Season 2 Episode 8 - Stick and Carrot

Started by Michael J. Tritter, May 01, 2018, 12:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auzual Knox

Quote from: Derek Black on May 19, 2018, 05:34:36 PM

"Kath, I'm here." Derek gently placed the palm of his hand against her cheek, brushing his thumb lightly over the bruised discolouration. Oh Katharoz...what am I going to do with you? "How are you feeling?"

[Sickbay]

Knox stirred as she felt the full breath she took fill her lungs but did not open her eyes or move.

I am, therefore I am ok.

"What? Where? Oh, sickbay. The Bridge! Is everything, is everyone ok?"

Knox attempted to sit up.

Ouch.

"Derek. I need you to do something that you are not going to like. Please can you help me stand up?"

They both knew that she meant help her get up and do whatever it took for her to join the away team. The unknowns on this novel planet were too much for them to be down there without them.

She looked to him and hoped he the concern in his expression would lessen just enough to comply to they duty to Starfleet.

"Derek, please."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Felicity Ellis

[NPC: Unknown - Outside Puzzles]

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on May 20, 2018, 09:07:29 AM

[Puzzles]

The impending sense of doom and destruction remained hanging in the atmosphere as Leanna continued speaking with Commander Keyes and even though it seemed to lessen slightly as she stood there knew to trust her instincts. She wasn't about to relax anytime soon nor would she let her staff leave their secure hiding place unless it was absolutely necessary.

One thing she did notice was a man in Starfleet uniform approach and at first didn't think it was strange given the current situation but as he got nearer thought that there was something not quite right about him. Recognising what he was but remained suspicious as she decided to speak to him in case he was looking for some respite.

" I won't be a moment Commander " she said to Keyes before approaching the other Betazoid.

" Hi there, if your after something to eat and drink, I'm afraid the bar is closed until further notice " she said politely wondering how he would react.

When she approached, the walls in his mind crashed downward with force. He had to protect himself, to shield. His thoughts must be his own. He carefully schooled his expression into something that resembled what he believed to be 'normal' and 'pleasant', considering their circumstances, and adjusted the borrowed Sec/Tac uniform.

Spying Commander Keyes close by he pushed outwardly with his mind, a simple misdirection in attempt to keep the Security officer's attention away from him.

"I'm here to check on you, ma'am. We've had reports that Puzzles is being used as a refuge. I've had some field medic training and Counselor Ellis asked that I stop by." He smiled reassuringly, trying to exude confidence. "Is there anyone that might require assistance?"

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Kirok on May 19, 2018, 02:00:18 PM

[Gibson Bridge to planet surface]

Kirok nodded and started the process of logging off of the duty station.  It only took a moment.  But he waited until the process was complete.

Then he turned on his heel and headed to the transporter pad.  He took the center position.  Just as Mr. Tritter had directed.

After they materialized, he took his hand phaser out of it's holster.  It had been awhile since he had used such a weapon.  But he was still confident in his skill.  "I'm ready whenever you are, Mr. Tritter" Kirok said.

[Location: Tinzu planet surface]

Tritter was oddly comftorable with the rifle at the low ready, there was a certain... peace that the large Captain gained from being able to protect himself and those he cared about. He than nodded slightly to the Admiral, acknowledging their statement as he scanned the area for the others. He wanted to make sure their group was ready before they moved out. Make no mistake, they were moving out into hostile territory.

Quote from: T'Rell on May 19, 2018, 08:48:04 PM

[Planets Surface]

Tail end charlie, an ancient Earth saying for her current position, at least were she had been ordered to stay in the marching order, for now though she handed out weapons to the few crew members who hadn't yet armed themselves, she didn't mind being placed at the rear, too many times in history victory was won by an inattentive rear guard, and anyway her natural abilities worked better with a little isolation, away from even the noise a quiet group made, she could hear better and her sense of smell not surrounded by the regular body odor of her crew mates wasn't over whelmed, she checked her Phaser rifle like her training dictated and stepped away from the group, she scanned what she could see of the country side and took a deep breath, this was what she had trained for, and although this was technically her first away mission into what was likely to be a war zone, she felt oddly calm,

At the front of the group the captain started to move off and T'Rell now all business readied herself to move off as well, keeping a few paces back from the rear of the party.

