News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Season Four:Mission 01: Consequences

Started by John Brown, January 27, 2014, 02:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian Grix

Quote from: William Carver on January 27, 2014, 06:46:59 AM

Carver was angered whilst the lights went out, even though it was only a few seconds, it still proved the severe incompetance of the crew.

The Captain folded his arms over his chest, suffice it to say he was not amused at that precise moment. With an angered frown he looked to Grix. "You can start by explaining your insubordination in the briefing room and give me one good reason why I should't throw you in the brig?"

As the lights flickered Grix, closed his eyes briefly gathering himself for the storm he knew was coming.

"Sir, it was not intended as insubordination, I was merely trying to point out that in my opinion you are not only setting targets that are unrealistic, you then take people from their assigned tasks to put skilled workers on tasks the average Spacedock worker could do" he paused looking at the Captain "Sir this crew has literally been to hell and back, if you want this ship ready to leave, let me do my job sir, a job i'm damn good at and i guarantee i'll have her ready"

"......and to address your other question I know this ship better than anyone Captain, if you want her working then i need to be here and if that is not a good enough a reason then please throw me in the brig, i could use a rest, i've been pulling 20 hour shifts and sleeping at my desk for two weeks now" Grix decided now wasn't the time to mention the Brig forcefields had not been repaired yet.

Raynor Hughes

Quote from: Maria Dyson on January 27, 2014, 04:38:29 AM

[Science Lab 1]

Cadet Maria Dyson sat in the lab carrying out various tests and experiments, as part of her course work for Starfleet Academy. It was all mundane stuff and was to be quite honest very boring. She'd been away from the Churchill for a little over a month and had returned after he leave had ended two days before.

Things had changed on the ship now, Captain Mike Anderson had been moved to another ship and the Admiral was stuck in an office. Even Lieutenant Commander Jon Tulley was on another ship now. One good thing she had discovered, was that a Clone of the old Captain was on the ship and she was determined to make friends with him. When she'd seen him earlier, he looked really lonely eating his breakfast.

[Corridors]

The vibe of the ship, sitting as it was and preparing for launch, felt to Raynor as taut as catgut.  Not so much unlike the feeling before the Churchill undertook its clandestine mission to rescue the admiral, who was currently, according to the rumor mill, chained to a desk.  Figuratively speaking, that is.  The Great Bird alone knew what he'd been chained to on that planetoid.

Hughes nodded to a few crewmen as he passed, making his way to the sciences department.  He tended to be gregarious, due to his large size and Klingon nature, and thus seemed to make friends easily.  When he felt like it.  Today, well, he wasn't sure what kind of day it would be.  The lower-decks chatter indicated that the ship's new CO was a hard-nosed, persnickety man, quite the opposite of Captain Anderson, late of the Churchill.  Oh well.  Cadets didn't have much interaction with senior staff, and Raynor had grown up around Klingons.  He wasn't afraid of a pugnacious leader, as long as the man wasn't a fool.

[Science Lab One]

As the lab door slid open, Raynor was surprised to see another cadet there already, hard at work.  She was a second-termer, like himself, but they'd never met.  The girl seemed hard at work on something, so Raynor made a conspicuous amount of noise in shuffling in, so as not to sneak up and spook her.  "Good morning," he called out.  "Another thrilling day in the life of science cadets, hm?"

Klingon/Terran hybrid.  For full bio, just click the ridges.
To look into the eyes of the wolf is to see your own soul. - old Earth proverb

William Carver

Quote from: Christian Grix on January 27, 2014, 07:03:27 AM

As the lights flickered Grix, closed his eyes briefly gathering himself for the storm he knew was coming.

"Sir, it was not intended as insubordination, I was merely trying to point out that in my opinion you are not only setting targets that are unrealistic, you then take people from their assigned tasks to put skilled workers on tasks the average Spacedock worker could do" he paused looking at the Captain "Sir this crew has literally been to hell and back, if you want this ship ready to leave, let me do my job sir, a job i'm damn good at and i guarantee i'll have her ready"

"......and to address your other question I know this ship better than anyone Captain, if you want her working then i need to be here and if that is not a good enough a reason then please throw me in the brig, i could use a rest, i've been pulling 20 hour shifts and sleeping at my desk for two weeks now" Grix decided now wasn't the time to mention the Brig forcefields had not ben repaired yet.

