Fleet Mission-Turning Point

Started by John Brown, April 30, 2014, 08:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Brown

[Churchill]

The Churchill was in dock with the rest of the task group the mood around the ship was indifferent the last time this happened and the Churchill met with the rest of the task-group one of there own was loss but will this be what comes this time.also since docking a few interesting things have happened firstly a group of Engineers from the Station spend the last hour Installing new equipment in the Ready Room as well as the Ground Deployment Centre.and as well Intellgience Agents from Starfleet Intellgience was seen meeting with various crewmembers for reasons unknown.The Crew now wait for Admiral Brown and Commander Grix to return

Jiseth

[Shuttle Bay 3]

With the doors retracted, Jiseth stared scowling beyond the force field. Her hands were behind her back, her body almost rigidly still. Lined up several meters behind her were the EPH, Fornell and Meru. The floor of her shuttle bay was still scorched and, moreover, she was furious that her plan to capture Greyson was incomplete. A day and a half she had put herself in a coma. Another to break into the hangar. There was a lot of thinking she had been trying to put off, but now she had the time to reflect on things and she was livid. Seething. Her blood was boiling in her veins. The three subordinates stood patiently, all in a similar stance as their Lieutenant. None were going to provoke a response from her unless she was willing to give one. For the time being, all four waited. Much would have to be done during the mission ahead.

Zero Alpha

[Sickbay]

Zero was furious.

Furious that she had woken up with a massive headache, strapped down on one of her own biobeds like some kind of science experiment and not completely sure what was happening.

Furious that Starfleet Medical still had its claws in her life, and that Command was still adamant about her remaining with the service until the day she dropped dead and therefore was no longer a danger to them.

But most of all, she was furious with Jiseth for the stunt she had pulled, faking her own death.  She wasn't sure whether it was the act itself, or her own reaction to it that she was angry about, but she was just angry.  She slammed a handful of PADDs down on her desk, stomping around and flopping into her chair, running her hands though her hair.  She hadn't spoken to the Romulan since the incident.  She hadn't even faced her.

How do I resolve this situation? she thought to herself.  Surely, I cannot remain in this state for the remainder of my life.  Do these emotions ever go away?

Species : Genetically Engineered Human

Archangel T'Koris/Ilana Telak/Persephone M'rai/Rachel Deacon

citrus_xsinensis

[Main Engineering, USS Churchill]

The Churchill was back in dock and most everyone was on the starbase taking their few hours of shore leave. Instead of having joined them, Bradley was busy in the Engineering Room, overseeing repairs and making sure everything went well. The Starbase Personnel had had to (with Bradley supervising) tear out the entirety of the patch job that Bradley had previously ordered and overseen. From here, they'd then had to rebuild and reinstall both of the Nacelles so that they could be back running as new. At present, the installation of the new Nacelle Parts was currently underway.

Bradley stood near the Master Console in Engineering, holding a Padd that had a checklist of what was done and what needed to still be done. Over the past five minutes he'd conversed with various people around him, giving orders or asking for information. Collaborating with those tasked with repairing the Churchill in order to make sure it was done correctly and to the specifications and standards that the Churchill required.

Several hours ago, he'd spent a fair amount of time crying alone in his quarters, unable to process the various emotions he'd felt when he'd learned that Amy and Scott had not, in fact, been killed, but had instead been taken captive and later returned (more or less) unharmed.

Now however, he looked over the Padd once and glanced around the Engineering Room. After a sigh that held a great deal many emotions and thoughts, he went back to the Padd in his hands. He knew that the necessary repairs would take a while, but he also knew they'd get the Churchill back to it's superb state.

Chira Arthur

Quote from: Zero Alpha on May 01, 2014, 07:11:04 AM

Zero was furious.

Furious that she had woken up with a massive headache, strapped down on one of her own biobeds like some kind of science experiment and not completely sure what was happening.

Furious that Starfleet Medical still had its claws in her life, and that Command was still adamant about her remaining with the service until the day she dropped dead and therefore was no longer a danger to them.

