T'Laar - Reporting in 5/17/24

Started by Kinley Garrison, May 17, 2024, 07:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinley Garrison

Welcome to the Fleet! We are glad you're here! Please fill out this character introduction and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Character Details

Character Name:
Character Age:
Character DOB:
Character Image:
Character Species:
Character Bio:

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience:
Department Preference:
Secondary Department Preference:
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian:

Sample post:

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet?

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

T’Laar

Character Details

Character Name: T'Laar
Character Age: 110
Character DOB: 2292?
Character Image: I do not have an image
Character Species: Vulcan
Character Family: I think science envelopes her life, has a disdain for politics, so her family is never at the forefront although she has compassion for life and all of its species. Just as individuals aren't important to her. Science is life.
Character Bio: a Vulcan who pushes the limits of science, and "You can use logic to justify almost anything. That's its power - and its flaw." -Captain Janeway. I was just investigating/ reading on how to destabilize a star, absolutely fascinating. Learning is life, and knowledge is wealth, which obviously blinds me to other events around me. I think, unlike other Vulcans who are not fond of humans, she is just not fond of interacting period where science is concerned. She isn't commissioned or enlisted because following rules in gaining knowledge is not her forte. Not afraid to try her experiments on herself either.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: I played a lot of D&D as a child, also mechwarrior, gammaworld, car wars and a spy game that I cannot recall.
Department Preference: science (theoretical physics) now that I am personally retired....I'm all about science. Ironically I learn, study and try to experiment on general time dilation.
Secondary Department Preference: Biology/nanotechnology
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: civilian (although I'm ex military lol.)

Sample post:

Additional information: When it comes to most role playing, I love necromancers for some reason, can't not take them as a character class (like diablo) also my gamma world character was the best (in my mind), he was a mutated pumpkin plant that rode a motorcycle and used a football helmet as pumpkin protection.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Reddit if I remember correctly.

Rayek trLhoell

T'Laar we require a sample post along with your application

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

T’Laar

What exactly do you mean a Sample post, like if I said hi in the forum or something. Sorry, I'm not interpreting it properly.

Nira Said

We're asking more for a sample of your writing style, how you would write out a story in a post reply. That's what is meant by a sample post (not saying hello in the forum).

Or, to quote from the Application Notes: "We require a sample post to check your current posting skills. It doesn't have to be long, but we will look at creativity, spelling and grammar, the use of NPCs, and general Star Trek knowledge. The content of the post itself is not the main focus of our assessment of you, but try to keep it reasonable and within the established canon."

First Officer, Outpost Solaere
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

T’Laar

Ok here we go....

"The effect of ship with its shields active in the proximity of a stars magnetic field has to be taken into account as this may cause magnetic reconnection. This can cause an instability in the stars magnetic field and errant radiation to bombard the system. Obviously its range, speed and damage done is dependant on a number of factors but can cause wide spread devastation through out the system."

There is my sample post, that was harder than I thought. At one point I typed a few pages lol. IT was coming out either too short. I'm good when presented with a situation. Of course I always default to where I feel most comfortable.....science theory. Was that good?

T’Laar

Hmm I'm guessing I did something wrong....

Nira Said

It was a good job of a sample. :) It's much appreciated. Your instructor will come soon to get you started on your ATC.

First Officer, Outpost Solaere
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

T’Laar

Rayek trLhoell

Sorry for the delay, I've messaged your ATC instructor and he should post something within the next day or so.  He's not online every day. 

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Tekin Nevir

Hey T'Laar, I am Captain Tekin Nevir, the Science Academy instructor.  You can find your ATC here.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.