S2 M7 - The Two Wolves

Started by Solluk, May 18, 2020, 03:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solluk

Katra Station - Operational Control Center

=/\= USS Healy to Katra Station. We have been caught in some kind of subspace trap. We must assume that the distress call was false; there was no Karemma freighter and no Wanderer attack. However, we managed to escape the trap and are now heading back to the station. t'Lhoell out. =/\=
It had been hours since contact had been lost with the Healy.  When the transmission finally came, Solluk breathed a sigh of relief.  He tapped an icon on the console by his chair.

=/\= Glad to hear you made it out, Captain.  We'll stay in ready status until you get back home. =/\=

Soon enough, the Healy was on the main viewscreen, returning from her strange ordeal.  It seemed as though she'd fallen into a trap... but it was a trap with no clear purpose.  She'd been able to get out of it immediately, and nothing had coincided with her entrapment.  It was as though a hunter had set a snare and then fallen asleep while a Le-matya got caught and then escaped, with the hunter none the wiser.

A few minutes later, the Healy was docked, and a new message came from Commander t'Lhoell:

=/\= t'Lhoell to Captain Solluk. I'm reporting back on duty on Katra. I have ordered the Healy's crew to remain on board and on ready status for I'm not sure what to make of that subspace trap and the fake distress call. In case an attack might be imminent, the Healy will be ready. Do you wish a meetup, sir?  =/\=

Solluk tapped his own badge, =/\= I'll meet you in my ready room.  Coffee or tea? =/\=

While he waited for a response, he smiled over to Saxon, "You have the bridge, Mr. Saxon.  I know it's been a long shift.  Find out which of the junior officers is on rotation to get some OCC time.  I think we'll all need some sleep after this."

Katra Station - Earlier - Medbay

When asked if he had any medical problems, or had endured any similar seizures in the past, Tarin broke eye contact with Beja.  "I am perfectly healthy, and always have been.  And if anyone asks, I expect you to repeat that.  Exactly that, and nothing else."

The Meridian government was simple and straightforward.  If Tarin was incapacitated, or had an incapacitating illness, then the runner-up of the most recent election would become the acting President until the next election cycle.  The man could not afford for it to become known that he was having seizures.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Rayek trLhoell

Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Deck 2 - s'Lhoell quarters](the evening previous)

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on May 26, 2020, 10:38:12 AM

Lt. Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell (6 months pregnant)
[Katra Station - Deck 2 - s'Lhoell quarters] (the evening previous)

Tess smiled when she felt Rayek entering her mind. Although the connection was initiated solely by him Tess his presence in her mind very comforting and beautiful. She knew that technically he could invade her mind without her even noticing it but she wasn't concerned for that to ever happen. Rayek had always been honest with her from day one and she had no reason to believe that it might change.

Tess didn't close her eyes but she kept her happy gaze on Rayek's warm brown eyes. She loved to read his facial expression together with the thoughts he let her read in his mind.
That he was so happy to have a son made Tess' heart glench with happiness. She understood that it meant a lot to him because with a son he had more to relate to his own family. That he wanted to have more daughter too made her smile.

Rayek would be able to read in her mind how happy she, too, was with a boy. What really made her the happiest was that she was able to give a child to him - and hopefully more children in the future. That she was able to be a part of fulfulling that dream for him. And she couldn't help but recall their very first meld when she had been only an Ensign and was so shaken by the Numati delusion, just like he had been. That night when she had dared to share her - inappropriate - fantasy of having children with her XO. But now that dream had become true - and just like her fantasy back then when she had shared it with him for them to have a boy first it too was about to become true. Their baby even seemed to have caught the distinctive Romulan features like she had hoped back then. Maybe he'd have her blue eyes. But even if their son would have brown eyes like Rayek, Tess would be perfectly happy with a little perfect mini-Rayek.

As always her mind opened invitingly to his mental presence and he was able to not only share his thoughts and joy but also read her own.   Her thoughts went back to just after the Numati delusion and that wonderful moment when she shared with him her dream to have his children.  That moment saved him.  She saved him.  From a life of loneliness and emptiness - a life devoid of family or connection.

With her mind open and entwined with his, Rayek gently guided her awareness towards the other presence with them...  that of their son.

Since their wedding night, when he first sensed the growing ember of consciousness within Tess' womb, Rayek was always cautious to not interact with the fetus' growing mind, lest he inadvertently influence or harm the baby unintentionally.  But that didn't mean he didn't love to just 'distantly feel' its presence.  This however was the first time he brought Tess' mind along as well.

He remained holding Tess close to him, basking in the love and acceptance of her mind, and letting the wonder of their son's presence fill him for a long time before he reluctantly withdrew.

Below leaving Tess' mind completely he reiterated to her what should be self-evident to her,
"I-jol au, taeth e'lev. Hwiiy aellei mnei aadhoiurr'u taeth rehvie."* (*translation: I love you, my darling.  You and our son are my world.)

Though Rayek 'spoke' the words in Romulan, the meaning of his 'words' carried fully across through the meld.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell
[USS Healy - Deck 1 - Bridge] (returning to station)

[USS Healy - Bridge - on the way back to the station]

Now, that had been strange. Tess took a deep breath after they had put enough space between the place they had been trapped in and themselves. She had ordered Ensign Stewart to take them home directly. She really didn't want to risk to get caught in such a trap again. Due to the heavy interference an investigation was impossible.

Tess looked to the Ops officer at the console in front of her. "Ensign Oloze, open a channel to Katra Station." Nadia complied.  =/\= "USS Healy to Katra Station. We have been caught in some kind of subspace trap. We must assume that the distress call was false; there was no Karemma freighter and no Wanderer attack. However, we managed to escape the trap and are now heading back to the station. t'Lhoell out." =/\=

Rayek seated at Tactical listened as Tess gave her report to the Captain.  Her words caused a bit of a frown.  It felt so 'off' having her in the Command seat, while he was stuck at tactical.  He knew that role should be his! Yet at the same time he was so proud of Tess.  She'd done so very well to ensure they escaped the subspace trap safely.  He couldn't have done better.
Quote from: Solluk on May 26, 2020, 11:12:00 PM

=/\= Glad to hear you made it out, Captain.  We'll stay in ready status until you get back home. =/\=

Glancing over his shoulder towards her, as the Captain responded back, Rayek was struck by  just how much he loved her.   It seemed to him he would never tire of loving her.

