washed her hands of it all.

"I think that's enough for the day," she concluded. "Let me know when you're feeling well enough to go back home."

Ozu Saya

[Boat]

Saya waved at Judy in a 'go ahead' motion as she turned and hovered with one knee on the bench ready to lean over the side of the boat again. She didn't think the movement would bother her, but the lingering odor was.

Kyo turned with her, resting a hand lightly on Saya's back to brace and comfort as she rested her forehead on the side of the boat. He kept one eye on the corgis now that they were free, but they were busy sniffing around the bottom of the boat and didn't seem interested in trying to jump out for the moment.

Judith Eastman

[Boat]

Judy set sail back at full speed. It hurt her to see Saya in this extreme level of discomfort, and she wanted to see it end.

[Eastman Island - later]

At last, there they were.

"Saya, you go first. We'll bring the cart back around for a second round with the fish," the older woman decreed.

Ozu Saya

[Boat ---> Island]

After the boat moved away from the blood and vomit in the water, Saya was able to turn and simply sit, eyes closed and breathing deeply.

She stayed seated when the boat bumped against the dock and Kyo left her to tie it up.

I'm okay, she responded to Judy's suggestion, eyes popping open. We can go up together.

To prove her point, Saya rose and moved to the other side of the boat, pausing to pick up Alieth and hand her out to Kyo.

Judith Eastman

[Boat]

"If you're sure of it," Judy replied as she took the corgis' leashes in one hand and her cane in the other.

She then walked over to the golf cart and climbed aboard.

"Oy!" she exclaimed when she realized she'd forgotten something.
"Could one of you be a dear and get my handbag?"

Ozu Saya

[Island]

Saya turned and grabbed Judy's handbag as requested, then helped Kyo get the corgis and food into the golf cart. She handed Judy the bag as she climbed into the seat next to her friend. I'm sorry for cutting the outing short. I didn't think it would affect me.

Kyo climbed into the next row with the corgis and Alieth around him, reaching forward to pat Saya's shoulder. It's really fine. While enjoy fishing, it's not a favorite activity. I don't think either of us are terribly upset to head back early. We have lots to do today, but maybe we can get in some time to play some music together.

I'll go back after we get you two inside to break down the fishing gear and bring it back up.

Judith Eastman

[Eastman Island]

"We don't have that much to do," Judy replied. "We have to cook a meal for... 7 hungry mouths. That's 2 hours of work, 3 tops, and right now it's..."
Judy glanced at her wristwatch.
"...11:42-ish. Let's go get lunch."

Ozu Saya

[Eastman Island]

You're the expert, Kyo conceded. No sandwiches, then? He pouted for a moment, then grinned.

When they arrived at the house, Kyo got the animals inside and returned for the cooler with the fish. Saya took the food bag and stood by to assist Judy if help was needed, though she stayed a step back so as not to crowd the older woman or make her feel as if Saya was hovering. She was also just moving slowly overall. Her nausea had mostly passed, but she still felt slightly queasy.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"I forgot about the sandwiches!" Judy exclaimed as she walked inside. "The mind starts to go around 40, y'know."

She headed directly for the staircase.

"I think I'll try climbing it myself," she proclaimed. "Saya, can you just stand behind me and make sure I don't slip & slide down?"

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Kyo chuckled at Judy. I bet your mind's as sharp as it was when you were twenty! As she and Saya headed inside, Kyo hopped into the driver's seat of the golf cart and returned to the dock to get the fishing gear.

Saya made sure the door was shut so the animals couldn't escape and stepped behind Judy as the older woman went for the stairs. If you wish, she answered doubtfully. Saya couldn't help being a little worried that Judy was pushing herself too quickly, but she wouldn't prevent her friend from doing what she thought best.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

Judy took the stairs slowly, hesitantly, one at a time. She stepped with one foot, and then the other, purposely holding herself back.

Slowly but surely, she did it.
"Look at me! Such a talented toddler, eh? Climbing stairs all by myself!"

With that exclamation, she headed to her suite for a quick change of clothes. The result, at long last, was the return of her mom jeans, paired with a blouse and a cardigan. The curly hair remained - she resolved to repeat the experiment now and then.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Saya waited at the top of the stairs while Judy went to her room, in case she wanted to walk back down the stairs. She leaned against the wall, fingers clasped at her waist, eyes fixed on them, thinking. While she wasn't really embarrassed by her reaction to the fish-killing, Saya felt the need for some self-assessment, especially after thinking she might be willing to try eating some kind of animal flesh. That certainly wasn't going to happen this day.

Kyo returned to the house and carried the box of fishing gear inside, leaving it in the foyer so that he could ask Judy where she wanted it put.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

Judy noticed Saya still at the top of the stairs, clearly waiting for her.

"You should go two, three steps ahead," she instructed. "Since that's the direction I'd fall."

Once again, Judy began to slowly negotiate the stairs. This time, however, she felt emboldened to chat.

"I haven't really sounded you out about the hair," she remarked. "What do you think?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.