Carver wasn't convinced by Grix's explanation. "SO tell me Commander, when I gave you the targets two weeks ago. Nobody said they were unrealistic then, so why are they now all of a sudden." His thoughts turned to the mention of skilled labor. "As for your repair teams, I'm glad they have time to play cards during duty shift hours or have unauthorized coffee breaks. Would you like to see the list Mr Martland has prepared, because I sure as hell didn't want to, that is why they were punished." Perching on the desk. "I don't know what passed for discipline on this ship, when Admiral or that pathetic excuse for a Captain Anderson ran things, but rest assured I will only settle for the best. You have forty eight hours to finish, then I will perform an inspection and If I find anything amiss......" Carver hoped he didn't need to finish that part of his speech. "Now get out and take McConnell with you!"

Christian Grix

Quote from: William Carver on January 27, 2014, 07:55:29 AM

Carver wasn't convinced by Grix's explanation. "SO tell me Commander, when I gave you the targets two weeks ago. Nobody said they were unrealistic then, so why are they now all of a sudden." His thoughts turned to the mention of skilled labor. "As for your repair teams, I'm glad they have time to play cards during duty shift hours or have unauthorized coffee breaks. Would you like to see the list Mr Martland has prepared, because I sure as hell didn't want to, that is why they were punished." Perching on the desk. "I don't know what passed for discipline on this ship, when Admiral or that pathetic excuse for a Captain Anderson ran things, but rest assured I will only settle for the best. You have forty eight hours to finish, then I will perform an inspection and If I find anything amiss......" Carver hoped he didn't need to finish that part of his speech. "Now get out and take McConnell with you!"

Jumped up, snotty nosed desk pilot, wonder who he thinks he is Grix thought inwardly before looking at the man in front of him"Captain Anderson had one thing that can't be bought or forced upon the crew, he earned their respect" Grix snapped before turning on his heel and walking out of the ready room as ordered.

"Cayden apparently we are dismissed" he said as he saw his friend in the Briefing Room.

Bridge

As soon as he entered the bridge Christian saw the engineer now known as Scott sitting against the console, looking at his hand =/\=Bridge to Sickbay, Lt Anderson has major burns to his hand and on his way to sickbay =/\= he knelt by Anderson's side "Scott, what happened? You get yourself to sickbay now i'll sort this"

He then turned to look up at the First Officer "This will keep happening as long as he pushes the men too hard and punishes them for taking a breather!" from where he was he couldn't see who else was listening and at the moment he didn't really care.

Jack Martland

Quote from: Christian Grix on January 27, 2014, 08:12:34 AM

Jumped up, snotty nosed desk pilot, wonder who he thinks he is Grix thought inwardly before looking at the man in front of him"Captain Anderson had one thing that can't be bought or forced upon the crew, he earned their respect" Grix snapped before turning on his heel and walking out of the ready room as ordered.

"Cayden apparently we are dismissed" he said as he saw his friend in the Briefing Room.

Bridge

As soon as he entered the bridge Christian saw the engineer now known as Scott sitting against the console, looking at his hand =/\=Bridge to Sickbay, Lt Anderson has major burns to his hand and on his way to sickbay =/\= he knelt by Anderson's side "Scott, what happened? You get yourself to sickbay now i'll sort this"

He then turned to look up at the First Officer "This will keep happening as long as he pushes the men too hard and punishes them for taking a breather!" from where he was he couldn't see who else was listening and at the moment he didn't really care.

[Briefing Room]

Jack stood up then picking up his PADD he walked out to the Bridge

[Bridge]

Jack walked towards the Tatical Station and pulled up details from the Weapon Systems he looked over at Scott then he walked over.

"Here Take this; you have fried three Phaser Relays" Finished Martland pushes a PADD into Scott Andersons Burn hand turning "I Hope Lieutenant Commander Grix your other Engineering Staff have the ability to repair systems or might I suggest those who are not up to the task be sent off the Ship I am Sure there are some that can be better suited not on a Starship or in Starfleet for that matter" Finished Martland

Christian Grix

Quote from: Jack Martland on January 27, 2014, 09:03:18 AM

[Briefing Room]

Jack stood up then picking up his PADD he walked out to the Bridge

[Bridge]

Jack walked towards the Tatical Station and pulled up details from the Weapon Systems he looked over at Scott then he walked over.