And with that thought in mind, his glance slipped to the Captain's Ready Room.  A brief smile replaced his frown before his expression smoothed to its professional demeanor.  He waited until Tess was done speaking with Solluk, before turning to Tess with slight twinkle to his dark eyes.

"Captain, if I may?  I'd like to speak to you regarding a personal matter in your Ready Room?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Saucer 1 ] (upon arrival at the station)

[Hours later ... arriving at Katra Station]

[Katra Station - Customs]

Tess had waited for Rayek and Hrafn to disembark with them together. While they were on their way, Tess tapped her comm badge.  =/\= "t'Lhoell to Captain Solluk. I'm reporting back on duty on Katra. I have ordered the Healy's crew to remain on board and on ready status for I'm not sure what to make of that subspace trap and the fake distress call. In case an attack might be imminent, the Healy will be ready. Do you wish a meetup, sir?" =/\=

Solluk tapped his own badge, =/\= I'll meet you in my ready room.  Coffee or tea? =/\=

While he waited for a response, he smiled over to Saxon, "You have the bridge, Mr. Saxon.  I know it's been a long shift.  Find out which of the junior officers is on rotation to get some OCC time.  I think we'll all need some sleep after this."

Rayek walking beside Tess smothered his mirth at just hearing the term Ready Room.  He wondered if there would be an opportunity to ever 'borrow' that one too.   Not that anyone would know what went on behind closed doors on the Healy.  Rayek, using Tess' authorization, had ensured all recordings of their tryst earlier were wiped and replacement footage copied over in its place.  It wasn't a perfect fabrication, but should pass a cursory search.

With Tess headed off to meet with the Captain, Rayek figured he'd best call into Saxon to see if he was needed anywhere or if he was good to go off-shift.  He gave Tess a potent nod in parting as she headed off, wanting to say he couldn't wait til they were both off-shift and could be together but Hrafn was right there and despite being married, somethings just shouldn't be spoken in public.  His paranoia just wouldn't allow it.

=/\= "tr'Lhoell to Lieutenant Saxon.  The Healy has returned.  Do you need the mission report immediately or am I good to call it a day?" =/\=

Afterwards receiving Saxon's response, Rayek paused to give a slight smirk to Hrafn. The woman knew him almost as well as Tess did. And while he suspected she knew what the two of them had been 'discussing' in the Healy's Ready room, he trusted her to keep quiet about it unless she was wearing a mind-reading device.

That device while proving Tidu was still alive in a non-corporeal dimension, had also recorded all her unwholesome thoughts about him.. which of course had been read by her husband.  Rayek had to wonder if  Tekin Nevir had any say in his demotion.  The Romulan wouldn't put it past the man.

Ignoring his paranoid worry that her husband was watching him even now Rayek thought it would be nice to .  "Are you done for the day?  If so say Hi to the kids, tell them 'Uncle' Rayek misses them."

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Hrafn Falleg

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on May 27, 2020, 05:57:46 AM

Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell

Rayek walking beside Tess smothered his mirth at just hearing the term Ready Room.  He wondered if there would be an opportunity to ever 'borrow' that one too.   Not that anyone would know what went on behind closed doors on the Healy.  Rayek, using Tess' authorization, had ensured all recordings of their tryst earlier were wiped and replacement footage copied over in its place.  It wasn't a perfect fabrication, but should pass a cursory search.

With Tess headed off to meet with the Captain, Rayek figured he'd best call into Saxon to see if he was needed anywhere or if he was good to go off-shift.  He gave Tess a potent nod in parting as she headed off, wanting to say he couldn't wait til they were both off-shift and could be together but Hrafn was right there and despite being married, somethings just shouldn't be spoken in public.  His paranoia just wouldn't allow it.

=/\= "tr'Lhoell to Lieutenant Saxon.  The Healy has returned.  Do you need the mission report immediately or am I good to call it a day?" =/\=

Afterwards receiving Saxon's response, Rayek paused to give a slight smirk to Hrafn. The woman knew him almost as well as Tess did. And while he suspected she knew what the two of them had been 'discussing' in the Healy's Ready room, he trusted her to keep quiet about it unless she was wearing a mind-reading device.

That device while proving Tidu was still alive in a non-corporeal dimension, had also recorded all her unwholesome thoughts about him.. which of course had been read by her husband.  Rayek had to wonder if  Tekin Nevir had any say in his demotion.  The Romulan wouldn't put it past the man.

Ignoring his paranoid worry that her husband was watching him even now Rayek thought it would be nice to .  "Are you done for the day?  If so say, tell them 'Uncle' Rayek misses them."

"Done enough that I can swing by Sciences, pick up any PADDs and work on them while the kids play after dinner. You know a departmental head is both departed from her marbles, mental and never truly off duty! Depart...mental... get it?! Especially if called into Ready Rooms!"  Hrafn answered with an answering smile.  She figured what was going on in the Ready Room, and it delighted her that her friends were married and so loving together, yet managed to keep the professional front on duty.  She still gave him the 'lifted eyebrow to do Spock justice' look and then smirked herself and did a zipper across mouth sign.

"They all miss you, and Tess.  While I'm mindful that they might be a little rough accidentally in her current condition, I would still like to offer you a night off from cooking and invite you both for dinner one night.  You know the kids are good at obeying 'orders' so if we say 'gentle hugs and kisses only' for Auntie Tess, they'd obey that.  They'd like to see you and if baby is kicking now, probably fascinated to feel that if she allowed it. And once baby is here, if you need a night off from feeding, teething, diaper changing and just to get some sleep and give the nanny the night off... Crista and I are on hand to help.  You are as close to family as we have on the station so... make use of us if you need to!"

"Yes, the spots DO go all the way down.  No, you don't get to see!"