There was a certain... appreciation the Captain had for the Caitian Security Officer, he appreciated her attention to detail and familiarity with the job, as well as her tactical and weapons skills. She did remind him of himself in many ways. He noticed she moved into position in a prompt fashion. His gaze remained scanning the area to make sure that they had their entire away team assembled. He knew that there had been injuries due to the second energy blast, but now was the time for action and that they would have to work with what they had. It would be a few miles to the main activity area of the planet... Where the majority of their work would be done.

Once it was determined that everyone was with them, he started to step off and motioned for the crew to follow him. He kept his head on a swivel... Things would be coming their way soon enough, at least he had a few moments to get his bearings to the planet... The smells, the temperatures, the wind, all important things to consider in a tactical mission. They moved in a traditional wedge formation, which would serve to both protect them and provide better firing positions for when the excrement would hit the fan.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on May 16, 2018, 11:33:34 AM

[Puzzles]

The fact that the Commander believed her and didn't think she was some kind of lunatic crazy woman was a huge relief to the Betazoid and listened intently, giving him her full focus as he spoke and told her what he knew so far. The news that they were indeed the target of some alien species didn't shock her and would do everything she could to help the Commander and those who served the base protect it as it meant a lot to her and didn't want her home to be destroyed.

Still listening as he continued and had an idea of the other person he spoke of and if it was him then she felt a lot safer knowing he was also watching things.

" I understand and if I see anything I will let you know immediately Commander " she replied "I'm here to help in any way that I can".

[NPC Post, Commander Keyes. Location: Starbase Columbus, Promenade]

Keyes nodded slightly to Leanna, he replied with a simple "Appreciated", followed by a slight nod of acknowledgement. He than noticed a new visitor arrive at their location, something raised his spidey senses if you will. He however, remained quiet and focused on the situation at hand. The new comer acted... Strange, but the acting Commanding Officer was simply content to observe them as they arrived, there was something didn't feel right, but he would keep an eye on them for the mean time until he had enough information to place exactly what made him feel odd in this situation.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on May 20, 2018, 08:20:19 PM

When she approached, the walls in his mind crashed downward with force. He had to protect himself, to shield. His thoughts must be his own. He carefully schooled his expression into something that resembled what he believed to be 'normal' and 'pleasant', considering their circumstances, and adjusted the borrowed Sec/Tac uniform.

Spying Commander Keyes close by he pushed outwardly with his mind, a simple misdirection in attempt to keep the Security officer's attention away from him.

"I'm here to check on you, ma'am. We've had reports that Puzzles is being used as a refuge. I've had some field medic training and Counselor Ellis asked that I stop by." He smiled reassuringly, trying to exude confidence. "Is there anyone that might require assistance?"

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on May 20, 2018, 10:56:01 PM

[NPC Post, Commander Keyes. Location: Starbase Columbus, Promenade]

Keyes nodded slightly to Leanna, he replied with a simple "Appreciated", followed by a slight nod of acknowledgement. He than noticed a new visitor arrive at their location, something raised his spidey senses if you will. He however, remained quiet and focused on the situation at hand. The new comer acted... Strange, but the acting Commanding Officer was simply content to observe them as they arrived, there was something didn't feel right, but he would keep an eye on them for the mean time until he had enough information to place exactly what made him feel odd in this situation.

[Puzzles]

Leanna listened to what the gold shirted Lieutenant had to say and again couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right. Sensing the same coming from Commander Keyes behind her as she looked at the other Betazoid in front of her. Once he had finished she thought about the reason why he was here and knew for a fact that he had gotten his information wrong for a start as if there had been any injured then she would of notified Sickbay immediately. She also didn't believe him about Flick sending him down here either or that he was an Officer and had a feeling that he was definitely trying to hide something.

" I can assure you that everyone is fine including me so I'm not sure where you got that information about the bar being used as a refuge so no there isn't anyone needing assistance" she replied before opening her mind a little further to dig a little deeper.

