Burning Questions #1: The Vorta ~ Can they procreate?

Started by Kyan Mackenzie, January 24, 2022, 01:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyan Mackenzie

So, as we all know, the Vorta are cloned. When one is killed, their consciousness is transferred into a new clone body. There is a limited number of them... yadda yadda. We KNOW this.

What we don't know, and what I want NEED to know is this. There are female Vorta and male Vorta. SO... can they procreate themselves? What are your thoughts?

Ian Galloway

Sounds like time for the classic Dylan reply. "Whatever is dramatically appropriate."

We do know that Vorta do not have aesthetic comprehension of art and do not have the ability to taste anything but kava nuts and rippleberries as the Founders didn't think these traits served a purpose for the Vorta. My personal opinion is, I highly doubt they'd want the Vorta to be able to reproduce on their own as a family and children are powerful incentives to disobey even a God.

However, we do know that it is possible for a Jem'Hadar to be born without the need for the White and that occasionally a Vorta is born with a conscious, it stands to reason, that there could be Vorta capable of reproducing on their own.

Orum N'Jeer

I would speculate that that trait was not included in their genetic manipulation. Given that they have no appreciation for aesthetics, my creative money would be on them not having any notion of love or lust, either from a procreative or purely recreative angle, and anyone who did would be treated as an aberration.

Like Ian said though, not saying their couldn't be. Heck, maybe some rogue scientist even altered the code for a male & female just to see what would happen. It'd make for an interesting story, to be sure.

"Misdirection is the key to survival. If knowledge is power then to be unknown is to be unconquerable." --The Romulan Way

Don Damien Addams

I don't think they can produce cause that allow them lean away from the gods.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.