Tess tLhoell

Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell

As always her mind opened invitingly to his mental presence and he was able to not only share his thoughts and joy but also read her own.   Her thoughts went back to just after the Numati delusion and that wonderful moment when she shared with him her dream to have his children.  That moment saved him.  She saved him.  From a life of loneliness and emptiness - a life devoid of family or connection.

With her mind open and entwined with his, Rayek gently guided her awareness towards the other presence with them...  that of their son.

Since their wedding night, when he first sensed the growing ember of consciousness within Tess' womb, Rayek was always cautious to not interact with the fetus' growing mind, lest he inadvertently influence or harm the baby unintentionally.  But that didn't mean he didn't love to just 'distantly feel' its presence.  This however was the first time he brought Tess' mind along as well.

He remained holding Tess close to him, basking in the love and acceptance of her mind, and letting the wonder of their son's presence fill him for a long time before he reluctantly withdrew.

Below leaving Tess' mind completely he reiterated to her what should be self-evident to her,
"I-jol au, taeth e'lev. Hwiiy aellei mnei aadhoiurr'u taeth rehvie."* (*translation: I love you, my darling.  You and our son are my world.)

Though Rayek 'spoke' the words in Romulan, the meaning of his 'words' carried fully across through the meld.

While melding with Rayek was something special to Tess every time it happened, she by now knew what it felt like to feel Rayek's presence in her mind. This time however, something new happened. Rayek managed to direct her mental awareness of the presence of their son. Tess of course always kind of felt the baby's presence, but not in a mental way. It was knew and absolutely overwhelming. Rayek surely could sense her excitement and joy easily.

She melted into his embrace as much as into his mind, feeling content and save and happy. She 'woke' from that moment of utmost peace when Rayek withdrew from her. It always left her feeling like something that belonged to her was taken away and she didn't like it. His words made her smile and her heart clench with love.

"E ti amo, ciccino. Non riesco a immaginare la mia vita senza te e il nostro bambino."(*And I love you, darling. I can't  imagine my life without you and our little boy.)

Leaning forward, she sealed Rayek's lips and their words with soft and loving kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Katra Station - Saucer 1 >>> Captain's Ready Room]

Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell

[...]

=/\= I'll meet you in my ready room.  Coffee or tea? =/\=

Tess caught the grin on Rayek's face and it made her own lips twitch into one, being able to guess his thoughts. She might even blush a little bit thinking back on their little 'discussion'. She wondered if that phase would ever wear off.

Hearing Solluk's reply back, Tess smiled.  =/\= "Ginger tea, please, Captain. Thank you. I'm on my way." =/\=

Catching Rayek's nod Tess smiled back at him, and at Hrafn before she departed from them.

Arriving at the OCC with her PADD in hand she glanced about briefly and then nodded to John Saxon who seemed to have the 'bridge'. "Lieutenant", Tess nodded in greeting with a smile on her face. "I hope everything is calm so far out there?" She glanced briefly at the view screen.

After a small exchange with John Tess walked over to the Ready Room and chimed the door bell before stepping inside. Seeking the man's gaze Tess offered him, too, a smile. "It's good to be back", she said as she moved closer and away from the doors that slid close behind her automatically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ensign Roberto Padrini
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Sickbay]

Quote from: Beja on May 26, 2020, 10:50:44 PM

USS Katra - Sick Bay Area

Beja smiled over at Roberto once they were transported into the sick bay. She stepped aside for the medbay staff to do their jobs. She only helped out when Tess was not available, but now with more medical officers joining Katra station that would be less likely to occur.

�Can you do me a favor Roberto, and please just keep this between us until you get results, can you check to see if perhaps the President may have been poisoned?� Beja hated to even say the words out loud, but it was a possibility that, no matter how upsetting to her personally, had to be considered.

Beja was not aware of any issues that the Klingons had with the Meridians, or any of the other embassies on Katra. The only issues she knew of was the lingering one between the Numati and the Dord. The rest of the embassies and races appeared to be getting along just fine, why the Klingons would want to harm Tarin she couldn�t honestly say. It would be utterly out of character for a Klingon to assassinate someone with poison, but it had occasionally occurred. Or perhaps someone wanted it to seem like the Klingons had, to create issues between the embassies? She wondered who would benefit the most from such things?

It was best not to conjecture too much, they needed more information on what was actually wrong with President Tarin first. When Tarin began to come out of the seizure Beja gently patted his arm to comfort him as best as she could.

�Don�t worry Sir, I have no doubts that you are sober. And I�ve not seen bloodwine produce such an effect on anyone before,� Beja assured the Meridian leader, �You are in the sick bay area on Katra, and in great hands with Roberto here. Can you tell us if you have had seizures like this before? Do you have any medical problems that we need to be aware of in treating you?�

Katra Station - Earlier - Medbay

When asked if he had any medical problems, or had endured any similar seizures in the past, Tarin broke eye contact with Beja.  "I am perfectly healthy, and always have been.  And if anyone asks, I expect you to repeat that.  Exactly that, and nothing else."

The Meridian government was simple and straightforward.  If Tarin was incapacitated, or had an incapacitating illness, then the runner-up of the most recent election would become the acting President until the next election cycle.  The man could not afford for it to become known that he was having seizures.
[/size]

Roberto struggled to keep the sense of alarm and concern off his face when Beja asked him to check if the Meridian President had been poisened. But of course he complied.

Picking up his tricorder again he now set the sensor probe to scan for a wide range of known and not so well known toxins while he listened to the conversation. From the glimpse he had at the President's medical file before the man was saying the truth and the readings told him the same - the Meridian was healthy. Though the man seemed to be a little too eager to maintain that image at all costs. Roberto wondered why as he was not exactly knowing of how the Meridian leader was chosen.

Roberto addressed Beja. "From what I can see here there are no indications of poisoning", he stated, "just an intoxication from Klingon bloodwine. I can give you an anti-intoxicant to neutralize the effect", he offered and went to get the hypospray.

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Solluk

Katra Station - Station Commander's Ready Room

Solluk replicated two drinks at the replicator alcove- tea for Tess and an uncharacteristic Raktajino for himself.  He was feeling fatigued, and while Vulcans had the mental discipline to stay awake for days if necessary, Solluk was not too proud for a bit of chemical assistance.

