Let's get this BS sorted out RIGHT EFFING NOW!

Started by Archangel Koris, June 22, 2014, 06:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Gabriel Arthur on June 23, 2014, 01:44:34 PM

Honestly, Mr. Stafford?  I think you're just enjoying playing the victim.

I'm not that interested in discussing it with you anymore.

No worries. We're at loggerheads when it comes to this, but I agree with not discussing it any further. I respect you and your work, and the last thing I'd want to do is jeopardize that kind of thing with a fellow officer over something like this.

John Brown

This has turned into what I call piss fit; I am willing to make improvements as a CLO Mr.Stafford you can still be involved in the big choices that's what you and others were chosen to be Leaders but getting into arguments saying nothing going to change so why bother...but you have such a big opportunity and you don't see it I hope you do somtime soon....to be honest I am loosing faith in this topic were going in circles I am considering locking this topic unless we get some suggestions for improvement like MR.WU has (sorry for caps on my cell) that the command level officers and flag officers are discussing were all working together to make imprvments as best as we can so please start guys.

Archangel Koris

Quote from: John Brown on June 23, 2014, 01:53:23 PM

This has turned into what I call piss fit; I am willing to make improvements as a CLO Mr.Stafford you can still be involved in the big choices that's what you and others were chosen to be Leaders but getting into arguments saying nothing going to change so why bother...but you have such a big opportunity and you don't see it I hope you do somtime soon....to be honest I am loosing faith in this topic were going in circles I am considering locking this topic unless we get some suggestions for improvement like MR.WU has (sorry for caps on my cell) that the command level officers and flag officers are discussing were all working together to make imprvments as best as we can so please start guys.

I'm planning on posting up part 2 of my suggestions later this evening, once I can sit down with my computer consistently and type.  Part 1's somewhere earlier in this topic, if you haven't seen it yet.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Gabriel Arthur on June 23, 2014, 12:36:53 PM

I am not a part of every decision-making process on this site, and I am perfectly fine with that.

If you'll excuse me, I have some sausage to fry.

You know, something just occurred to me. While I and Wu might not be content with the amount of information players receive Gabriel is perfectly fine with the situation. Others might feel the same.

I can definitely relate to having an "I don't know and I don't know want to know" feeling about certain things. Like, for example, hot dogs. Sausage's ugly cousin. I don't know what goes into them and I don't want to know. I just know they taste great.

So if the majority are content to let the higher-ups decide bigger issues I would have 100% zero problems with this.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Matthew Thompson on June 23, 2014, 02:55:35 PM

What happened to Starbase Horizion?

Decommissioned. If I had to hazard a I guess, I'd say it was the wrong time, concerning all of the server issues we've been having.

Mikey010178

Quote from: Luke Stafford on June 23, 2014, 02:57:50 PM

Decommissioned. If I had to hazard a I guess, I'd say it was the wrong time, concerning all of the server issues we've been having.

Not decomissioned, it has been set aside to sort out the current state of affairs, none of it server related. It will be back as people are excited to be on it, but it was felt after a discussion last night, that we set it to one side for a few days or weeks whichever is needed. This way we can get the other stuff settled, then once that happens it will be back.

Think of the DVD being as on pause for the time being.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Mike Anderson on June 23, 2014, 03:36:42 PM

Not decomissioned, it has been set aside to sort out the current state of affairs, none of it server related. It will be back as people are excited to be on it, but it was felt after a discussion last night, that we set it to one side for a few days or weeks whichever is needed. This way we can get the other stuff settled, then once that happens it will be back.

Think of the DVD being as on pause for the time being.

This is unrelated, but would the Gibson also be considered "on pause?" Or is it gone for good? I wasn't here for all of that.

Gabriel Arthur

Quote from: Luke Stafford on June 23, 2014, 03:41:32 PM

This is unrelated, but would the Gibson also be considered "on pause?" Or is it gone for good? I wasn't here for all of that.

Gibson was destroyed by a computer virus in-story, and replaced by the Chin'toka.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Gabriel Arthur on June 23, 2014, 03:46:34 PM

Gibson was destroyed by a computer virus in-story, and replaced by the Chin'toka.