But most of all, she was furious with Jiseth for the stunt she had pulled, faking her own death.  She wasn't sure whether it was the act itself, or her own reaction to it that she was angry about, but she was just angry.  She slammed a handful of PADDs down on her desk, stomping around and flopping into her chair, running her hands though her hair.  She hadn't spoken to the Romulan since the incident.  She hadn't even faced her.

How do I resolve this situation? she thought to herself.  Surely, I cannot remain in this state for the remainder of my life.  Do these emotions ever go away?

[USS Churchill - Sickbay]

Chira hardly even flinched at the dull thud sounds that were coming from the CMO's office.  She'd gotten used to them, by now.  Chira didn't know if Dr. Alpha had a strength that matched her unnervingly-inhuman beauty, but she could well imagine that more than a few things would be broken in there.

Honestly...she couldn't blame Alpha for feeling the way she did.  Lieutenant Jiseth's suicide-ploy had deeply affected many crewmembers.  Chira herself had been shaken up to think that the vivacious Romulan girl had died.  She knew that Zero and Jiseth were in a relationship, so she couldn't begin to imagine how upset the doc must be.  And then there was Henriks - sweet, noble Henriks - and his own feelings for the woman.  A goddamn tidal wave of emotions, she thought.

And for what?  Well, Chira didn't know all of Jiseth's motives, but she sure as hell knew the aftermath - a crew that was shaken to their emotional core.  And that's where I come in, isn't it?  To quietly try and put these pieces back together, to follow in the wake of the madness of the great and mighty.  Well, that pretty much summed up her job.  Speaking of which...

Knowing that she would probably regret it, but also knowing that she would regret not trying more, Chira took a breath and moved over to the CMO's door, ringing the chime.

For full bio, just click that knowing smile.
Gabriel/Chira/Raynor
"May we never find space so vast, planets so cold, heart and mind so empty that we cannot fill them with love and warmth." - Dr. Tristan Adams

Zero Alpha

Quote from: Chira Arthur on May 01, 2014, 10:26:41 AM

[USS Churchill - Sickbay]
Knowing that she would probably regret it, but also knowing that she would regret not trying more, Chira took a breath and moved over to the CMO's door, ringing the chime.

[CMO's Office]

Zero looked up at the sound of the chime, scowling.  Who on Earth wanted to see her right now?  She didn't want to have to deal with pandering to stupid, lowly life forms and their whining over insignificant injuries.  Surely one of the nurses could take care of such things without calling on her all the time?

"What do you want?" she called.  The computer, recoginsing the phrase, allowed the door to slide open and admit the young human into Zero's office.

Chira Arthur

Quote from: Zero Alpha on May 01, 2014, 10:56:05 AM

Zero looked up at the sound of the chime, scowling.  Who on Earth wanted to see her right now?  She didn't want to have to deal with pandering to stupid, lowly life forms and their whining over insignificant injuries.  Surely one of the nurses could take care of such things without calling on her all the time?

"What do you want?" she called.  The computer, recoginsing the phrase, allowed the door to slide open and admit the young human into Zero's office.

[Sickbay]

Rolling her eyes, Chira sighed, schooling her face into a more openly-neutral expression as the door slid open.  Well, it's not like you didn't expect this, she thought.  She'd also not been expecting a friendly hug and an offer for a cup of coffee, either.  Quite frankly, the CMO's attitude was crap, but she had quite the excuse, this time.

Entering the office, Chira allowed the door to slip shut behind her, leaning against the frame in a casual manner, crossing her arms lightly.  "Permission to speak freely, ma'am?"

Gabriel/Chira/Raynor
"May we never find space so vast, planets so cold, heart and mind so empty that we cannot fill them with love and warmth." - Dr. Tristan Adams

Zero Alpha

Quote from: Chira Arthur on May 01, 2014, 12:27:43 PM

[Sickbay]

Rolling her eyes, Chira sighed, schooling her face into a more openly-neutral expression as the door slid open.  Well, it's not like you didn't expect this, she thought.  She'd also not been expecting a friendly hug and an offer for a cup of coffee, either.  Quite frankly, the CMO's attitude was crap, but she had quite the excuse, this time.

Entering the office, Chira allowed the door to slip shut behind her, leaning against the frame in a casual manner, crossing her arms lightly.  "Permission to speak freely, ma'am?"