Placing Tess' tea on the desktop for her, he swiveled in his chair and stared out of the faux viewport in the room.  The resolution of the screen was such that it was indiscernible from an authentic transparency.  It was linked to sensors on the outside of the station and set to simulate what the view would be from this position.  He could set it to show him anything, of course.  It was only a viewscreen.  But he enjoyed the illusion of a 'window office.'

Sipping his Raktajino, he tried to imagine what the point of the distress call was.  Someone had intentionally lured out rescuers.  But for no apparent purpose.  Perhaps when the Healy had quickly escaped its trap, the nefarious intentions behind the ruse had been abandoned.

Perhaps.

He hoped that an informal debrief with Tess would help him to better understand the incident.

The door chimed.

"Come in," he said, swiveling back towards the door.

"It's good to have you back.  Now, sit.  Enjoy your tea.  And tell me all about it."

Tess tLhoell

[Katra Station - Deck 1 - Captain's Ready Room]

Quote from: Solluk on May 28, 2020, 02:43:33 AM

Solluk replicated two drinks at the replicator alcove- tea for Tess and an uncharacteristic Raktajino for himself.  He was feeling fatigued, and while Vulcans had the mental discipline to stay awake for days if necessary, Solluk was not too proud for a bit of chemical assistance.

Placing Tess' tea on the desktop for her, he swiveled in his chair and stared out of the faux viewport in the room.  The resolution of the screen was such that it was indiscernible from an authentic transparency.  It was linked to sensors on the outside of the station and set to simulate what the view would be from this position.  He could set it to show him anything, of course.  It was only a viewscreen.  But he enjoyed the illusion of a 'window office.'

Sipping his Raktajino, he tried to imagine what the point of the distress call was.  Someone had intentionally lured out rescuers.  But for no apparent purpose.  Perhaps when the Healy had quickly escaped its trap, the nefarious intentions behind the ruse had been abandoned.

Perhaps.

He hoped that an informal debrief with Tess would help him to better understand the incident.

The door chimed.

"Come in," he said, swiveling back towards the door.

"It's good to have you back.  Now, sit.  Enjoy your tea.  And tell me all about it."

"Thank you", Tess smiled and then moved to sit in one of the chairs in front of Solluk's desk. The fruity sweet smell of ginger wafted towards her and made her wanting to take a sip before everything else. "I wish there was something to tell you about", Tess said after she set the mug down. She put her PADD in her lap - but the baby bump was in the way a bit so she put it down on the desk next to the mug of tea.

"As we neared the coordinates where the distress call came from, we suddenly were trapped in something I never have seen or read about. There was absolutely no way we could move at all. Then, all of a sudden, we were free again. Since there was no hint of Wanderers or Karemma to find, I ordered to return to the station." She paused briefly. Something seemed odd to her about her memory, but she couldn't pinpoint why. Leaning forward she picked up the mug to take another sip of the tea. "I don't think another distress call has reached the station in the meantime?", she asked, looking at Solluk.

"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."

Rayek trLhoell

Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on May 27, 2020, 04:07:50 PM

While melding with Rayek was something special to Tess every time it happened, she by now knew what it felt like to feel Rayek's presence in her mind. This time however, something new happened. Rayek managed to direct her mental awareness of the presence of their son. Tess of course always kind of felt the baby's presence, but not in a mental way. It was new and absolutely overwhelming. Rayek surely could sense her excitement and joy easily.

She melted into his embrace as much as into his mind, feeling content and safe and happy. She 'woke' from that moment of utmost peace when Rayek withdrew from her. It always left her feeling like something that belonged to her was taken away and she didn't like it. His words made her smile and her heart clench with love.

"E ti amo, ciccino. Non riesco a immaginare la mia vita senza te e il nostro bambino."(*And I love you, darling. I can't  imagine my life without you and our little boy.)

Leaning forward, she sealed Rayek's lips and their words with soft and loving kiss.

Tess' kiss was savored and returned.  As they kissed, the next song came on and Rayek resumed their dance, holding her close to him for as long as her tired feet would allow.

Then when he noticed her tiredness once more, he scooped her up into his arms and carried her to their bedroom.  He helped her get changed and tucked into bed, himself as well. Then picked up the book of Ba'ku fairy tales, nestling himself down close to her belly and resumed reading out loud from their last spot.

"Falia regarded the qordlur uncertainly.  She knew it spoke truth; that her village - no, her entire world was in danger, but the idea that she could do anything to save them seem so unbelievable that she doubted.   'Yet if I do nothing, the village will surely be lost.' she told herself.  'Very well,' she said to the qordlur.  'I will try.  Teach me.... " Rayek's voice rose in pitch in mimicry of a little girls voice as he read Falia's words.

This was Tess' favorite story growing up according to her and Rayek could see the appeal. He was going to enjoy reading it over and over again to his son... and eventual daughter... in the years to come.  The image such thoughts painted in his mind made him happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell
Quote from: Tess tLhoell on May 27, 2020, 04:07:50 PM

[Katra Station - Saucer 1 >>> Captain's Ready Room]

Tess caught the grin on Rayek's face and it made her own lips twitch into one, being able to guess his thoughts. She might even blush a little bit thinking back on their little 'discussion'. She wondered if that phase would ever wear off.

Hearing Solluk's reply back, Tess smiled.  =/\= "Ginger tea, please, Captain. Thank you. I'm on my way." =/\=

Catching Rayek's nod Tess smiled back at him, and at Hrafn before she departed from them.

Quote from: Hrafn Falleg on May 27, 2020, 02:09:39 PM

"Done enough that I can swing by Sciences, pick up any PADDs and work on them while the kids play after dinner. You know a departmental head is both departed from her marbles, mental and never truly off duty! Depart...mental... get it?! Especially if called into Ready Rooms!"  Hrafn answered with an answering smile.  She figured what was going on in the Ready Room, and it delighted her that her friends were married and so loving together, yet managed to keep the professional front on duty.  She still gave him the 'lifted eyebrow to do Spock justice' look and then smirked herself and did a zipper across mouth sign.

