Re: Re: I See, I See (Judy/Stryker)

Started by Judith Eastman, April 07, 2019, 01:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"I wouldn't say more so, but it's really the same sort of love," Judy said. "It's that feeling when you lay eyes on someone, and you realize that you belong together. It's a different kind of together, but you get what I mean."

Judy looked back down at Michael. The little infant looked back at her and tooted.

"Oh, that was the most adorable little fart, yes it was. And it's so stinky. Yes, you're a stinky little fellow, aren't you?"

She glanced at Sven, keenly aware that he was watching but not caring. She was a grandma first and a therapist second.

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Stryker

|Sven's quarters || USS Athena|

"You know, Judy, I've had a pretty good week. Why don't we call it a short session today and you can spend this time with your cutie of a grandbaby?"

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

Judy had to admit, she liked that idea. Grandma-Grandson quality time was fast becoming her favorite thing of all.

"I'm going to be out on a diplomatic trip next week, so I'll have to put our next session 2 weeks out," she replied. "Is that all right?"

If it wasn't, there was little Judy could do. Trip prep, grandmother duties, and the trip itself were time sinkholes she couldn't avoid.

Stryker

"That should work."

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"We'll see you in two weeks, then," Judy answered, as she then hung up. She had a baby to appreciate now.

[CMO's Office, SBC - two weeks later]

Judy was in her office, glasses low on her nose, working through reams of paperwork. There were so many documents to review, thanks to her weeklong time away.
She had her jacket off, her sleeves rolled up, and stacks of PADDS on the desk. Her hair, already more white than blonde, was a little frazzled.

As her terminal reminded her of a scheduled call, she quickly fixed her hair, sat up, and placed the communication to Sven.

Stryker

|Sven's Quarters || USS Athena|

Judy looked haggard, which wasn't all that surprising. She usually took on too much and tried to juggle all of her commitments. He did worry about her health. It was a known fact that doctors generally were not as healthy as the patients or the recommendations they made to their patients.

"Tough week?" he asked.

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"Oh, you don't know the half of it," Judy answered. "The pharmacists had an... incident that required half the stock to be replaced, everything got backlogged while I was away, I have to find a guy to conduct sensitivity training here, and I still gotta make time for little baby Michael."

Michael, as was implied, was Judy's grandson. He was now two weeks old, and Judy still thought he looked a lot like his grandmother. He was also the apple of her eye, and adored by Max as well.
To make things more ridiculous, Judy had a crib in her office now.

Stryker

|Sven's Quarters || USS Athena|
"You know, maybe this week isn't the best either." he wasn't trying to blow her off or anything, and it did seem like she had too much on her plate.

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"Oh, no, absolutely not. This week is fine," Judy replied. "Therapy sessions make it easier. They break the workload, just like Michael and Max do."

She smiled. She definitely couldn't spend ten hours straight on paperwork.

"I can't really show baby pictures to a requisition form, can I?"

Stryker

"No, I 'spose you can't." he agreed with her.

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"If there's one lesson I can impart to you, it's that - don't try to do the same thing all day, or you'll be miserable. Break it up now and then," Judy stated with a smile.

"Now, enough philosophizing. How have you been these past two weeks?"

Stryker

"It's been going well. Overall. No luck on finding a date so far. But that's not really high on my priority list. I've been getting ready for a competition here in three months. Still need to ask for a week off for that, but I think Commander Brighton will give it to me."

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

There was a learning opportunity here for Sven, about what managers liked.

"Now, think about this from her perspective," the older woman offered. "How do you reckon it'd work for her if you let her know now? In terms of all the planning she does, in her position."

Stryker

"That's why I'm asking her today." he said a little a fronted. "I understand the more time I give her the more likely I'll get the time off. I've been training all year for this and there is no way I want to miss it. I placed 3rd last year. I hoping for first."

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"That's exactly what I was about to tell you to do," Judy exclaimed proudly. "This is one of those things that'll serve you super-well when you keep going up the ranks. Being ahead of the game is one of those skills that will get you promoted."

Judy couldn't help but notice how far they'd gone. From explanations of why telling a crewman they're an idiot was an exercise in futility, they'd reached a level of leadership training.

"If you don't mind, I wanna touch up on something we haven't discussed for the longest time," she segued. "How's your anger been?"

Just in case, Judy had a quick turnaround to baby pictures planned.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.