Re: Re: I See, I See (Judy/Stryker)

Started by Judith Eastman, April 07, 2019, 01:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stryker

|Sven's quarters || USS Athena|

He rapped his knuckles upon the desk and sat back in his chair.
"The first thing I did was recognize that I'm pretty intimidating. So I diffused that by being friendly, making eye contact smiling and offering a hand to shake. Then I verified what it is they want to accomplish and talk with them about a plan. Then a quick assessment. Once done I start a program with them. As I teach them, gently correct their posture and positioning I ask them questions about their job, what do they do for fun, if they have any family and I'm working to be genuinely interested." 

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"I'd very much like to see that myself," Judy answered. "I'll be traveling again next week, so perhaps I can try to pop in on the Athena for a day for a one-time session."

Being older, with all the physical challenges that went with age, made Judy a particularly tough nut for any personal trainer. This would be an excellent test indeed.
That, and she needed a little more variety in her exercise routine.

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Stryker

|Sven's office || USS Athena|

"Ya, I can arrange that. What exactly are you thinking? Are there any physical limitations I should be aware of?"

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office - SBC]

"Many. Very many," Judy answered. "My hip is made of titanium, so there's a limit on how much strain I can put on it. My knees tend to get achy if I squat too much, and my wrists shouldn't support much weight when they're bent."

That covered joints, the source of the biggest landmines.
"On top of that, I'm a heart patient, so I'm supposed to stick to mild-moderate exercise. Max is much less inhibited, but I'm not sure just yet if he'll come along."

Stryker

"Are you familiar with aquatic resistance training? It's low impact."

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"Is that anything like swimming?" Judy asked. "I think I mentioned when you were here that I'm an avid swimmer. Definitely takes a lot of pressure off the joints."

Swimming helped develop all different muscle groups, as well as one's lungs. It was definitely the preferred form of exercise for Judy.

Stryker

Sven shook his head. "Ah, well no. the workout takes place in a pool. You use, flotation like resistance to work the muscle as opposed to regular weights."

Judith Eastman

[CMO's Office, SBC]

"I see," Judy replied. "That should be fun. Now, I have a meeting with a subordinate, so I'm going to have to cut you off. I'll see you next week."

[USS Athena - Holodeck - one week later]

Judy, Max, and the dogs all arrived at the agreed-upon time and place. The chef had, ultimately, agreed to go with his wife, thinking the days they'd spend in a shuttle would be very romantic. Of course, being packed into tight quarters definitely encouraged certain tendencies the two of them already had.

Now, they were setting that aside for a bit. The counselor wore a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt reading "Dog Hair, Don't Care" (a very accurate design, since it was currently full of corgi fur) over a two-piece, while Max paired swim trunks with a plain white t-shirt. He was really here to accompany his wife, not to do anything himself, but he was ready for the water.

Judy looked around for Sven.

Stryker

|Holodeck 2 || USS Athena|

Sven arrived, he was talking this personal training seriously and as such wore wore a three quarters wet suit that clung to his massive body. He waved to Judy and Max.

"Sorry I wasn't able to meet you when your shuttle docked. I've been swamped with paperwork and I couldn't get away. I trust you've been given nice quarters?"

He turned to the contol pad on the wall.

"Computer, run personal training program Aune 3." the computer beeped.

"Program ready. You may enter when ready."

The large cargo like doors whined open revealing a therapy pool. It was smaller than a standard size swimming pool, but larger than a personal one. It was enclosed and steam Rose from the surface indicating it was heated. Along one edge of the pool was a rack of what could be described as foam dumbells easily accessible to anyone someone standing in the pool.

The water was about 5 feet deep at the deep end and 3 at the shallow.

"We'll start by warming up the muscles and joints. This is advice I give everyone regardless of age or ability. Ever seen what happens to frozen bacon when you try to flex it? Don't want the same thing happing to us." he said, walking Judy through what he does.

He then looked to Max. "You'll need to get into the water as well. Since I can't go back to Columbia with you, you're going to have to help with form. Besides it's a great excuse to get close to her." he said trying to be encouraging.

Judith Eastman

[Holodeck, USS Athena]

"We're only here for the afternoon," Judy answered. "We're going to continue on tonight. This is, sadly, a business trip first."
"We're just doing our best to have some fun on it.

Judy didn't need to be told to get into the water. She was already stripped down to her swimsuit by the time Sven finished his bacon analogy.

"Well... this nose isn't exactly a bacon-eating nose, but I get your drift," she answered.

Max was a little more polite, only getting in when he was instructed to.

"I've never known him to need an excuse," Judy teased him as he did.
"Why don't we start?" Max suggested, signaling for a turn away from flirting and teasing. There was a place for that later.

Stryker

Sven nodded. "No, I understand. But that doesn't mean you can't take something away from this to mix into you current routine. Spice it up a bit." he said gently.

He led Judy and Max through some stretches and warmups. Taking about 10 minutes to do so. But he also used to time to ask,

"So, what's the business aspect?"

Judith Eastman

[Holodeck, USS Athena]

Judy sighed deeply.

"I'm going to evaluate an entire crew," Judy answered. "The Challenger. Its service record is a mess, and not of the hot variety either. I'm being tasked with assessing how all the mishegoss they've been through has affected them."

Suffice it to say, Judy wan't exactly in love with this duty.

"We're trying to have fun in the meantime," Max added. "And we're planning a big remodeling on one of our vacation homes."
Max was still getting used to the idea of having several of those, across the quadrant. Wealth in general was still new and a little awkward for him.

Stryker

Sven grimaced. "Well at least the two of you are trying to find the silver lining."

The had transitioned out of stretching and he handed Judy what looked like dumbells made from floaty material

Judith Eastman

[Holodeck, USS Athena]

"Silver is our specialty," Judy quipped, alluding to the grey hairs that adorned Max's head, as well as the white ones she hid with varying degrees of consistency.

Then, she took up the dumbbells.

"What am I doing with these?" she asked.

Stryker

|Holodeck 2||USS Athena|

Sven nodded. "You're going to do a bit of resistance training." taking Judy's arms and placing her hands out front, palms down with dumb bells floating on-top of the water.

"This is going to work you're latissums dorsi, triceps and the frontal and posterior heads of the shoulder. Keeping you're elbows slightly bent you're going to bring the dumb bells down until they are parallel, then slowly, resisting the dumb bells buoyancy bring them back up." he would place his hands on her forearms and gently guide the movement.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.