Thanks. That sucks, though...lots of love on that ship. Lots of marauding alien bug pirates, too.

James Booth

A question was asked, it was answered twice.

As for the Gibson, I don't believe there are any plans bring that SIMM back. So I would consider the Gibson decommissioned. The station will be back, as soon as possible, but it will not be rushed back.

Quote from: Gabriel Arthur on June 23, 2014, 03:46:34 PM

Wasn't destroyed, but you are half right Gabe. It might come back one day, who knows.

Natalya Simonova 'Natalya sipped her drink again before turning to look at Booth "His exact words were stay away from Jimmy Booth he makes James T Kirk look like a Vulcan monk"'

Gabriel Arthur

Quote from: James Booth on June 23, 2014, 03:50:05 PM

A question was asked, it was answered twice.

As for the Gibson, I don't believe there are any plans bring that SIMM back. So I would consider the Gibson decommissioned. The station will be back, as soon as possible, but it will not be rushed back.

Wasn't destroyed, but you are half right Gabe. It might come back one day, who knows.

Heh, true that.  I guess I had the New Frontier series on my mind.  :P

James Booth

Quote from: Gabriel Arthur on June 23, 2014, 03:54:28 PM

Heh, true that.  I guess I had the New Frontier series on my mind.  :P

No sweat, it's answered now, no need to dwell on it wouldn't you say ;)

Natalya Simonova 'Natalya sipped her drink again before turning to look at Booth "His exact words were stay away from Jimmy Booth he makes James T Kirk look like a Vulcan monk"'

Revek Tre'el

*sigh*

This is how I see this thread right now.

Complaint: We want more transparency in decisions.

Response: Ok, we'll work on letting you guys see more of the process where we can.

Complaint: We want more transparency in decisions.

Response: We just-

Complaint: WE WANT MORE TRANSPARENCY IN DECISIONS!!!!

-_-

Come on people. You voiced your concerns and they were addressed. Richard said this was going in circles but I disagree. This isn't even moving anymore. All this has turned into is people complaining for the sake of making noise on a subject that has been settled.

Virtually every other issue raised is something that is going to be discussed at higher levels and, where we can, we will let you know what's going on. Unless you have something new to add, then don't say anything.

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

Archangel Koris

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on June 23, 2014, 08:17:31 AM

- Transparency in decision making and issues concerning the Fleet.
- Number of alternate characters.
- Players with more than one character per ship.
- Crew redistribution/transfers

- New SIMMs and Starbase Horizon
- Committee vs. CLOs
- "My way or the high way"

Ok, back to where I left off.

New SIMMs/Starbase Horizon

This has already been answered numerous times, so I'm just gonna skip it.

Committee vs. CLOs

If I remember correctly, the committee was supposed to be formed of players who have the Fleet's best interests at heart/want to improve the Fleet in any way possible.

My thoughts were that you don't get to be a command level officer without putting some degree of effort into improving things, so as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't really matter.  People who have suggestions as to how to improve the Fleet but aren't a CLO can PM any of the CLOs to tell them about it and try to get it discussed.

That's what the CoC is for, right?

"My way or the high way"

I wrote a little about this earlier in response to Luke Stafford, but I'm going to elaborate on it here.

Shadow Fleet has a clear hierarchy.  There is no democracy.  Admirals hold the power, but to temper that power somewhat, we have the Captains and XOs.  They've all put considerable effort into the Fleet and therefore can be said to have earned their positions and the powers they hold.

In essence, yes, it is their way or the high way since they have the power to decide.

Why can't it be a democracy?

Because it wouldn't work.  Having too many people trying to come to a single conclusion will inevitably end in arguments and nothing being decided.  By limiting how many people are in on that decision, there's a better chance of something being done.

I'm going to reuse my earlier example of Europe.  They can't decide on anything.  Why?  Because out of the 27+ countries involved in the decision, it's pretty much guaranteed that at least one of them won't be happy with a proposed solution.

Get my meaning?

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.