Why don't you tell me the real reason you are here and who you are as I don't believe that your a Starfleet Officer

Ryan Murphy

[Location: Promenade]

Ryan had some quiet time after finishing a case, chasing dirt bags around was fun but there was also a certain balance he achieved by just being able to go "home" and relax if you will. There was a big adjustment for him, but he was surviving, as he spent most of his time chasing the dirt bags of the world, who were often out there to do horrible things to others. There was a certain sense of accomplishment he got from doing that. He was however ready for a bit of down time, but sadly, he would be by himself while the Captain was off chasing the bugs that had been hunting them. He knew it was important, but there was something that nagged at him about it.

But either way, he managed to hide those thoughts to himself. He seemed content to just take a walk through the Promenade. It was always bustling with some type of activity, however, he knew the areas to avoid to avoid most of the crowds. Which was fine for him, as crowds did often make him edgy, situational awareness is to blame for that. As he approached the Puzzles area, he noticed a slightly interesting situation developing. He just slipped into a nearby table almost silently and just seemed content to watch the situation develop. He immediately recognized both Commander Keyes and Leanna, but the other Starfleet type, he did not. He had an almost uncanny way of blending in.

Felicity Ellis

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on May 21, 2018, 10:07:25 AM

[Puzzles]

Leanna listened to what the gold shirted Lieutenant had to say and again couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right. Sensing the same coming from Commander Keyes behind her as she looked at the other Betazoid in front of her. Once he had finished she thought about the reason why he was here and knew for a fact that he had gotten his information wrong for a start as if there had been any injured then she would of notified Sickbay immediately. She also didn't believe him about Flick sending him down here either or that he was an Officer and had a feeling that he was definitely trying to hide something.

" I can assure you that everyone is fine including me so I'm not sure where you got that information about the bar being used as a refuge so no there isn't anyone needing assistance" she replied before opening her mind a little further to dig a little deeper.

Why don't you tell me the real reason you are here and who you are as I don't believe that your a Starfleet Officer

"The station is very much like a living, breathing body, isn't it?" It appeared that he was choosing to ignore what she'd said previously, both aloud and not. His eyes were focused on Leanna, staring without blinking, intensely intent on her only right then. After a few moments he smiled a small smile, breaking the prolonged eye contact.

"Some might call Puzzles its heart." He spread his arms and shrugged, the strange smile still plastered on his face. "It would stand to reason that 'The Heart' would seek to provide shelter for those in need."

The smile suddenly fell as he locked eyes with her again, and this time his mouth did not move. And we know that no living body can live without its heart. Or its lungs. Or its mind. Severing one would make for an interesting experiment, wouldn't it?

He chuckled then and continued to speak like nothing had happened. "I'm here to make sure that this heart is still beating."

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Kirok

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on May 20, 2018, 10:13:06 PM

Tritter was oddly comftorable with the rifle at the low ready, there was a certain... peace that the large Captain gained from being able to protect himself and those he cared about. He than nodded slightly to the Admiral, acknowledging their statement as he scanned the area for the others. He wanted to make sure their group was ready before they moved out. Make no mistake, they were moving out into hostile territory.

There was a certain... appreciation the Captain had for the Caitian Security Officer, he appreciated her attention to detail and familiarity with the job, as well as her tactical and weapons skills. She did remind him of himself in many ways. He noticed she moved into position in a prompt fashion. His gaze remained scanning the area to make sure that they had their entire away team assembled. He knew that there had been injuries due to the second energy blast, but now was the time for action and that they would have to work with what they had. It would be a few miles to the main activity area of the planet... Where the majority of their work would be done.

Once it was determined that everyone was with them, he started to step off and motioned for the crew to follow him. He kept his head on a swivel... Things would be coming their way soon enough, at least he had a few moments to get his bearings to the planet... The smells, the temperatures, the wind, all important things to consider in a tactical mission. They moved in a traditional wedge formation, which would serve to both protect them and provide better firing positions for when the excrement would hit the fan.

[Planet]

Kirok returned the nod to Tritter.  It was a simple enough action, but one filed with layers of information.  First it communicated the half-Vulcan's understanding that silence was the preferred way to go here.  It also communicated a certain level of trust in the Captain.