"They all miss you, and Tess.  While I'm mindful that they might be a little rough accidentally in her current condition, I would still like to offer you a night off from cooking and invite you both for dinner one night.  You know the kids are good at obeying 'orders' so if we say 'gentle hugs and kisses only' for Auntie Tess, they'd obey that.  They'd like to see you and if baby is kicking now, probably fascinated to feel that if she allowed it. And once baby is here, if you need a night off from feeding, teething, diaper changing and just to get some sleep and give the nanny the night off... Crista and I are on hand to help.  You are as close to family as we have on the station so... make use of us if you need to!"

Rayek rose an eyebrow at Hrafn's play on words before allowing out a single guffaw.  "Your puns are terrible." Though he did grin wider at the mention of Ready Rooms - so she was aware.  Rather than be embarrassed, he felt a boost to his ego.

When Hrafn then suggested inviting both he and Tess to dinner with her and the kids, Rayek loved the idea but was concerned how her husband might feel about it.  "Are you certain that is wise given our... history? I would hate for word to get back to your husband that might suggest anything inappropriate."

Rayek knew if roles were reversed he'd wouldn't want his wife inviting over for dinner the person she'd had attraction to.  That would be like inviting Fells to dinner.  Just the thought caused a slight scowl.

It was awkward speaking of this openly so Rayek hoped to end it quickly.  He glanced about to be sure no one was paying attention.   "I'll mention the offer to Tess."

Kirok

Quote from: Solluk on May 24, 2020, 08:38:46 PM

Katra Station - Outside Holodeck 3

"My pleasure, Ensign Zex.  If you need us, we'll be nearby.  Just say the word.  While this new Diplomatic Protection Section is part of Security, we take our cues from the Diplomatic Officer."  She dipped her head in deference to the Deltan.

There were special rules and regulations during diplomatic encounters that only the Diplomatic Officer was fully qualified to interpret.  Saxon was Suzette's Department Head, but the Diplomatic Corps Officer was effectively acting as field supervisor for these kinds of situations.[/size]

While she waited for a reply from Eydis, she too a step toward Suzette.  "Ensign, as long as there are no weapons, we are free to wander the station freely.  The unrestricted area, that is?" she asked.

She knew the answer as well as any other officer.  She asked it more for Eydis' benefit.  And those of the Tholian guards.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Beja

There was nothing worse for the medical staff but to have a patient who lied about their health. The medical officers dedicated their work to helping out others, to keeping them in the best health that people could be. That job was made a million times more difficult when the patient did not give them all the information, or hide the truth from their doctors. How else could doctors find the truth, if the doctors were not given accurate information?

Beja went over to the medical console and brought up the patient isolation forcefield. It wasn�t normally used for privacy issues, but more to keep the patient in a safe environment but it would have to do. Beja nodded over to Roberto, when he gave the results of the poisoning. After Tarin�s lying about his health, she was not surprised to find that poison was not the issue. There was something else going on, and it would be up to Roberto and Beja to find out. She hoped with Tarin�s help.

�Mr. President, let me reassure you that both Roberto and myself are professionals. Patient and doctor confidentiality is something we take very seriously. Anything you tell us, will of course stay between us. But you need to be honest with us, if we are going to be able to help you and find the correct treatment for you,� Beja gently reassured Tarin that this would be a safe place for him to share the truth of what was going on. His health was their only focus, not telling the world of his health status.

�Now, will you tell us how long you have had these seizures? How many have you had? Is there any commonality in what you drink, eat, or do, that might trigger them?� Beja asked him, hoping he would help them to help him.

Solluk

Solluk sipped his cup as Tess began to explain the events which had transpired.  He smirked very slightly as she tried to place her PADD in her lap, but was forced to use the desk due to her special passenger.  It was often suggested by human colleagues that pregnancy made a woman more beautiful.  He had considered this to be nonsense until recent months.  He wondered if it was some sort of evolutionary programming to ensure the protection and survival of pregnant females.

If so, Solluk had to reflect that it had not worked as intended.  He had sent his Executive Officer into danger without hesitation, and then only appeared to agonize over her fate on the long wait for the Healy's return.

In fact, he would have privately preferred not to send her, but it would have been disrespectful to deny her any command opportunities because of her pregnancy.

When she got to the part of her story about her escape, Solluk set down his cup.  That was an unexpected detail.  He'd assumed that the Healy had done something in order to get away.

"Hmm.  You're quite right that the distress call desisted.  I can't help but believe you were lured out there, and then seized.  But it is strange to me that it all just went away.  I suppose at the moment we have to operate under the assumption that some ploy didn't prove out.  I'll definitely be consulting with Mr. Saxon tomorrow to get his opinion on this mysterious event."

He leaned back.

"Well, we can review the sensor logs from the Healy tomorrow to see if there are any clues there.  I think we're all too tired to give it a proper analysis this evening."

When she seemed to be done with her cup, he nodded to her with a smile, "You go ahead and turn in, Commander.  We'll meet again, second-shift tomorrow, once you've had time to sleep, get some food, and think over the events of the day."

Katra Station - Medbay

Tarin shifted in his bed as Beja ordered the activation of the isolation field.  The field would prevent the movement of atmosphere into the area of the patient's bed and open an independent air supply and filtration system for the space.  It was not as secure as a complete isolation room, but it could deal with many issues regarding the transmission of illness.

It also had the additional benefit of dampening sound.  Beja had done her best to provide a privacy screen.

When she implored him to come clean, his face contorted briefly, as though he was wrestling with himself.  He very nearly said something more.

But then he fought down the urge for honesty and swung himself off of the bed, standing up on his own power.  He was not entirely steady, but it was clear he was not fall-down drunk.

"If I think of anything, I'll let you know.  Otherwise, I'm going back to my rooms.  Thank you for your assistance, Doctors.  I won't take up any more of your valuable time."

Unless the medical staff attempted to restrain him, he would be leaving the med bay.

A bit surprised at being addressed by the Diplomatic Officer, Suzette cleared her throat and stepped forward.

