Re: Of Course It Hurts (Judy/Saya)

Started by Ozu Saya, January 14, 2019, 03:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Saya silently moved to get a couple of steps down before Judy began and stepped slowly ahead of her, slightly turned so that she could keep an eye on Judy's progress and not get too far ahead.

When Judy asked about her hair, Saya shook off her reverie and paused to look at her friend more fully and take in the other woman's hairstyle. I like it, she said simply as she resumed walking slowly down the stairs.

Kyo appeared at the base of the staircase, smiling up at them, commenting, Pushing the envelope, eh? If you keep this up, you'll be wanting to go...horseback riding before too long. He'd realized partway through his sentence that he didn't really have anything in mind that would be drastic enough for Judy to attempt.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"Horseback riding?" Judy asked. "Try running a marathon, climbing a mountain, bench-pressing my own weight, parachuting, rock-climbing, ice hockey, football. I know hundreds of ways to kill myself."

She chuckled, and then made her way towards the music room.
"Wouldn't mind a brief jam session before lunch. Something a little less extreme."

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Kyo laughed at himself and shrugged. I know. I didn't think it through before I started speaking. Talked myself into a corner. But a jam session sounds great! Music room this time?

Saya voiced her own agreement with a simple Mm-hm following Judy across the foyer.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"I feel like playing the piano today," Judy answered. "I think that limits us to the music room, unless you want to carry that upstairs and break your hip."

She walked over to the piano and sat down. To warm up, she just went up and down with a few scales.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Definitely not! Kyo answered with a laugh. That beast can stay right where it is.

Saya retrieved all of her instruments, beginning with setting up the cello. I would like a chance to try this out, she said pausing to hold up the Irish whistle she'd acquired from the museum.

Kyo moved his instrument cases next to a chair and asked, Bassoon or tivara? Either sounds good with piano and I think the tivara would work with cello, too. Or I'm sure we can find some bassoon, piano, cello trio pieces. Mostly classical, though, he added regretfully to Judy. I know it's not your preference.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"I can agree to classical," Judy replied. "I'm not so childish that I have to have my preferred genre."

She smiled agreeably from the piano stool, taking in her reflection off its dark cover through the corner of her eye. She now realized that she'd gradually come to appear more and more energetic and lively every day since the operation. It was wonderful.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Kyo nodded and sat, beginning the arduous process of preparing the bassoon for playing. Saya got music stands from one side of the room for both of them and sat near Kyo with the cello at the ready, PADD on the stand in front of her.

Why don't you two pick a song while I get ready? Kyo suggested. He dropped his reed into the container of water and started fitting pieces of the large instrument together.

Saya reached for her PADD and began searching through music for something that would suit all three instruments.

What about Jan Koetsier's 'Fantasie'? It might be a bit ambitious to just dive into, but we can work on it.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"We'll give it a go," Judy replied. Despite the earlier fishing fiasco, she was feeling pretty confident and energetic today, not to mention eager for a challenge.

The corgis promptly wandered into the room, seeking something that they felt entitled to.
"No. No lunch. It's too early," Judy asserted.

The dogs wandered off, in search of more fruitful sources of food.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Saya smiled briefly at the corgis, and the three-horn trailing in their wake, before continuing to search through her PADD for another potential piece of music. She'd already downloaded a number of pieces for all of their instruments since meeting Judy and Kyo, but there were only a few that carried parts for just their three.

Finally she came across another. Oh, what about this? It's by Hakan Eriksson. It's lovely. She sent the sheet music and sample to both their PADDs for assessment.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

Judy looked over the sheet music carefully, making full use of the glasses.
"Let's start with the first one. 'Fantasie', you said? We'll get around to both, but let's start with that one," she suggested.

In the meantime, unbeknownst to her, the corgis had found the fish. They were, far more quietly than usual, having their way with it.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Kyo finished getting the bassoon put together and attached the reed, raising it to his lips to run through a couple of scales to warm up.

Saya checked the tuning on the cello, making a couple of small adjustments before joining Kyo in his scales and filling the music room with the low, mellow blend of the two instruments together.

Kyo grinned at her and said, I knew we'd play well together.

Saya quirked a wry brow at him. We have not even played a song yet.

Doesn't matter. We are going to make beautiful music. Kyo looked to Judy and tilted his chin. I believe piano begins the 'Fantasie'. Take it away!

Alieth sniffed at the fish as the corgis feasted, but wandered away when she discovered it wasn't something she liked to eat. Instead, she found one of her soft toys and proceeded to rip the stuffing out of it.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"Don't sign your chickens up for grad school before they hatch, Kyo," Judy warned humorously, before getting to work making some music.

She played through, and it went about as well as she'd expected. Running more or less sober, Judy performed ably, with a few minor slip-ups. Her tremors, noticeably, were gone - playing the piano seemed to soothe them.

"Not bad!" she exclaimed. "Now, I need to get some water."

It wouldn't be hard for someone to pre-empt Judy and her broken hip in getting up.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

I'll go, Saya volunteered, quickly setting aside the cello and jumping up. Of the three of them, she was the most mobile at the moment.

Water? she asked Kyo.

He nodded and Saya trotted out of the music room, only to be pulled up short by a foul smell as she got closer to the kitchen. As she turned the corner, Saya had to swallow back bile at the sight of the corgis chowing down on the remains of the fish Judy had just caught.

Ju... she started to call, but gagged. Going back toward the music room, Saya tried again, Judy! she entered the room again, pale-faced and on the verge of retching.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

Judy could almost hear Saya's gagging, which led her to stand right up and walk over.

"Oy vey!" she exclaimed. "What did you two do? Bad dogs! Bad dogs!"

Alongside the fish, the sandwiches had also been cut up by corgi teeth.

"You two dogs will be the death of me," she muttered quietly as the corgis made an apologetic face.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Kyo set aside the bassoon as quickly as he could and made to follow Judy, stopping by Saya to check that she was okay.

Saya waved him on as she leaned over to put her hands on her knees and take deep breaths.

Kyo jogged to the kitchen and stopped dead when he saw the mess. Damn, I'm sorry, Judy. This is my fault I didn't even think about leaving the cooler on the floor. And leaving the food bag was just stupid. I was rushing to get back out and get the fishing gear up here.

Let me clean it up. Just tell me where to find the cleaning supplies.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.