Kirok waited while the others assembled.  While he did so he looked around him.  Some of the plant life he had never seen before which came as no surprise, but interested the half Vulcan nonetheless.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Derek Black

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on May 20, 2018, 05:17:48 PM

[Sickbay]

Knox stirred as she felt the full breath she took fill her lungs but did not open her eyes or move.

I am, therefore I am ok.

"What? Where? Oh, sickbay. The Bridge! Is everything, is everyone ok?"

Knox attempted to sit up.

Ouch.

"Derek. I need you to do something that you are not going to like. Please can you help me stand up?"

They both knew that she meant help her get up and do whatever it took for her to join the away team. The unknowns on this novel planet were too much for them to be down there without them.

She looked to him and hoped he the concern in his expression would lessen just enough to comply to they duty to Starfleet.

"Derek, please."

[Sickbay]

Always running away. Derek gazed down at her with a flicker of sadness, and the sense of inevitability. "No." It came out easier and more firmly than he had intended. "No, Kath. Your cheek is being held in one piece by newly formed bone and a lot of hope. Beyond that, you might have noticed the pain inside your head. Even if I was just your physician, it'd be irresponsible to let you join the away team." He released Knox's hand abruptly, moving away from her to the bedside table for a hypospray. "Captain Tritter and this crew are more than capable of completing one mission without you."

"You can monitor their progress from the bridge." Derek conceded, stepping back to Knox's side and injecting her with the analgesic. "But if you start noticing dizziness, blurred vision, or that headache coming back and getting worse, you need to let me know." Slipping his arm behind her shoulders, Derek helped her sit up slowly. "Deal?"

Xander Dorset

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on May 20, 2018, 07:42:44 AM

[Sickbay]

Felicity's expression might have been just a tad disbelieving as she took Dorset's hand, listening to him blame the station itself for his current state. She might have chuckled at his manner of expression, had she not been distracted by his cut hand, or the fact that they were technically under attack.

She did, however, definitely wince when she peered closer at the deep slice. Gently she pressed down on his fingertips, straightening and stretching out his palm. She could see no sign of any broken shards still embedded, but a quick scan showed that the radial vein had been cut, explaining why the wound wasn't clotting. Still supporting the back of his hand with one of her own, she reached over toward the sterile tray beside the biobed and plucked a vascular regenerator from the instruments.

"This Ensign Edair of yours sounds sensible," she said as she returned her focus to his hand, "Had she not given you your marching orders you'd likely be knocked out on the lab floor, then what use would you be?" Dorset brought up a good point though, she thought, even if his concerns were primarily for his lab and its contents. It was very possible that the attack on the station was not over.

=/\= "Sickbay to Ops. What is our status?" =/\=

She needed to know if she should be expecting further casualties, or if other areas of the base should be commandeered for triage purposes. "This might sting a little," she muttered to Dorset as she paused in her use of the vascular regenerator and wiped a sterile pad over the palm of his hand.

=/\="Lieutenant Ellis, your presence in Ops is required immediately." =/\=

She raised a brow in surprise before glancing at Dorset. Just at that moment, a fresh wave of injured crew practically stumbled over Sickbay's threshold, and Felicity's attention wandered toward the door just in time to see the strange Lieutenant Lon make his exit. She frowned, doubt beginning to niggle at her. But there was no time to dwell, and there were much more pressing matters to attend to.

Dorset's hand, while not yet back to perfect working order, would do for the moment. "Let's go find out what's happening."

[Sickbay]

Xander rolled his eyes as Lieutenant Ellis praised Ensign Edair, but couldn't stop the soft smile from turning the corner of his lips up in silent agreement. What might have passed for a smile quickly disappeared as the Counselor poked and prodded his injured hand, but the thoughts about the Ensign remained in his head. She was a promising scientist - not as brilliant as he was, to be sure, but far more capable than most Starfleet scientists he had met. He had found cooperating with anyone other than T'Prina to be tiresome at best, but he was starting to think that perhaps it wouldn't be entirely awful working with the new Ensign.

