Re: Re: Re: Of Course It Hurts (Judy/Saya)

Started by Ozu Saya, May 18, 2019, 08:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozu Saya

[Versailles]

Kyo took up position behind Judy's chair as soon as she was back in it, assuming that she would be too tired and/or sore to do so herself after her strenuous rowing. He didn't mind. It helped keep him from leaving the ladies behind with his naturally long stride.

Saya led the way onto the street outside the palace, looking each way for possibilities. They had gone a little way down when she spotted a couple of places to their right.

There, she said, pointing. Lenôtre, and La Table du 11? What about one of those? Saya made an attempt at pronouncing the names, but she knew it was poorly done.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Judith Eastman

[Versailles]

"I give you a C- on the pronunciation," Judy told Saya, smiling with good-natured teasing. "Table du 11 seems to be right there, so let's go there. I don't want to make you wheel me more than necessary."

Judy stretched her rather sore right arm, her face betraying regret at the rowing adventure that went a bit too long.

"In any case, I think I earned the right to a hearty lunch. Not sure about either of you," she quipped, unwilling to concede.

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Ozu Saya

[Versailles]

Saya shrugged with a slightly embarrassed smile at Judy's teasing as she led the way to the restaurant, holding the door open for Kyo to maneuver the wheelchair into the small establishment.

I don't know, Kyo said to Judy. I think pushing the chair earns me a good meal. Saya, though, she's been a slacker. He grinned at the Vulcan hybrid teasingly, hoping he wasn't pushing things too far. She didn't seem to always know how to react when teased.

Saya's head ducked and face flushed slightly, but she deadpanned, I concede the point.

Judith Eastman

[Versailles]

"You can wheel me on the way back, if you want to even it out," Judy offered, half-serious, as a purser approached them.

"Table for three?" he asked.
"That's right."

The group was shown to a table, and Judy promptly retrieved her readers and began to read over the menu.

"I personally think the steak looks tempting," she mused aloud.

Ozu Saya

[Versailles]

I'm happy to take a turn if Kyo needs a break, Saya said mildly as they sat and started reading menus. She was grateful the menu had translations into Federation Standard below the French. This dish with egg and peas looks interesting. I think I'll try that. It was one of the easiest meal decisions she'd made on this trip.

Kyo took a little longer to peruse before saying, Steak sounds good, but I'm curious about a couple of the other dishes. What's mackerel? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Judith Eastman

[Versailles]

Judy looked back at her menu at Kyo's prompting.

"Maquereau - mackerel - is a fish. Bonite is also a fish, so is the Raie Bretonne," she explained, her eyes flicking from looking through and over her reading glasses. "Lots of fish, in general. Not what I expected this far inland."

Her eyes then turned downwards, to the wine section.

"With any of the fish, you should drink a white. I'll be getting a red, so we'll be best off ordering by the glass," she recommended.

Ozu Saya

[Versailles]

Kyo bobbed his head back and forth for a moment before saying, I actually think I'll join you in the steak.

The waiter returned, PADD in hand, just as Kyo finished speaking. Excellent choice, sir. I'll take your orders now, if you're ready, or I can get your drinks and give you a few more minutes. He looked around expectantly at the group.

I think we're ready, Saya spoke up. I'd like a sparkling water with lemon and this. She pointed to the egg dish.

Ah, excellent choice. And for you, madam? He turned to Judy next.

Judith Eastman

[Versailles]

Judy's eyes alternated between the waiter and the menu.

"I'll have the steak, along with a glass of the Crozes-Hermitage," she ordered. "And let's get a pitcher of water for the table too."

"Any wine for the rest of you?" the waiter asked.

In the meantime, Judy slipped down her glasses, letting them hang on a chain by her neck.

Ozu Saya

[Versailles]

I'll have the same, the steak and the wine, Kyo said with a nod to Judy. He set his menu on top of Saya's and collected them to hand to the waiter.

Saya shook her head in response to his question. None for me, thank you.

Very good. I'll return shortly with your drinks. The waiter gathered the menus and walked off.

Saya glanced between her companions and rolled her shoulders slightly. Do you have anything in mind for the rest of the day, Judy? Or should we rest this afternoon after your exertion?

Judith Eastman

[Versailles]

"I'm going to take a long, long nap," Judy answered. "I think I deserve it, certainly at my age."

Judy stretched her sore arms, and then relaxed them again. She deserved a nap.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.