"Here Take this; you have fried three Phaser Relays" Finished Martland pushes a PADD into Scott Andersons Burn hand turning "I Hope Lieutenant Commander Grix your other Engineering Staff have the ability to repair systems or might I suggest those who are not up to the task be sent off the Ship I am Sure there are some that can be better suited not on a Starship or in Starfleet for that matter" Finished Martland

It took every ounce of Grix' self control to not punch Martland where he stood, instead he stood up and got up close to the Lieutenant "Why don't you go back to the Cardassian garbage scow you were obviously trained on". Grix took the PADD from Scott "I will sort this. Lt Anderson will report to sickbay on my authority"

He then spoke very quietly directly to Martland "And if you think your tough guy act is working think again, you are nothing but a bully and I am watching you, remember that LT Martland!"

Jack Martland

Quote from: Christian Grix on January 27, 2014, 09:24:12 AM

It took every ounce of Grix' self control to not punch Martland where he stood, instead he stood up and got up close to the Lieutenant "Why don't you go back to the Cardassian garbage scow you were obviously trained on". Grix took the PADD from Scott "I will sort this. Lt Anderson will report to sickbay on my authority"

He then spoke very quietly directly to Martland "And if you think your tough guy act is working think again, you are nothing but a bully and I am watching you, remember that LT Martland!"

"I am quite aware your experiences Lieutenant Commander, and is that a threat I hope its not for your sake as striking another officer is a Court Marshal Offence I hope you Intellectually aware of Federation Law when it comes to that, and it is my job to matian the Security of this Ship from any Security Risks I am Sure Captain Carver would like to be made aware of failures in your Department" Finished Martland

Jiseth

A Type 2 shuttle finished a long banking turn and lined up with the stern. Jiseth had spent most of the last two weeks in holodeck simulators and making shuttle flights when she wasn't with her family, though she did find time to spend with some of the other cadets. As far as matters of the chain of command, she knew it would be a chaotic affair. The admiral may have a crummy job now, but at least he's alive... she thought. As she neared the ship she began preparing her landing checklist.

=^= USS Churchill, Shuttlecraft Thorne. Oddball on approach, could you leave the back door open? =^=

Christian Grix

Quote from: Jack Martland on January 27, 2014, 09:40:15 AM

"I am quite aware your experiences Lieutenant Commander, and is that a threat I hope its not for your sake as striking another officer is a Court Marshal Offence I hope you Intellectually aware of Federation Law when it comes to that, and it is my job to maintain the Security of this Ship from any Security Risks I am Sure Captain Carver would like to be made aware of failures in your Department" Finished Martland

"NO, it is not a threat Lieutenant I don't make threats! as for failures I don't think you should be watching us so closely when your own house isn't in order, i would suggest you take a look at the calbration of YOUR targetting sensors" Grix turned his back on Martland to help Scott to his feet.

"Oh and you might want to answer that hail before we lose a shuttle"

Cayden McConnell

McConnell stood between the two men.

"STAND DOWN!"

Looking at Grix, he spoke to the engineer.

"Go check on your engineer. Report his condition and status."

Turning to Martland, he gestured to the tactical console.

"Don't you have other matters to attend to, Lieutenant?"

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Christian Grix

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on January 27, 2014, 10:25:50 AM

McConnell stood between the two men.

"STAND DOWN!"

Looking at Grix, he spoke to the engineer.

"Go check on your engineer. Report his condition and status."

Turning to Martland, he gestured to the tactical console.

"Don't you have other matters to attend to, Lieutenant?"

"Yes Sir" Grix nodded to Cayden and then to Martland "Lieutenant"

"Come on Scott let's get you sorted, i don't need one of the best engineers on this ship, struggling to use his hands. He turned and walked towards the Turbolift waiting for Anderson to accompany him.

npc3

Quote from: Christian Grix on January 27, 2014, 10:39:26 AM

"Yes Sir" Grix nodded to Cayden and then to Martland "Lieutenant"

"Come on Scott let's get you sorted, i don't need one of the best engineers on this ship, struggling to use his hands. He turned and walked towards the Turbolift waiting for Anderson to accompany him.