"That's right, Ma'am.  Free movement through all unrestricted areas is encouraged, just so long as no dangerous implements are carried.  The Diplomatic Protection Service is happy to take over the brunt of diplomatic protection when ambassadorial staff are moving about the station.  That way, ambassadors and embassy staff can enjoy the station without being... encumbered."

She put it as diplomatically as she could manage.

Tess tLhoell

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on May 28, 2020, 10:38:25 AM

Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell

Tess' kiss was savored and returned.  As they kissed, the next song came on and Rayek resumed their dance, holding her close to him for as long as her tired feet would allow.

Then when he noticed her tiredness once more, he scooped her up into his arms and carried her to their bedroom.  He helped her get changed and tucked into bed, himself as well. Then picked up the book of Ba'ku fairy tales, nestling himself down close to her belly and resumed reading out loud from their last spot.

"Falia regarded the qordlur uncertainly.  She knew it spoke truth; that her village - no, her entire world was in danger, but the idea that she could do anything to save them seem so unbelievable that she doubted.   'Yet if I do nothing, the village will surely be lost.' she told herself.  'Very well,' she said to the qordlur.  'I will try.  Teach me.... " Rayek's voice rose in pitch in mimicry of a little girls voice as he read Falia's words.

This was Tess' favorite story growing up according to her and Rayek could see the appeal. He was going to enjoy reading it over and over again to his son... and eventual daughter... in the years to come.  The image such thoughts painted in his mind made him happy.

Tess chuckled happily when Rayek scooped her up and carried her to the bed. Not long after they were both comfortably tucked in bed and Tess coulnd't help but smile widely at the sight of Rayek reading from a book from her childhood in her mother tongue to their unborn baby. If she could capture one perfect moment of happiness in one picture - this would be it.

Tess had her hand stretched out to gently run it through Rayek's hair while he read. Just like she had learned to speak and read Romulan, so had Rayek learned to read and speak Ba'ku. It was strange and at the same time overwhelming for her to hear him read Ba'ku. It surely wasn't perfect but it warmed her heart that their baby would grow up with both their cultures forming a new blended one.

When he stumbled over a word she gently cut in. "Mane iyraet." (*teach me) The last word was the difficult one. Tess repeated it slowly so Rayek could hear the pronounciation well.

That brought a new thought to her. She smiled. "How will we decide which languages our boy will grow up with?" Federation Standard obviously, but apart from that there was Romulan, Ba'ku and Italian they had a connection to. "Do you think it will be too confusing for a child to grow up with a mix of four languages?" She had read about techniques to make it easy for childred to grow up in a multilingual family. One parent speaking only in one language with the kid and the other parent in another. "Maybe my dad could speak Italian with him", Tess mused aloud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote from: Solluk on May 29, 2020, 01:50:55 AM

Solluk sipped his cup as Tess began to explain the events which had transpired.  He smirked very slightly as she tried to place her PADD in her lap, but was forced to use the desk due to her special passenger.  It was often suggested by human colleagues that pregnancy made a woman more beautiful.  He had considered this to be nonsense until recent months.  He wondered if it was some sort of evolutionary programming to ensure the protection and survival of pregnant females.

If so, Solluk had to reflect that it had not worked as intended.  He had sent his Executive Officer into danger without hesitation, and then only appeared to agonize over her fate on the long wait for the Healy's return.

In fact, he would have privately preferred not to send her, but it would have been disrespectful to deny her any command opportunities because of her pregnancy.

When she got to the part of her story about her escape, Solluk set down his cup.  That was an unexpected detail.  He'd assumed that the Healy had done something in order to get away.

"Hmm.  You're quite right that the distress call desisted.  I can't help but believe you were lured out there, and then seized.  But it is strange to me that it all just went away.  I suppose at the moment we have to operate under the assumption that some ploy didn't prove out.  I'll definitely be consulting with Mr. Saxon tomorrow to get his opinion on this mysterious event."

He leaned back.

"Well, we can review the sensor logs from the Healy tomorrow to see if there are any clues there.  I think we're all too tired to give it a proper analysis this evening."

When she seemed to be done with her cup, he nodded to her with a smile, "You go ahead and turn in, Commander.  We'll meet again, second-shift tomorrow, once you've had time to sleep, get some food, and think over the events of the day."

Tess nodded as Solluked shared his assumptions with her. "At least nobody was hurt during the event", she said. As a doctor she was concerned about that too. "It could have easily gone bad." She took two sips in succession.

When Solluk suggested to review the Healy's sensor logs the next day, Tess lowered her mug. "Oh, I'm afraid there will be nothing that will help make sense out of it, we already tried to review it on our way back here."

Finishing the rest of her tea she smiled back at Solluk. "That sounds like a good idea. Thank you, Captain." Getting up, she picked up both her PADD and the empty mug and disposed the latter to the replicator system before turning to the door. "Make sure you get some good rest as well, sir." She smiled once more before she left the Ready Room.

Stepping out at the OCC Tess used her PADD to make a change to the roster - assigning the current crew of the Healy to permanent assignment on the ship for the time being with the exception of her husband and Hrafn as department head.

Crossing the OCC she walked past her father who was still at the science station but it was the end of his shift.

"I'm glad to see you back here safely."

Tess stopped and smiled at him. "It was a strange experience. But we're all fine."

"Since our plans didn't work out this morning, how about we have dinner together. I resisted the temptation to tell your brother the news." The middle aged man smiled widely. Tess though looked a little confused. Plans? News? She probably was more shook than she realized.

"I'm sorry, papa, I do feel quite tired."

Fabiano nodded. "Of course. Get some rest, have Rayek treat and spoil you. We will talk tomorrow." He gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "I'll wait for my relief. Off you go."

Tess smiled at him and then left the OCC.

=/\= "t'Lhoell to tr'Lhoell. Had only a brief meeting with the Captain. Heading home now. Where are you?" =/\= Their normal shift was over so she figured if there was nothing urgent he'd be home now too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ensign Roberto Padrini
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Sickbay]

Katra Station - Medbay

Quote from: Beja on May 28, 2020, 07:29:47 PM

There was nothing worse for the medical staff but to have a patient who lied about their health. The medical officers dedicated their work to helping out others, to keeping them in the best health that people could be. That job was made a million times more difficult when the patient did not give them all the information, or hide the truth from their doctors. How else could doctors find the truth, if the doctors were not given accurate information?