He looked up from his mangled hand to the Counselor's face as she contacted Ops, eager to hear if there was any further threat to the lab. He hated waiting. And he hated not being in control of his own experiments. He was half-tempted to ask Ensign Ellis to work a little faster so that he could go back and make sure that Ensign Edair had everything under control, but, as he opened his mouth to do so, the vexing woman wiped a sterile pad over his palm, causing him to hiss and scowl as the antiseptics did their stinging work. He had a feeling that the Lieutenant enjoyed tormenting him - even if he knew that the sterile pad was part of standard medical procedure.

As the summons from Ops came through, Dorset forgot his internal grumblings and met Lieutenant Ellis's raised brows with his own furrowed ones. Well... That's not promising... His hand, while not fully healed, had at least stopped leaking blood at the alarming rate of before, and he no longer felt as if he would keel over without warning. Xander pulled his hand out of the distracted Counselor's grasp and grabbed a pack of antiquated sterile bandages, which he began haphazardly wrapping around the open wound on his palm. By the time Lieutenant Ellis suggested they go find out what was happening, Xander impatiently waved his sloppily (but still functionally) bandaged hand. "Well, come on then. Let's get going before something else happens."

"Impossible is nothing

Auzual Knox

Quote from: Derek Black on May 21, 2018, 06:34:57 PM

Always running away. Derek gazed down at her with a flicker of sadness, and the sense of inevitability. "No." It came out easier and more firmly than he had intended. "No, Kath. Your cheek is being held in one piece by newly formed bone and a lot of hope. Beyond that, you might have noticed the pain inside your head. Even if I was just your physician, it'd be irresponsible to let you join the away team." He released Knox's hand abruptly, moving away from her to the bedside table for a hypospray. "Captain Tritter and this crew are more than capable of completing one mission without you."

[Sickbay]

It was not often that Knox was speechless. Nor was it often for Derek to be so deadly serious with her. However, there they both were, in that moment, looking rather sternly in each other's direction.

No....?

She was relieved that the Captain was ok, but as Derek released her hand, she instinctively went to her face and realized that it felt strange. She wondered of how the pain relief deprived her of complete sensation and immediately became concerned for her symbiont.

Even if what, Derek?

Throbbing stopped her from over-thinking.

"The symbiont?"

Quote from: Derek Black on May 21, 2018, 06:34:57 PM

"You can monitor their progress from the bridge." Derek conceded, stepping back to Knox's side and injecting her with the analgesic. "But if you start noticing dizziness, blurred vision, or that headache coming back and getting worse, you need to let me know." Slipping his arm behind her shoulders, Derek helped her sit up slowly. "Deal?"

Strangely, a part of her actually found herself enjoying this side of him. It was not often he took the firmer side.  however, knew that the Captan would not enjoy the news. She looked to Derek as he helped her to sit up and attempted to convey 'no deal' however she found herself shocked by how much effort it felt to just lift herself up.

She shook her head, slightly and then admitted defeat.

"I may have to give in to you."

Her words were fractured by sharp intakes of breath as the strange painless pain dissipated in waves throughout her.

"Just this once."

She reached to the side of the biobed and attempted her best 'I am ok and in charge' posture.

=/\= Sickbay to Bridge. Report? =/\=

She looked over to Derek. He looked too concerned and kinda too annoyed. She tried to smile.

"I may not be able to leave for the Bridge just yet."

Knox had every intention of establishing some kind of Ops space right there next to the good painkillers.

"Derek. Could you pass me a PADD? A glass of water?"

And, can you stay next to me?

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Tracha Arjay

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on May 20, 2018, 10:13:06 PM

[Tinzu planet surface]

Arjay took position between a pair of security officers near the front. While her experience with a phaser and combat situations was limited, she had at least basic training. She imitated the actions of the others. Her phaser was held at the ready and survived the distant horizon for signs of danger.

The alien planet was a far cry from Bajor in all her glory. While at home she could see all that The Prophets chose to bless in all their glory, this planet lacked all of that. She turned her nose up at the strange smells she couldn't quite place and cautiously listened for strange noises.