Scott felt terrible over what had happened, it could never be a good sign if Senior Officers were arguing in public. Although the XO had stepped in and shut them down, before it had the chance to escalate to something nasty. Cradling his hand close to his chest, the Lieutenant followed Lt Cmdr Grix into the turbolift.

"I'm truly sorry Commander, I didn't mean to cause trouble. It seems that's all I'm made for, perhaps Lieutenant Martland is right, I shouldn't be here!"

Cayden McConnell

McConnell watched as the two men entered the turbolift and headed to sickbay. Turning he addressed Lieutenant Martland. He leaned in close to the tactical officer and kept his voice at a whisper.

"I am unsure as to how things were done at your previous posting but on the Churchill,  we do not openly argue with fellow department heads. If you have an issue with a department head, you come to me. You do not hold shouting matches on the bridge or accuse a shipmate of incompetence in front of others. Understood?"

Turning McConnell pressed a button on the comm panel and opened a channel to the shuttle.

=/\= Churchill to Shuttle. You are approved for your approach and the bay doors are open. =/\=

As if he had an after thought, McConnell turned back to face Martland.

"Lieutenant,  understand that the Chief Engineer and I will be discussing his actions as well."

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Christian Grix

Quote from: Scott Anderson on January 27, 2014, 10:49:26 AM

Scott felt terrible over what had happened, it could never be a good sign if Senior Officers were arguing in public. Although the XO had stepped in and shut them down, before it had the chance to escalate to something nasty. Cradling his hand close to his chest, the Lieutenant followed Lt Cmdr Grix into the turbolift.

"I'm truly sorry Commander, I didn't mean to cause trouble. It seems that's all I'm made for, perhaps Lieutenant Martland is right, I shouldn't be here!"

"Scott, you have nothing to be sorry for, you are one of the best engineers on the ship, Martland is a bully and a bigot it is him who doesn't belong in Starfleet"

Grix slumped against the lift walls and looked to Scott "You get to sickbay and then report to me in main engineering, that's an order" he smiled knowing only two men on board could over turn that"

He then stood deep in thought and dread as he realised a way Martland could try to get to him. If he touches her, I will kill him!

Jack Martland

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on January 27, 2014, 11:01:58 AM

McConnell watched as the two men entered the turbolift and headed to sickbay. Turning he addressed Lieutenant Martland. He leaned in close to the tactical officer and kept his voice at a whisper.

"I am unsure as to how things were done at your previous posting but on the Churchill,  we do not openly argue with fellow department heads. If you have an issue with a department head, you come to me. You do not hold shouting matches on the bridge or accuse a shipmate of incompetence in front of others. Understood?"

Turning McConnell pressed a button on the comm panel and opened a channel to the shuttle.

=/\= Churchill to Shuttle. You are approved for your approach and the bay doors are open. =/\=

As if he had an after thought, McConnell turned back to face Martland.

"Lieutenant,  understand that the Chief Engineer and I will be discussing his actions as well."

[Bridge]

Jack turned and faced the Commander then he spoke towards him.

"Commander, I am not pussy footing around if there is an issue I will jump in and resolve it as Captain Carver already has reported that the U.S.S Churchill is not 100% and we need to get this Ship up to scratch.If you already aren't aware the Federation is at War and if this Ship is Ambushed by Gorn Vessels if this Ship is damaged or destroyed this is not going to happen on my Watch my Job is Ship Security.Within that Job I must make sure every member of this crew will not affect Ship Security as Commander as Per the Captain's Orders all Officers are to have their Security Clearances Checked if they are unable to fulfil their duties they will be removed from Position.These are the Facts Commander and if you don't like It its up to you to decide what to do its not up to me to decide.And if you call that an Argument I don't know what been going on around here as this is the first I have seen Officers threaten other Officers or insubordinate towards the Captain and Commanding Officer of this Ship" Finished Martland as he walked towards the Tactical Station "I will be noting what Happen in my Report to the Captain regarding all Personal aboard this ship" Added Jack

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.