[CMO's Office]

Zero looked up at the trainee counsellor with a decidedly unamused expression on her face.  Permission to speak freely?  Well, if she must, she groused to herself.

"Only if you have something intelligent to tell me, Crewman," she replied.

Chira Arthur

Quote from: Zero Alpha on May 01, 2014, 02:02:58 PM

[CMO's Office]

Zero looked up at the trainee counsellor with a decidedly unamused expression on her face.  Permission to speak freely?  Well, if she must, she groused to herself.

"Only if you have something intelligent to tell me, Crewman," she replied.

[CMO Office]

Alpha's tone was, of course, as expected.  Fixing a pleasant expression on her face, Chira nodded at the perfunctory permission.  Crossing the distance of the room, she swung the chair opposite the pale girl around, straddling it backwards, leaning her forearms across the back.  She gave a slightly-lopsided grin, resting her chin on her arms.  Chira was silent for a few moments, considering the doctor.  Finally, she spoke.

"I'm pissed off at her, too," she began, minus any preamble, glancing down at her nails.  "Really.  I know how upset everyone is, and I know it must pale in comparison to what you're feeling."  She winced, internally, at the mention of 'pale'.  Good job, dummy, she thought, she's probably heard that one her whole damn life.  "Anyway.  I think...well.  I think that whatever her reasons were, she must have felt trapped, with no other options.  If I may be so bold, ma'am...I don't think Lieutenant Jiseth is the type to ever hurt you, unless it's the only option left to her."  Chira knew that she was going out on a limb, but she felt it was needed.

Gabriel/Chira/Raynor

Zero Alpha

Quote from: Chira Arthur on May 01, 2014, 03:16:39 PM

[CMO Office]

Alpha's tone was, of course, as expected.  Fixing a pleasant expression on her face, Chira nodded at the perfunctory permission.  Crossing the distance of the room, she swung the chair opposite the pale girl around, straddling it backwards, leaning her forearms across the back.  She gave a slightly-lopsided grin, resting her chin on her arms.  Chira was silent for a few moments, considering the doctor.  Finally, she spoke.

"I'm pissed off at her, too," she began, minus any preamble, glancing down at her nails.  "Really.  I know how upset everyone is, and I know it must pale in comparison to what you're feeling."  She winced, internally, at the mention of 'pale'.  Good job, dummy, she thought, she's probably heard that one her whole damn life.  "Anyway.  I think...well.  I think that whatever her reasons were, she must have felt trapped, with no other options.  If I may be so bold, ma'am...I don't think Lieutenant Jiseth is the type to ever hurt you, unless it's the only option left to her."  Chira knew that she was going out on a limb, but she felt it was needed.

[CMO's Office]

Raising an eyebrow slightly, Zero's expression turned from unamused to bored.  She leant back in her chair, considering the woman in front of her.  To an onlooker, it would appear strange that the teenager held a higher rank and position than the young woman.  It never felt strange to Zero though, not when she knew the truth about her abilities.

"I did not require anyone to state the obvious, Crewman," she replied coolly.  "You can rest assured that if I knew a way in which to make these irritating emotions stop, I would."

Jiseth

[Shuttle Bay 3]

"Return to your quarters." The three flight department members perked up at the voice of their Lieutenant, "There's nothing to be done until the Captain and Executive Officer return. Go on standby..." "Yes, lady Jiseth," the three replied hesitantly. They looked to each other before turning and filing out into the corridor.

The silence seemed deafening in the shuttle bay. There only the slight whisper of the ventilation system. Her eyes trailed down to the floor's burn marks. Jiseth's teeth clenched as with a growl she raised her fist. Lunging down she began punching into the hangar floor, only stopping when she noticed her hands wet with green and her knuckles weeping. Held up by her hands and knees, she could feel beads of sweat accumulating on her face and neck, a sudden rush of adrenaline. With a sigh she looked up to the ceiling and sat upright, her legs moving to one side.

=/\= Chief Medical Officer to Shuttle Bay 3... =/\=

Chira Arthur

Quote from: Zero Alpha on May 01, 2014, 03:26:21 PM

[CMO's Office]

Raising an eyebrow slightly, Zero's expression turned from unamused to bored.  She leant back in her chair, considering the woman in front of her.  To an onlooker, it would appear strange that the teenager held a higher rank and position than the young woman.  It never felt strange to Zero though, not when she knew the truth about her abilities.

