News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Discovery WAR Board (Welcome and Recognition Board)

Started by Alexander Wu, May 07, 2016, 02:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyan Mackenzie

Hey guys, we have another new/returning arrival. Ensign Torian Sh'riall has returned to us and will be back in medical!

Welcome back! :D

Danjar-Torra Addams

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on July 16, 2022, 09:56:25 PM

Hey guys, we have another new/returning arrival. Ensign Torian Sh'riall has returned to us and will be back in medical!

Welcome back! :D

Welcome back Sh'riall! 
Danjar-Torra's Bio - Grazerite female 6'6' (1.98m) - Alt of ShranLahr ch'Verret

Don Damien Addams

Jael Sherem

"Two different worlds that used to clash together, yet two birds of a feather that stick together."

Danjar-Torra Addams

Danjar-Torra Addams

Please help me in welcoming back several of our Disco members who will be returning to us starting for our next mission:

Captain Tekin Nevir
Commander Kyle Briggs
Crewman Dranik

and new face to Discovery:

Rayek tr'Lhoell

Rayek trLhoell

As of the start of this mission, the following crew have been promoted:

Rayek tr'Lhoell - rank promotion to Commander
Danjar-Torra Addams (NPC)- rank promotion to Lieutenant
Jael Sharem - rank promotion to Lieutenant JG
Zavrol Gohun - rank promotion to Acting Ensign
Alexander Graham - rank promotion to Chief Petty officer
Helga Tragnar (NPC)- rank promotion to Petty Officer 2nd grade

Congratulations everyone!!

However we are still all out on Exchange.. these promoted ranks are what is being used for the exchange program.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Kyle Briggs

Congrats to all of you. They were all well deserved.

Jael Sherem

"Two different worlds that used to clash together, yet two birds of a feather that stick together."

Rayek trLhoell

Attention Crew,

Please join me in welcoming our newest crewmember - Sorik.
Sorik will be joining the Operations department, and jumping right into the thick of the mission with us on the Conjoinment Crisis mission.

Kyle Briggs

And we have another returning player. Lisa Belmont will be joining us in our medical dept. Everyone give her a warm welcome back.

Rayek trLhoell

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on October 29, 2022, 12:37:31 AM

And we have another returning player. Lisa Belmont will be joining us in our medical dept. Everyone give her a warm welcome back.

Welcome back Lisa! 

Rayek trLhoell

Good day everyone!

In previous years, Shadowfleet had an award called the "˜Post of the Month' that was selected by the CLO's to recognize the amazing writing of the players.  That award has in recent times been neglected.  I am bringing it (or something close to it back).  Each Mission, a post will be select to be recognized for its contribution to the mission.

For Discovery's S14 E10 - Manifest Destiny,  I have selected Dem Broadshire's post #77 as our Post of the Mission for it was the spur for an actual mission not just random posting.
Post of the Mission
Please join me in congratulating him!
Quote from: Dem Broadshire on July 25, 2022, 02:00:53 AM

[Main Shuttle Bay--Deck 6--Resort Complex| USS Discovery/Shaddai IV]

Dem Broadshire sat on a grey bench, overlooking the main shuttlebay. Starfleet officers running around, like ants drawn to sugar, replacing this here and breaking that there. While being reluctant to go on the race, he was disappointed that the shuttle was grounded, due to a malfunctioning Whoseywatsit. He stood up, and walked through the whooshing doors.

He went to his half unpacked quarters, and grabbed the small standard-issue bag that he brought on the shuttle. Now knowing the way of the corridors, he safely got himself to the transporter room on deck 6. The transporter operator stationed there looked as enthusiastic as a Bajoran Kisel bird. Dem stepped on the pad, and the disgruntled operators face faded away.

Dem energised on a lower step of the resort that most officers stayed at, and looked around for a moment. An imposing building, but with a majestic curved back exit. this was, of course not the door he was looking for, as he specifically instructed the officer to beam him down to the main entrance. Dem only took one step to get to the main enterance, when a curdling scream cut across the promenade. Instinctively, he ran towards it, med kit in hand.

Rayek trLhoell

Greetings Gentlebeings!

Before we head into the holidays, I wanted to take the time to announce the S14 E11: Conjoinment Crisis - Part One - Ship of Horrors recipient of the

Post of the Mission
Congratulations go out to:  Erein Jael Sherem  for her post #21
Quote from: Jael Sherem on October 26, 2022, 07:55:35 AM

[Ante-Centurion Jael Sherem | Transporter Room | Deck Thirteen | RFS Valdore]

Jael perked up. The Cardassian enclave near Alpha Onias? How could she have not seen that? She especially jumped, taken by surprise by Captain Tekin. How did she not realize he was aboard?

"If there are pirates using that enclave as a means to protect themselves," she said, "and those pirates are Cardassians...well, it's possible some of them could answer to my father. Maybe even my father is operating in that enclave himself..."

She looked around and proceeded to explain: "I'm not sure if anybody knows, but my father is Gul Nehor Sherem, one of Gul Dukat's strongest supporters, former Obsidian Order agent and head of its replacement, the Cardassian Intelligence Bureau, when Dukat took over Cardassia and had the Union join the Dominion. Since the end of the Dominion War, however, he's been on the run. He's got a variety of secret bases utilizing Dominion technology, and to ensure he keeps mobile, he has a Nor class station rigged with Borg technology, particularly a transwarp drive. Nowadays, he's been coordinating with pirates, particularly with pro-Dominion aims who are also on the run with him. He's been extremely elusive...

"The fact that Cardassian pirates could be involved," she further explained, "it makes me suspect he could be involved somehow. Starfleet Intelligence had me assigned an infiltration mission to gather intel about them...and that was how I found out about his involvement in piracy. I also met your former Chief of Security when I was on that mission, she was on an exchange program herself with Klingons at the time.

"Then again, if it's an enclave to promote goodwill between Romulans and Cardassians, my father may not be there at all," she said with a shrug. "But with pirates who are former intelligence operatives, you never know. Of course, it won't surprise me if he's using that enclave to hide himself, or maybe assert control; after all, fear of a threat, particularly if it's masked and hidden, is a popular way of asserting control in a tyrannical way. In a way, my father had a good teacher in Dukat."

She looked around and added apologetically, "Sorry for the story, I felt it best to explain; the possibility of Cardassian pirates, it's made me suspect my father could be involved...but then, he couldn't be; again, you never know with former intelligence operatives, they could catch you with your pants down, as they say on Earth, if they could."

I particularly enjoyed how she uses her backstory to have her character become more involved in the mission, offering possible context and ideas to the senior officers.

Great post Jael!

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.