Beja went over to the medical console and brought up the patient isolation forcefield. It wasn�t normally used for privacy issues, but more to keep the patient in a safe environment but it would have to do. Beja nodded over to Roberto, when he gave the results of the poisoning. After Tarin�s lying about his health, she was not surprised to find that poison was not the issue. There was something else going on, and it would be up to Roberto and Beja to find out. She hoped with Tarin�s help.

�Mr. President, let me reassure you that both Roberto and myself are professionals. Patient and doctor confidentiality is something we take very seriously. Anything you tell us, will of course stay between us. But you need to be honest with us, if we are going to be able to help you and find the correct treatment for you,� Beja gently reassured Tarin that this would be a safe place for him to share the truth of what was going on. His health was their only focus, not telling the world of his health status.

�Now, will you tell us how long you have had these seizures? How many have you had? Is there any commonality in what you drink, eat, or do, that might trigger them?� Beja asked him, hoping he would help them to help him.

Tarin shifted in his bed as Beja ordered the activation of the isolation field.  The field would prevent the movement of atmosphere into the area of the patient's bed and open an independent air supply and filtration system for the space.  It was not as secure as a complete isolation room, but it could deal with many issues regarding the transmission of illness.

It also had the additional benefit of dampening sound.  Beja had done her best to provide a privacy screen.

When she implored him to come clean, his face contorted briefly, as though he was wrestling with himself.  He very nearly said something more.

But then he fought down the urge for honesty and swung himself off of the bed, standing up on his own power.  He was not entirely steady, but it was clear he was not fall-down drunk.

"If I think of anything, I'll let you know.  Otherwise, I'm going back to my rooms.  Thank you for your assistance, Doctors.  I won't take up any more of your valuable time."

Unless the medical staff attempted to restrain him, he would be leaving the med bay.
[/size]

Roberto believed the man that this was his first seizure like that. But he also believed that he was hiding something. Or rather ... worrying over something? It was hard to say what it was and apparently, the Meridian President was not willing to talk about it. Not right now, at least.

Stepping aside after Tarin sat up Roberto let him walk past without stopping him. He would have preferred to do some brain scans to make sure it was nothing serious indeed but only an effect of the blood wine, but he couldn't and wouldn't force the man.

Kirok

A bit surprised at being addressed by the Diplomatic Officer, Suzette cleared her throat and stepped forward.

"That's right, Ma'am.  Free movement through all unrestricted areas is encouraged, just so long as no dangerous implements are carried.  The Diplomatic Protection Service is happy to take over the brunt of diplomatic protection when ambassadorial staff are moving about the station.  That way, ambassadors and embassy staff can enjoy the station without being... encumbered."

She put it as diplomatically as she could manage.[/size]

Neither Eydis nor the guards had reacted yet.  Despite this, Zex was certain that they were listening.  So, she continued talking to Suzette.

"We don't carry weapons unless there is an emergency or some kind.  So, asking our station mates to do the same normal across all federation stations, correct?" she asked rhetorically.   "But while I have you, what areas are our guests not allowed access too?" she asked.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Solluk

Suzette turned her body slightly, so that her discreet Type I phaser would not be as apparent during this conversation.  "Um, yes, that's right, Ma'am.  Most personnel do not carry weapons on station except during emergency scenarios.

As for popular locations for civilians, there is of course the promenade.  You can find almost every kind of service or product there, and a wide variety of food and drink... though... maybe that's not as much of an allure in this case.

There are also transfer shops and lounges with excellent observation viewports on the docking saucers.  Personally, I spend a lot of time there when I'm off-duty.  It's nice to watch the ships coming in, or taking holding patterns.  And sometimes you can see ships coming in or out of the drydock.  It's the little pleasures, you know?"

Suzette grinned, but then stifled her mirth as she realized it might not be appropriate during a diplomatic encounter.

Beja

Beja had tried her best, but she knew that one couldn�t always help everyone. She couldn�t force the President of Meridian to stay and allow more medical tests to be run. She couldn�t force Tarin to tell the truth about what was going on with his health. She couldn�t force him to stay, no matter how much she might want to. She nodded over to Roberto, and then went over to the medical console and removed the personal isolation forcefield.

When Tarin rose to leave the sick bay area, Beja had wanted to offer to walk him back to the Meridian embassy but she remained quiet. She knew he would most likely reject her offer, due to either thinking she would spend the time badgering him for more information, or worse see it as an insult and her being condescending with the offer.

After the Meridian leader left, Beja sighed and turned to Roberto, �It is never easy wanting to help a patient who doesn�t want to be helped. Let me know immediately if he comes back, or if any other Meridian comes in with similar issues. I have a feeling this won�t be the last we see of it.�

�In the meantime, let�s do some research and see if we can compile a list of possible potential causes, illnesses, etc, just because he isn�t ready now doesn�t mean we give up, we still need to advocate for our patient,� Beja said to Roberto, she paused when she heard a chirping noise? She turned over and saw quite an unusual sight in the sick bay area.

Beja walked over to the colorful winged creatures, �Who are these fellas and what are they doing here? Are they alright?� She looked back over at Roberto, before she glanced back down to the birds.

Rayek trLhoell

Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Deck 2 - s'Lhoell quarters](the evening previous to the Healy call out)

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on May 29, 2020, 10:44:19 AM

Tess chuckled happily when Rayek scooped her up and carried her to the bed. Not long after they were both comfortably tucked in bed and Tess couldn't help but smile widely at the sight of Rayek reading from a book from her childhood in her mother tongue to their unborn baby. If she could capture one perfect moment of happiness in one picture - this would be it.

Tess had her hand stretched out to gently run it through Rayek's hair while he read. Just like she had learned to speak and read Romulan, so had Rayek learned to read and speak Ba'ku. It was strange and at the same time overwhelming for her to hear him read Ba'ku. It surely wasn't perfect but it warmed her heart that their baby would grow up with both their cultures forming a new blended one.

