Choose Shadow Fleet's Fifth Ship!

Started by kawolsky, February 25, 2013, 08:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

With the USS Gettysburg firmly placed among the ships of Task Group Alpha, it's time to turn our attention to the future additions to our fleet.

That's why, as usual, we'd like to get a feel for what starship you - our members - would like to see in the fleet. Simply choose from the options above and comment below with your reasoning. The more interesting the reason, the more likely it is that the ship class will be picked.*

And if you wish to suggest names for our next ship, feel free! But bear in mind the fleet's starship naming conventions.

The poll will run for 30 days. I look forward to seeing the results!

*The winner of the poll will not necessarily become Shadow Fleet's fifth ship. The decision will be made by the Shadow Fleet Admiralty.

Zuriel Soreka

Sovereign-class reason being its 2390 and we just got a galaxy class starship lol, since we have finally got past the phantom barrier of "we don't have enough people to man it" this ship makes sense with time line  and with the state of the federation after the dominion war.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Zuriel Soreka on February 25, 2013, 08:24:19 PM

Sovereign-class reason being its 2390 and we just got a galaxy class starship lol, since we have finally got past the phantom barrier of "we don't have enough people to man it" this ship makes sense with time line  and with the state of the federation after the dominion war.

I couldn't agree more with Zuriel. In addition to this, the ship has built in ability to be modded to what ever job is required of her. If I remember correctly their are modules that can be easily installed without requiring a major refit if they needed to say turn the ship from an exploration ship to a science ship to a battle ship.

Malcolm Adeyemi

I voted for Sabre class because I like mythology. I propose an alternate to Greek or Roman mythology. How about Aztec or Norse?

Kirok

I voted for the Prometheus class ship.

It has multi-vector assault mode and can travel at 9.9+ warp!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Now that I think about it post Dominion Starfleet is very militaristic so a Sovereign class makes sense. Plus it'd be B.A.

My vote still stands, though. I propose the USS Heimdall. The Norse watchman on the Bridge.

Juran Vesk

I voted Prometheus Commissioned as USS Persephone , because of the Versatility it would bring to the Fleet Simm. Named so to reflect the growth and longevity of Shadow Fleet.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Kirok on February 25, 2013, 08:35:59 PM

I voted for the Prometheus class ship.

It has multi-vector assault mode and can travel at 9.9+ warp!

I hate to say it, while I liked the episode of Voyager that had that ship, and I like that ship (especially Andy Dicks as the EMH) I think that ship is way too much of a god mod ship. I don't see it loosing at what ever it does, and I kind of think it is just to OP to simm properly.

Canora ann Daggarscrech

Quote from: Luke Stafford on February 25, 2013, 08:33:02 PM

I voted for Sabre class because I like mythology. I propose an alternate to Greek or Roman mythology. How about Aztec or Norse?

I voted sabre class, but i would think that would make a good U.S.S. Bastet Or perhapse a U.S.S. Sakhmet? both are egyptian and I'd kinda like to see a ship named after a girl for once (No offence, guys.)

Also a small, fast ship is a good ship to enter warzones with when you want to get out of bad situations FAST! Also, more maneuverable.

Sahiba Conley

Quote from: Canora ann Daggarscreech on February 25, 2013, 08:52:55 PM

I voted sabre class, but i would think that would make a good U.S.S. Bastet Or perhapse a U.S.S. Sakhmet? both are egyptian and I'd kinda like to see a ship named after a girl for once (No offence, guys.)

Also a small, fast ship is a good ship to enter warzones with when you want to get out of bad situations FAST! Also, more maneuverable.

The Gibson is named after a girl lol.

"I want you to draw me like one of your french girls Jack..."

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Tobias Masters on February 25, 2013, 08:47:41 PM

I hate to say it, while I liked the episode of Voyager that had that ship, and I like that ship (especially Andy Dicks as the EMH) I think that ship is way too much of a god mod ship. I don't see it loosing at what ever it does, and I kind of think it is just to OP to simm properly.

This ^^^

Canora ann Daggarscrech

Sahiba Conley

Quote from: Canora ann Daggarscreech on February 25, 2013, 09:35:31 PM

I had no idea.

During the Earth's 21st century, a woman named Sherry Gibson lived. She was no mere woman, but quite the pioneer. She is all of her years touched the lives of many, with her kind heart, her endeavoring spirit and her tenacious soul. She is an ancestor of our very own Admiral O'Neill. I feel honored to stand here today and christen this ship in the name of Gibson, to her memory, her vision and her continued work into the future. - Riley Munro

"I want you to draw me like one of your french girls Jack..."

Juran Vesk

Quote from: Tobias Masters on February 25, 2013, 08:47:41 PM

I disagree, the claim that the Prometheus Class is OP is unfounded. The fact that it is a Canon Class Ship, leaves the question if it is so overpowered as many claim it to be would it not shift the technological superiority to the federation leaving all other races or far superior races inept? I hardly think the creators/writers for Star Trek would introduce something to massively shift the balance of power to any given race at the cost of story stability.

The lack of use of the Prometheus Class amongst the Series does not provide us with enough accurate information to make a factual argument that it is indeed OP. To a final note, I think it would be up to the CO XO and Crew to determine whether or not it could be Simm properly. Because at the end of the day Simm's success or failure is determined by the crew. I could think of at-least 4 missions off the top of my head that the Prometheus could be used for.

Alexander Wu

Nebula Class commissioned U.S.S. Pearson, named after Lester B. Pearson; UN Diplomat, Ambassador to the United States, Canadian Prime Minister and the widely recognized father of modern day peacekeeping. The causes he fought for in life can be seen as a reflection of all the principles and ideals which the Federation stands for.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.