"I did not require anyone to state the obvious, Crewman," she replied coolly.  "You can rest assured that if I knew a way in which to make these irritating emotions stop, I would."

[CMO's Office]

Smiling, Chira shrugged lightly.  "I know it's a little fundamental, doctor.  But...well.  A lot of times it's best to begin at the beginning."

She was a little stymied, now.  Alright, you started the conversation.  Now where do you want to go with it?  "That's the thing about emotions, though.  There's no switch for 'em.  We just...have to work through them, and give them time."  Standing, she spun the chair back around properly, sitting back into it, and resting her hands on the desktop.  "When was the last time you spoke to her?"

Gabriel/Chira/Raynor

James Booth

Quote from: Jiseth on May 01, 2014, 04:04:26 PM

[Shuttle Bay 3]

"Return to your quarters." The three flight department members perked up at the voice of their Lieutenant, "There's nothing to be done until the Captain and Executive Officer return. Go on standby..." "Yes, lady Jiseth," the three replied hesitantly. They looked to each other before turning and filing out into the corridor.

The silence seemed deafening in the shuttle bay. There only the slight whisper of the ventilation system. Her eyes trailed down to the floor's burn marks. Jiseth's teeth clenched as with a growl she raised her fist. Lunging down she began punching into the hangar floor, only stopping when she noticed her hands wet with green and her knuckles weeping. Held up by her hands and knees, she could feel beads of sweat accumulating on her face and neck, a sudden rush of adrenaline. With a sigh she looked up to the ceiling and sat upright, her legs moving to one side.

Shuttle Bay 3

Jimmy stepped aside as heentered the bay, allowing the the Flight team to depart. Immediately locking his sight onto Lieutenant Jiseth. He took a deep breath and made his way to the Chief Flight Officer. He frowned as he saw her seemingly lost in thought, as she gazed out into space. Clearing his throat to announce himself.

"Lieutenant, I was wondering if I could have a word."

Natalya Simonova 'Natalya sipped her drink again before turning to look at Booth "His exact words were stay away from Jimmy Booth he makes James T Kirk look like a Vulcan monk"'

Zero Alpha

Quote from: Chira Arthur on May 01, 2014, 04:13:12 PM

[CMO's Office]

Smiling, Chira shrugged lightly.  "I know it's a little fundamental, doctor.  But...well.  A lot of times it's best to begin at the beginning."

She was a little stymied, now.  Alright, you started the conversation.  Now where do you want to go with it?  "That's the thing about emotions, though.  There's no switch for 'em.  We just...have to work through them, and give them time."  Standing, she spun the chair back around properly, sitting back into it, and resting her hands on the desktop.  "When was the last time you spoke to her?"

[CMO's Office]

Zero narrowed her eyes at the trainee counsellor.  This was starting to sound like one of the many, many sessions she had spent with the tutors assigned to her to teach her how to integrate properly into society.  Since she still knew little about the woman in front of her, Zero was loathed to trust her completely until she knew that she wasn't reporting back to Admiral Corinth.

She folded her arms, studying Chira for a moment before she finally spoke.  "I have not spoken with her since the announcement that she was still alive."

Quote from: Jiseth on May 01, 2014, 04:04:26 PM

Zero rolled her eyes up to the ceiling in something resembling annoyed despair.  "Although it looks as if that may have to change." 

Jiseth

Quote from: James Booth on May 01, 2014, 04:29:13 PM

Shuttle Bay 3

Jimmy stepped aside as heentered the bay, allowing the the Flight team to depart. Immediately locking his sight onto Lieutenant Jiseth. He took a deep breath and made his way to the Chief Flight Officer. He frowned as he saw her seemingly lost in thought, as she gazed out into space. Clearing his throat to announce himself.

"Lieutenant, I was wondering if I could have a word."

[Shuttle Bay 3]

Jiseth blinked and snapped out of her trance although she stared straight ahead still. There was no use covering up her bloodied hands which were stinging and yet numb at the same time. There were a few quiet breaths before she responded, "What is it, Chief..?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.