When he stumbled over a word she gently cut in. "Mane iyraet." (*teach me) The last word was the difficult one. Tess repeated it slowly so Rayek could hear the pronunciation well.

That brought a new thought to her. She smiled. "How will we decide which languages our boy will grow up with?" Federation Standard obviously, but apart from that there was Romulan, Ba'ku and Italian they had a connection to. "Do you think it will be too confusing for a child to grow up with a mix of four languages?" She had read about techniques to make it easy for children to grow up in a multilingual family. One parent speaking only in one language with the kid and the other parent in another. "Maybe my dad could speak Italian with him", Tess mused aloud.

"Mane iyraet." Rayek repeated the words back, carefully positioning his tongue so to make the unfamiliar phonics exactly as Tess was demonstrating.  He glanced up from his place close to her abdomen, to note from her expression whether or not he had gotten the pronunciation right this time. Corrected, Rayek finished reading the short tale then closed the hide bound book to place it carefully on the bedside stand.

While he repositioned himself further up the bed to lay alongside her rather than just at her belly, he listened to her muse on their son's likely languages.   He smiled.  "I would not be surprised if our son adapted to learning a multitude of languages.  It is a rather common thing for most children." thinking of Hrafn's children and s'Movel children.

Rayek found it amusing that even he, from a xenophobic culture and in an age when  universal translators were readily available, knew 2 languages - 3 if you included both Romulan dialects as separate languages, by the time he was a teen and another one by the time he was an adult.  Now he was learning another.

"I'm sure Fabiano would enjoy that immensely," he remarked softly at her ear as he curled himself close to her side, wrapping his topmost arm light at her waist.  His palm rested lighted on her belly, seeking for more of the telltale movement within.

Federation Standard, Romulan, Ba'ku and Italian - were obviously the four languages she was anticipating.   Rayek himself hoped to add Klingon and ... yes rather ironically... Vulcan to that mix.  Rayek had a secret hope that by the time the baby was born that Solluk might have forgiven him for his actions on the Healy and would be willing to be as an Uncle to Tess and his son.  With that in mind, Rayek had broached the subject of possibly naming the Vulcan Captain as Godfather last week with Tess.  He had thought for certain she would agree, however though she did admit that Solluk would make an excellent godfather she quietly countered with another suggestion.  Rayek had been honestly surprised.  It wasn't often that Tess could surprise him.  Of course, after a moments consideration in which he could see this meant a lot to Tess, Rayek agreed with her choice.

Rayek chastely kissed Tess' cheek to settle them to bed, recognizing that after a long day Tess may not be interested in more energetic activities.  His thoughts turned to the next day and what activities might be planned.  He was scheduled to work Customs.  Nothing new there.  There was the Klingon Opera that evening.  Tess was scheduled to work the OCC that evening... so Rayek figured he'd offer to take over Crewman Byl th'Zialrol's shift since the man had wanted to attend the Opera badly.   A quiet day overall.   Not so the next day.  Rayek had a counseling session with Beja scheduled for immediately after work.. and after that the bowling team was supposed to get together and practice.

Bowling was something new that Rayek had just started two weeks prior in an attempt comply with the Beja's insistence that he socialize more.  So far there was just three signed up.  Himself, Tess and Kalem.  But Rayek was hopeful of garnering more interest.  His thoughts on bowling reminded him.

"On a different topic," he began, "I sent you a list of suggested tips on how to make bowling safer for you and the baby."  Concern about her well-being had bothered him after their last practice the other day, so he'd done a bit of research on the subject.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Saucer 1 ] (upon arrival at the station after Healy call out)
Quote from: Tess tLhoell on May 29, 2020, 10:44:19 AM

=/\= "t'Lhoell to tr'Lhoell. Had only a brief meeting with the Captain. Heading home now. Where are you?" =/\= Their normal shift was over so she figured if there was nothing urgent he'd be home now too.

It was late and even Rayek was tired. Tess must be exhausted he figured.. though she didn't show it.  The call out on the Healy had extended, by several hours, an already long day.  Gamma shift was already at work, which meant that Rayek was cleared to call it a day.  He was just about to say goodnight to Hrafn when Tess' call came in.

He tapped his commbadge. =/\= Am just heading to our quarters now.  I'll meet you there." =/\= he answered her question.

"Get a good sleep, Hrafn. We've earned it with this day."  He bid goodnight to the CSO, stifling a yawn before hurrying to go meet up with Tess.

He found himself back at his... er, no... their quarters a short while later.  But as he entered and did his usual scan of the interior, he was initially struck by a sense of confusion.  He looked over the room as if seeing it for the first time.  Before him was a fully furnished livingroom with sofa, coffee table and curio cabinet with various items one corner held a small kitchenette.  Rayek blinked - as slowly recognition settled.

On the wall beside the door to the bedroom was his lirpa - Solluk's gift to him when he was first assigned to Katra - a parting gift that had opened the doorway to a friendship that Rayek had not thought ever possible with a Vulcan.  There was also the memorial portrait he made of his family to help him come to terms with their deaths.  Gifts from the wedding set in place of honor in the curio cabinet. Seeing the familiar items - put him at ease.   Fvadt he must be more tired that he thought.

Hearing an excited chitter coming from the corner of the room behind the sofa, Rayek came across a pure white ferret-like rodent. It took a second for him to put a name to the creature.  Thrafv.  Of course.  Ugh. Way too tired, he told himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Katra Station - Saucer 1 - Customs Cargo](Alpha Shift - the day after the Healy call out - DAY 2)

The day which had begun poorly for the Romulan, with Rayek seemingly needing to reset his security codes, wasn't going well.  Despite having gotten a good night sleep after their long day, it was apparently not enough to keep Rayek from forgetting the most simplest of tasks.

His hopes of seeing Tess at coffee break were foiled by a Department Head meeting.  So Rayek instead figured he'd just work through it, and to impress Saxon with a bit of initiative Rayek, decided to pre-empt the need to check the weapons locker.   Quickly and diligently he checked over the weapons, replacing the parts needing replacing, smiling all the while.  He'd be back on top in no time!

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.