Re: Re: I See, I See (Judy/Stryker)

Started by Judith Eastman, April 07, 2019, 01:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stryker

Sven's quarters

He frowned. "I still struggle with it. There are time when I'm irritated I just want to hurt someone or something. I've started a holo-novel. That helps, a bit."

Sven gazed down at his hands that were folden upon the countertop.

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

A holonovel. Now that was fascinating. An interesting way to let out repressed urges.

"Tell me more about the holonovel," Judy implored gently. "And don't feel any need to make it sound respectable. Max and I play mob bosses on the holodeck, so I don't get to judge."

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Stryker

|Sven's quarters || USS Athena|

"Well, it's called "Night City." It takes place in a kind of dystopic future, or future to when it was written. Anyway, the year in the novel was 2100 and the world is run by a series of mega-corporations in an anarcho-capitalism system of government. There is advanced technology, but a huge gap between the poor, and the rich. The Corporations are involved in all sorts of shady dealings, using the masses as test subjects for their tech, and social reforms among other things."

He didn't know if Judy was familiar with the term cyber-punk, so he chose to engage in a lengthy explanation.

"Anyway, I play the role of a ex-police detective that just been released from prison that gets swept up in a conspiracy." The point is, He... I should say, use tools of a physical nature to bring about results. A bit of slamming here. Arm breaking there."

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

Judy nodded. This wasn't at all atypical.

"Well, that sounds like a safe, reasonable, healthy way to let out your negative impulses."

Judy genuinely approved. At the very least, she didn't disapprove.

"How often do you do it?"

Stryker

|Sven's Quarters || USS Athena|

Given that Sven was active in the IFBB, he really didn't have too much time to engage in the holonovel,

"About once a week, to once every other week." he said.

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"That's good, that's good," Judy replied back, nodding. "That's a healthy balance. Too much, and it's holo-addiction. Too little, and it's not much of a hobby. You know how it is."

Judy smiled. She had a holo-addict in the form of Crewman Anderson, and he wasn't easy to work with.

Stryker

Sven's quarters.

Tapping his fingers on the counter the large man thought,

"No. I don't think I do. This is really the first time I've set time aside for a hobby."

And that was the truth. For him life had been, work, studies, training for his sport. He didn't cultivate a social life, nor a hobby.

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"Well," Judy replied, a little surprised. "The first time. In 20-something years."

She'd had an assortment of hobbies at all points of her life.

"So, what did you do with your spare time before? Just lifting?"

Stryker

Sven's quarters

People rarely understood bodybuilding. They see it as a hobby and not a sport. Sven countered.

"Know anything about professional sports? Like soccer? Those people put an insane amount of time into it. Training, conditioning. The same holds true for those that run in the IFBB circuits. 3 hours a day in the gym, plus food prep, because eating is a huge part of the sport. And I'm not talking three meals a day. I'm talking 6 to 7. The time I spend on meal prepping is insane. Not to mention posing practice. And sleep is vital  to recovery. So by the time I'm done with all that and working my day job, it leave little time for anything else. In fact I've been doing more outside of preparing for the upcoming competition that I fear I won't even place. Only the dedicated make it."

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

Judy had clearly misread Sven's devotion to his sport. She'd assumed that, being a person with a career, he'd categorize himself in the amateur ranks rather than among the pros.

"Well, that sounds like a full-time job," she exclaimed. "Which, I must say, is just a little bit concerning. There is a certain value to downtime, you know?"

Kyjann

Sven's Quarters

He sighed.

"A few months ago, I would have disagreed with you, but having worked with you and creating some semblance to a social life I now agree. I'm torn. I can't do it all."

Alt character to Sven "Stryker" Aune

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

Judy clasped her hands together.

"Not to sound too crass, but I think it might be prudent to think of bodybuilding as more of a hobby and less of a life, if you will," she stated.

"Either that, or you can try to turn it into a career, but that means leaving Starfleet behind. My inner mom, psychologist, and financial planner would all discourage that."

Stryker

Sven's quarters

That was the truth of the matter. He lacked balance.

"I think you're right. It can still be important, but not my life as I've made it. I've used it as an escape mechanism. Like alcohol or holo-addiction."

He was shocked to hear himself say that.

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

Now this was shocking. It was good, truthful. Yet it was also concerning. Sven needed to be eased into the new mindset he was now careening towards at full speed.

"I wouldn't say it was an escape. I'd say it's more of a coping mechanism that you've leaned on a little too heavily. That's how all addictions start - even coffee."

Judy was coping with that one now. For the sake of her cardiac health, Max had put her on exclusively decaf.

Stryker

|Sven's quarters|

"What do you mean?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.