Re: Of Course It Hurts (Judy/Saya)

Started by Ozu Saya, January 14, 2019, 03:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

Judy went closer to Saya, but she could not be waved away as easily. Rather, she offered a hand, as she turned her attention to Kyo.

"Attic," she answered, probably not what he wanted to hear. "Originally, the help stayed on the third floor, but we don't hire butlers anymore."

It felt so patronizing, hiring someone to serve them, which was why the Eastmans hadn't used serving staff for centuries.

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Kyo nodded stoically and jogged the several flights of stairs to the attic to retrieve cleaning supplies. He returned quickly and began picking up the chunks of what was left of the fish, shooing the corgis away frequently as he worked.

I'm all right. The smell got to me, but I'm fine. I think I will stay in here, though.

Alieth wandered in and pawed at Saya with a honk. Saya crouched, and then simply dropped to sit on the floor, and gathered her pet into her arms, bringing the warm body to her face and inhaling her dry, desert scent.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"Let's get you to the couch," Judy suggested, offering her arm. If there was one thing she knew, it was that getting more distance between Saya and the fish was crucial.

The dogs, meanwhile, were very disappointed by this turn of events. They weren't sure why them eating their lunch was such a problem.

Elsewhere, Diane Eastman sent her daughter a text: "Should I get anything?"

A little beep emanated from Judy's handbag next to the piano.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Saya rose again and took the proffered arm, letting Judy lead her to the couch. I'm really fine, Saya insisted. I got away from it before the smell became too overpowering. It's only being so soon after my last encounter that I'm still overly sensitive. I feel as if my sense of smell has been magnified somewhat recently.[/color] Saya shrugged. Probably just being in many different places with a larger variety of odors, or being out of a starship's recycled air supply.

Her head tilted as she detected a small sound from somewhere in the room. What was that?

Kyo finished wiping up the last bit of liquid from the floor and dropped the cleaning cloths into the trash. He triple-bagged the whole mess and set it outside the door before heading back toward the music room to ask Judy about disposal.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

Judy's hip was straining a tiny bit, but she didn't let on. Rather, she led Saya to the couch, and plopped down with her.

Then, she heard the small sound. It was a message.

"Oh, that's the comm. Judging by that tone, it's my mother," she answered. "Could you grab my handbag?"

It was across the room, which was a little inconvenient for someone who was tired and only a week into her recovery.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Oh, certainly. Saya popped back up from the couch, still holding Alieth, and showing that she really was fine with her quick movements. She retrieved Judy's handbag from beside the piano and delivered it to the other woman, sitting next to her again.

Kyo entered just after Saya sat again and looked between them. Everything good in here?

Saya nodded and offered a small smile.

He returned her look, then turned to Judy. Where do you handle waste disposal? I don't want to leave that for too long.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"Matter recycler behind the garage," Judy replied. "It's probably a good idea to get rid of it quick - dogs could get crazy."

She then reached into the handbag to check her messages.

"Oh, mother wants to know if she should bring anything. Any requests? Food, clothes, softer mattresses, anything?"
Judy knew her mother. She was like a sort of genie, almost.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Let me go take care of that, Kyo said, turning to leave the music room again. And I'm good. So just whatever we need for dinner.

No, I don't need anything, Saya answered quietly. Matresses? she added with a quirked eyebrow.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"Mattresses," Judy reaffirmed. "There's a story behind that."

Now, of course, she just had to tell it.
"For as long as I can remember, she's complained about the mattresses here being too hard. A few years back, I actually went to the mainland and came back with a new mattress for her, to see how that'd go."

In the meantime, she worked out a text, asking for a massive collection of ingredients.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Saya let loose a small laugh at Judy's story. It did seem like something she'd do.

Did I see the remains of our sandwiches in that disaster? I suppose we will have to make something for lunch as well. Although, perhaps something more like a snack would be best, since your meals tend to contain an inordinate amount of food. We would not want to already be full before dinner, Saya teased.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"Saya, my meals are a perfectly normal size!" Judy protested. "You just don't eat enough."

She laughed, making it clear that she wasn't actually that offended (she meant what she'd said, but she wasn't offended), and then shifted gears.

"Dinner will be a bit on the earlier side, so we can keep lunch nice and small. More sandwiches should do the trick."

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

I eat a perfectly adequate amount of food for my size and stature, Saya retorted primly, straightening her top with one hand.

Alieth had had enough of being held and started struggling in Saya's arms. As she leaned over to deposit the three-horn on the floor, Kyo entered the music room again, followed by the corgis. Trash is taken care of, he said, glaring down at the defiantly happy dogs.

Saya also raised a brow at the corgis, not particularly interested in seeing them at that particular moment. I believe we have decided to make more sandwiches for a light repast, Saya informed Kyo, still in a rather prim tone that had him giving her a strange look.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

Judy nodded in acknowledgement.
"Yes, sandwiches are in order. Not for you two. You've eaten enough."
She waved an admonishing finger at the dogs.

"Saya, why don't you go down and get some sandwich fillers? I'll be in the kitchen in a minute."

In truth, Judy was tired. She was finally taking responsibility for not pushing her recovery too fast.

Ozu Saya

[Estate]

Certainly, Saya agreed, heading for the kitchen to send the cart down the dumbwaiter before following it down to the basement.

Kyo watched Judy for a moment, then asked, Are you doing okay? You look a little beat. He was trying hard not to be overbearing, but figured just asking couldn't hurt. He was pretty sure it had been at least twenty-four hours since he'd last asked how Judy was doing.

Judith Eastman

[Estate]

"A little tired is all," Judy answered, brushing a blonde strand back from her forehead. "It's been a morning, you know?"

She took a deep breath, and then stood up.
"Well, the world keeps turning, the sandwiches need making, and my hip will rest plenty after the next replacement," she quipped.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.