Her finger twitched against the trigger with each new step. She was careful to watch her footing and keep pace with the others. Her heart raced in her chest. Had her mind not been focused on a possible hostile situation, this would have made for great inspiration for a song.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on May 21, 2018, 05:21:57 PM

"The station is very much like a living, breathing body, isn't it?" It appeared that he was choosing to ignore what she'd said previously, both aloud and not. His eyes were focused on Leanna, staring without blinking, intensely intent on her only right then. After a few moments he smiled a small smile, breaking the prolonged eye contact.

"Some might call Puzzles its heart." He spread his arms and shrugged, the strange smile still plastered on his face. "It would stand to reason that 'The Heart' would seek to provide shelter for those in need."

The smile suddenly fell as he locked eyes with her again, and this time his mouth did not move. And we know that no living body can live without its heart. Or its lungs. Or its mind. Severing one would make for an interesting experiment, wouldn't it?

He chuckled then and continued to speak like nothing had happened. "I'm here to make sure that this heart is still beating."

[Puzzles]

The way he looked at her so intently was cold and unnerving and the fact he had chosen to practically ignore what she had said both verbally and non verbally hadn't gone unnoticed either. This wasn't looking good for the mysterious impostor in front of her especially as he continued to speak in riddles although to Leanna understood a threat when she heard one whether it was unintentional or not.

When he finally broke eye contact, Leanna did spot another familiar face enter thankful that he was here should things turn ugly and she couldn't stop him herself.

Channelling everything she had not to let him get to her as he locked eyes with her once more and it was becoming more and more clear that he was no Starfleet Officer and that he intended to do harm in some form.

Not giving him any satisfaction or chance to over power her as she looked just intently back at him as he then chuckled and spoke out loud again.

I don't know who you think you are but you will not do any harm here and I'll make sure of it

Switching back to normal communication she glared at him. " Well thank you for the concern but we don't need any help as we're closed to the public until further notice and even then we can handle ourselves but I have no problem contacting Lieutenant Ellis to inform her and perhaps her and the Commander here can find out who you really are and why your wearing a uniform that doesn't belong to you".

Leanna had no problem challenging him especially with his actions and blatant disregard for anything she had said previously as no officer she knew would act that way.

Derek Black

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on May 21, 2018, 09:57:51 PM

She shook her head, slightly and then admitted defeat.

"I may have to give in to you."

Her words were fractured by sharp intakes of breath as the strange painless pain dissipated in waves throughout her.

"Just this once."

She reached to the side of the biobed and attempted her best 'I am ok and in charge' posture.

She looked over to Derek. He looked too concerned and kinda too annoyed. She tried to smile.

Knox had every intention of establishing some kind of Ops space right there next to the good painkillers.

[Sickbay]

Knox's easily given capitulation was more alarming to Derek than her actual condition, regardless of the biobed scanner's assertion that she was well on the road to recovery. "Once is enough. For now." He replied with a hint of his usual humour, picking up a spare PADD and handing it to her, aware that he was being an enabler. Pouring her a glass of water from a pitcher kept in the CMO's office, Derek walked back to Knox's side, resting his hip against the biobed as he faced her. "Kath, if you think you're going to turn sickbay into your own little office, you've got another thing coming." he warned, handing her the glass. "If you want, I can help you to your quarters, you can use your workstation in there."

Aryn Corliss

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on May 21, 2018, 09:57:51 PM

[Sickbay]

[Gibson - Bridge]

Aryn was in the middle of scanning the planet when Knox's call came through from Sickbay.

=/\= Commander! This is Corliss. I'm glad you're awake. The captain has taken an away team to the planet's surface. We are currently cloaked and in a synchronous orbit on the far side of the moon and I'm running scans looking for the source of the energy beam. I'm going to request more power to the scanners if possible. The atmosphere of the moon is interfering with my scans.

Damage is less than expected and damage control teams are handling repairs; all injuries have been dealt with.

Will you be returning to the Bridge, Commander?  =/\=

Aryn kept an eye on her console as she spoke, watching for energy spikes and keeping track of the away team's combadges.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.